It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G4S Wackenhut blocking media and protesters in AL

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I personally think the reason they are keeping people away is because of the DEADLY CHEMICALS in the air!! The more media and people around will get very sick and ill and the word will spread much faster of how bad not only the spill is, but that the chemicals being released with the oil.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The people who make these films give everyone who cares about what is going on a bad name.

Let's all walk around with cameras and ask the same question, 5 different ways, to people who don't have answers. Oh look! That guy over there guarding the parking lot! He must have the answers to our questions. Oh, he doesn't... Maybe he can tell us why we can go into this parking lot.

I blame this type of behavior on Michal Moore!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I will look...it was a contemplation video and it was showing local news reports from along the coast..I may have mis spoke (typed) using state names...and not being from the area cannot tell which local news belongs to which states

either way I still think it is odd/not right for hired security to keep news and people away from public beaches without explanation...obvioulsy theres an oil spill...but some guy just hired to stand there an tell me to move on without an offical explanation or credentials when my lively hood is on the line can have a coke and a smile and go F themselves.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

And I applaud it. Pressure is key. If the civil rights movement worried about offending people it wouldn't have gotten the attention it did. As long as no one is using violence I say harass away. The best part about speaking and oppinion is the receiver gets to decide its worth.

Keep up the pestering because the journalists have seemed to forgotten that used to break stories wide open for them back when they had integrity.

The fact that people flock to voice there oppinion on this tactic with outrage or disgust is certainly just. So too is asking questions of the private security and making a video of it. Now people have seen whats going on and guess what? they can form an oppinion as apposed to being told to keep quiet, refrain from questions and walk away.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Well I have friends that are involved in the clean up and are also here on ATS but they are very busy and don't have time to post.

I can tell you one thing though they are not allowed to wear resperators. Anyone who is caught wearing one will be fired on the spot.

I also have breaking news out of Pascogoula MS.

There is oil in the River there I have a team enroute and will have pictures soon which I will be posting in a new thread.

My source told me that one of the BP contracting compaines had barges that had transited through the spill and were not deconed before coming in to the port.

Note: I know most ATS'ers don't like anon sources but these are people and they are putting their jobs at risk to put out this information so please understand. When the operations are over and there is no risk involved we will posting a detailed briefing here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I would view private security contractors who are choosing to disobey the law of the land, the Constitution, and deny private, sovereign, US citizens the right to access their very own public property as owned by "We the People", as criminals and traitorous and should be delt with accordingly. Most contractors are ex-mil and understand that what they are doing is against the law but are choosing to do it anyway.

Just get out of range of their little poodle shooters and deal with the situation.

Wha...? You don't think they'd shoot you?.... and get away with it?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Well I want to thank you for your efforts. It is much appreciated. Its funny, at the congressional hearing today, Tony Hayward was asked if people were being terminated for wearing gas masks and what not and he smirked and said it wasnt true, which i think most of us know is complete BS. Please keep us updated and if there is anything i can do to help please let me know!! Godspeed my friend

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

I agree. The ignorant morons who make these videos and the ignorant conspiracy addicts who lap them up give us all a bad name....this thread is a great example.

O.K. great, the video establishes that there is private security near a beach....but it does little else, and the idiots who made it, frankly, embarrass me a little. I can't believe how stupid they are. They can't even ask the right questions properly. Give me a camera and 5 minutes, I would be up the food chain of this issue quicker than you could shake a stick at. Its not brain surgery.

But the goal of idiots who make videos like this is not really the truth, trust me.

On the other side, putting on my conspiracy hat, maybe they want to keep people form the beaches because there isn't enough oil washing up to make it look bad, and our big ol' government can't let people see that because they need to use this disaster to get more money and power.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by merkaba93

Thats exactly why we are armed and if the private security forces attempt to stop media on our watch; well thats not gonna happen here in MS

I have plenty of toe tags and body bags left over from Katrina.

I digress.

We will deal with them in a legal and civil way.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thebulldog

Yes questioning is good. However, these people aren't doing good questioning.

The first guy they talk to tells them what he knows and is allowed to say. When the questioner realizes that the information he is given is not interesting enough, he proceeds with asking questions he knows he he not going to get an answer to. That man was obviously not in a position to be in the know about the questions being asked.

Next they filmed a police car. They got a shot of the license plate. So we know that there are in fact police there. However, there are police everywhere.

Next they film the guy guarding the parking lot. I'm sure he seems like a valuable target to get information from. He repeatedly tells them how to get to the beach. At that point they ask him why they can't go into the parking lot. Obviously, there is a cleanup in progress and they are going to need some space.

The next guy they film is also security personnel. The ask him a bunch of questions he obviously doesn't know the answer to.

The funny part here is that while they were taping the last two people they received names and locations of people they could talk to for answers.

They are not being blocked from anything that they should have access to. They are given the names and locations of people who can answer their questions. Where is the video footage with those guys?

To the makers of this video: Next time you think about going out and trying to help, just stay home.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
You do know that Wackenhut does the security at Area 51/ Groom lake? They are under a new name now.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Klaatumagnum

The also provide security for parking lots and guide people to the beach now.

Second line.

CX

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm suprised nobody has brought up the fact that Wackenhut personnel are supposedly part of the guard force at Area 51, some say they are the cammo dudes or another part of the security there.

Plenty of threads on ATS in the past talking of the company being a front for the CIA too.

The plot thickens.

CX.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

I have to agree they did not know how or what questions to ask and I would have done far more if I had to drive over 200 miles.

I will hit them hard here in MS when they show up.

I cannot wait!

However I hope the oil stays out of my Aera of Operations.

CX

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klaatumagnum
You do know that Wackenhut does the security at Area 51/ Groom lake? They are under a new name now.

Lol you beat me to it whilst i was writing the post.

CX.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Klaatumagnum

G4S Wackenhut is now known as G4S Secure Solutions.

They also provide security at the nations nuclear power plants.

They have also take over some Blackwater ( now Xe ) contracts. That is part of the reason behind the name change.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I mean the guards are flat out retarded and obviously under cover, but it's safe to say that the people recording were semi confrontational.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I am beginning to wonder if this isnt another Katrina like land grab.....
The major players will be buying up all that cheap southern beachfront
with all that cleanup money theyre gonna make, and the gov boys will suck up kickbacks for the next decade off the whole mess....
The corps will outlast the people displaced....
and even at that they will never pay them off what their properties would have been worth...
Imagine if the values of all that property suddenly plummets to zilch...
people will just walk away from them...the mortgages will be unpayable.
Besides the economic devastation of the job losses that will force people to leave.
The sad fact is the very rich will profit off of this disaster no matter what happens....
We are held accountable in the end by men with guns....
need i say more?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I dont know what could they do if 200 ppl ran into them and at the beach at the same time with whistles as a ready-GO ! YAAAAAAAAAAAAH !

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

Why dont people learn to ask the right questions? YOU know he works for Wackenhut and she claims its former CIA agents and what not...thats bull. Wackenhut has ALOT of government contracts, the real question she should have been asking him is "Who is your client?"

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join