It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G4S Wackenhut blocking media and protesters in AL

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

IF there is danger from poisonous gases at the beaches, then the federal or state government needs to warn the public, and make an OFFICIAL announcement.

For hired contractors to keep people from public spaces for no announced reason is criminal.

Anyone who defends them for doing it is an idiot pure and simple. Use your brain for something besides holding your ears together.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

If you listen to what they people are saying they are directing them to the beaches. They are keeping people away from what looks like the clean up operation headquarters in that area.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

The beach is public and no company or agent therof have any right to tell anyone they can not go somewhere. If its closed let Law Enforcement do its job.

Edit: I watched again and the guard does tell them how to get to the beach. Could someone contact the YT user that posted the video so we can get more information. I would but YT and my email is blocked here at work.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Anyone who defends them for doing it is an idiot pure and simple. Use your brain for something besides holding your ears together.

Maybe you need to put your glasses on and re-read my post. Your overwhelming desire to jump to absurd conclusions is showing.

Never did I defend the security on a public beach, and never would I. Please, re-read the post before you make yourself look even more ignorant.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

check out 2:34 on the video. A lady in the background is saying, "we want to go to the beach." The security guard says, "yeah just go around."

I honestly feel bad that they are making life hard for this guy.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Styki]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

I think the real highlight here is the Guard either does not know who the client is or he is under instructions not to give out that information.

Either way he sounds stupid.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I know, but that's why I was trash talking the makers of this film. They choose to make a video out of them asking people who obviously don't have the answers to their questions. They were given the names and locations of people who could answer there questions several times, yet they choose not to include them in their film.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

I saw that yesterday and thought why is it so hard to say yes we are from Wackenhut and leave it at that. The more they try to hide things the more questions are going to be asked.It really looks shady when you are trying to hide things that we already know. Its not like we cannot read whats on their shirts. There is just alot of questions out there and nobody wants to try and answer any of them. Things like that are what make websites like this one flourish. People on this site are going to find the answers sooner or later .

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

After seeing this video I got to thinking that the 2 men in EPA shirt do they really work for the EPA or are they working for someone else. I say that because it is hard to believe they do not seem to be real familiar with the things going on around them. I could be wrong, but it just got me to thinking. I would think anyone with the EPA would at least know a little something about what is happening.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
All you need to get a basic job with wackennuts is a guard card.(in some states with out guard card requirements all you need in a warm body)

Then over time and with training you can work strike breaker.

If you have the right security clearances you might go into there government contract div.(ex military)

And if you have a top secret clearance with the right endorsements you might even get a job at area 51. (ex military with top secret commo ect)

The jokers right off street is just going to fallow the instruction his boss gave him.
This grade of employee is not very smart and picked just because they are a warm body.

Likely anyone with a fire department or EMT ID could flash there ID and walk right by these jokers by telling them they were of official business
the worse these people would do is call there supervisor.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by ANNED]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
But peoples minds have become so convoluted with "they did it on purpose" and entertaining any wild conspiracy theory because they are so distrusting of governments and corporations that it has clouded your judgement, and kept the rays of rational thought from shining through the darkness.

Okay, you got me curious.

Is a person crazy for not trusting government of corporations? Or is it the person that does trust them?

Maybe you're right, we should just listen to what they tell us and do what they say, then everything will be okay.

I didn't mean to imply people who distrust the government or corporations are crazy, nor the people that do trust them. I don't exactly have this huge trust thing going on myself.

But, I don't allow that distrust to bias my views to the point where EVERYTHING that happens is in someway designed to get us into a FEMA camp.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'm totally confused.

A catastrophe happens on public land and there are private corporations limiting access and information - after transparency from BP had been promised - and yet, somehow, asking questions and questioning the legitimacy and legality of the situation makes me some kind of tin-foil hat conspiracy nutbag?

This didn't happen in Burger King's kitchen, or some other proprietary corporate property - it happened and is happening in/on/around public land, water and beaches. Since when do corporations call the shots for those jurisdictions?

I am unable to draw the connection of "thinking something's up" to being labeled a "fruitcake."

What the hell am I missing? I guess I should stop asking so many damned questions I guess.

"Nothing to see here, citizen. Move along."

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

I 90% agree with you. Random onlookers clogging up the beach would potentially slow down the cleaning process (or "cleaning preparation" process), and the risk of civilians getting injured is definitely a concern.

Personally, I have very little trust in major corporation or the government, but c'mon, people are beginning to get a little TOO suspicious.

That said, I think the media should have full access, considering TOTAL secrecy is a big problem, but random ppl don't need to get in the way of the workers and put themselves at risk.

I've been reading this site for a few months now, and I have noticed that many (or most members) love to find any little thing to complain about (doesn't it just make you feel EMPOWERED and RIGHTEOUS?). Is not being allowed to access a contaminated beach really that big of a concern?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This is simple...

PRIVATE security is denying access to PUBLIC property WITHOUT authorization.

If the beach is unsafe, then GOVERNMENT authorized security should be
utilized to keep the public out of harm's way. This security force should be prepared to name the entity employing them, and cite the authorization
of such.

Anything short of that is unlawful...

[edit on 17-6-2010 by rival]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by guavas
This didn't happen in Burger King's kitchen, or some other proprietary corporate property - it happened and is happening in/on/around public land, water and beaches. Since when do corporations call the shots for those jurisdictions?

I am unable to draw the connection of "thinking something's up" to being labeled a "fruitcake."

They call the shots when the federal or local government give them that right. These beaches have been CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC. The only people allowed on them are people who in some capacity are there for cleaning up the oil, or providing security so some random looky loo doesn't get a face full of oil or otherwise get injured and want to sue, or for any other rational reason.

Why people cannot understand that there are most likely dangers associated with playing on a polluted beach escapes me, as well as this child like desire to have to know whats going on.

Atleast for me, you get labeled a fruitcake when you know whats up but you continue to insist something else is up. When you refuse to accept logical answers because it doesn't fit into your theory that we ARE ALL DOOMED. Or when you strip all the gears in your head by going from 0-conspiracy without applying the clutch.

Even though you asked the question, I don't mean to imply you are a fruitcake for asking questions. But if you are asking questions for which you've been given a logical answer, but refuse to accept......

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

It looks like the new non-executive director of G4S had had her dealings in the oil industry for a while

may be something or may be nothing

"During the last five years she has been a director of Bergesen Worldwide Gas ASA, British Energy Group plc, Biofuels Corporation plc, Petroleum Geo Services ASA and Anker PLC. She is currently a director of Tullow Oil plc, EnergySolutions, Inc. and Ilika plc as well as chairman of Gas Strategies Group Limited. "
www.g4s.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Does anybody really have to listen to these Wacknut cretins? On what authority do they have to keep people off a beach that they do not own? Cameras, cameras and more cameras. We need to get them in there. Civil disobedience is required, and if I can get a lift to one of these affected areas, I'LL lead it. I am not afraid. Make a "federal case" out of this repression of information, and let these Cro-mag punks who work for security firms like Wacknut know that they have no power over us. These are thugs, period. Maybe a copy of the Constitution and some state law to shove up their collective arses....

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Why hasn't the military just taken the whole thing over?

I would actually feel better seeing the sites guarded by US Troops, identifying themselves as so...

It's not the military's job, nothing to guard. Just hire the locals to get them some money and keep them off of unemployment / welfare.

Go to the beach, they cannot stop you, just don't bother the workers or get in the way of their vehicles. We have too many media whores who want a backdrop and are looking for some got-ya stupid statements made by some day laborer who cannot speak for BP. The no-fly zone is stupid too. Pilots just need to coordinate flight times, altitudes and directions so overflights can be done safely with minimal disruption on the ground as is done at the Grand Canyon, for example.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

If they didn't have authorization it would be illegal, and local police would have the right to remove them from the beach.

But they haven't, so maybe they have GOVERNMENT authorization. Its just not government employees providing the security.

Why doesn't someone just call the local pd for an area that has these nazi controlled beaches and say...."Hey I tried to go the beach earlier, but some guy who says hes security for xxxxx wouldn't let me on, is that legal? Who gave them authorization to police a public beach?"

It might clear up some confusion, or add to it. But then again, if you had answers what would you speculate about then? Most assuredly, the answer wouldn't be fitting for anyone who supports the other side of this argument.

Maybe I'll call.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster

And just to mention, these "BP security thugs" aren't ex cia mercenary navy seal green beret's. They are locally hired people, there have been news articles and posts here that show that.

I generally agreed with most of your post, so don't bust my chops, but had to correct this part. I don't know about most of the security down there, and don't really care enough to check into it, but I used to work for G4S/Wackenhut, and quit not long after G4S bought them out, but that's another issue.

The guy on camera there is a Custom Protection Officer. They are normally armed, and you'll notice this one wasn't. There's a reason for that.

In order to qualify for a CPO slot, you have to either have a military (combat arms only) background, or law enforcement. Not necessarily "CIA mercenary Navy Seal Green Beret" (although some of those types ARE represented), but not run of the mill mall cop doorknob rattlers either.

On these details like this, Wackenhut gathers up several officers from several states, and throws them all together on the contract, so those guys are NOT locals. They're Wackenhut/G4S Custom Protection Officers, gathered up from several states so that none are locals (there's a reason for that, too), nor are they the danger they're being presented as. For example, I didn't see any one being "kept off of the beach", but I DID see an officer regulating a parking lot.

If the OP needs any more info for OPSEC, or verification of my credentials, I'll oblige him through U2U as far as I can. Don't know anything about this operation in particular, but I know a good bit about this TYPE of operation in general. Intel helps planning.

BTW, this guy DOES know who he's working for (who contracted the company) but for some reason or other has been instructed not to divulge that bit of info. That's why he "played dumb", although I personally would have handled it differently. I'd have told the lady I work for Wackenhut, and if she wanted to know who THEY were working for, she'd have to contact the local office. Let them deal with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join