It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My near-encounter with the Pennsylvania Bigfoot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
So you ran away from a footprint?

Shoot it! Lay down some serious fire!

No one has ever been killed by a bigfoot.

No one has hard indisputable evidence.

I am sorry to all the bigfoot lovers, but a body is necessary for scientific study if it is to be protected. (If it's real.)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeh2324

I am sorry to all the bigfoot lovers, but a body is necessary for scientific study if it is to be protected. (If it's real.)

I don't want to call the OP a liar.Its just hard to sometimes believe these posts without any kind of pics or anything.Had he shot one then yes I would definitely believe it.Although a few years ago some guys had some pics and they turned out to be fake as well.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by indy0725

Lot's of those floating around.
Strange isn't it...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Strange isn't it...

I was talking about the ones that made cnn or foxnews whichever it was..They even had some press conference telling their stories but it was a fake.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Who would have guessed those were fake...
Of course they were fake!
If any believer wants to be taken seriously, they need to prove it as fact. Not with blurry pictures, shaky videos, or a hunch. A body is needed, nothing else. I'm sure there is a bounty on bigfoots head, if that motivates anyone.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by James Battleworthy
i live in pa, ive never seen one, but i dont doubt what you saw. were in pa do you live? im in northern pa. bradford county. im sure you know what a bear track is. thats about the only thing i could think of that you could mistake a fresh track for. did you just see one?? or multiple tracks?

To answer your question, it happened in venango county, and I only saw 1 track because I didn't want to stick around and look for others

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I would love to say you're completely right, BUT President Teddy Roosevelt did once see Bigfoot slaughter 2 men, for further info on the subject watch Lost Tapes: Bigfoot on Youtube or Animal Planet. Lost Tapes episodes are bountiful with info for cryptozoologists.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Truent2]

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Truent2]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Truent2

Dude, you have no clue what you are talking about.

TD wrote "It was told (to me) by a grizzled, weather-beaten old mountain hunter, named Bauman".

It was a "story" told to him.

But I will keep my eye out for a one legged bigfoot.

"Lost Tapes" is a fictional show of events.

This is why only a body will do for evidence. I'm going on a limb and saying it probably won't happen.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by jeh2324]

[edit on 22-6-2010 by jeh2324]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jeh2324

The episodes of lost tapes may be re-created, but what proves that these events didn't actually happen? Do some research into the people who died and research how they died, you may be surprised.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragiero
reply to post by jeh2324

The episodes of lost tapes may be re-created, but what proves that these events didn't actually happen? Do some research into the people who died and research how they died, you may be surprised.

What proves they did?

OK, I am willing, help me out and give me somewhere and something to look up.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
What an interesting story!

I was always skeptical of bigfoot. I mean, how could it exist without a body showing up?

My fiancee's family lives in Northern Idaho, and we have been visiting a lot lately. Waaaaay out in the wilderness. As in, you can drive an hour before you see signs of civilization. The forest is pitch black with all the trees blocking out the sun. My future grandfather-in-law spent his entire life hunting those mountains and hiking on a daily basis, and he has never seen a bears body, or a mountain lion carcass or a wolve's body left out, so why would he see a bigfoot body?

I'm now convinced that there could easily be something out there. The forest is so dark and dense, and its eerie exactly how remote it is.

Even in the farmland part that is mostly flat, you can look in all directions and not see a single house, cell tower, ANYTHING.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
As a hunter and outdoors man my self I have always found Bigfoot like many others very intriguing. The question though that is always asked, is if you happened to encounter one what would you do, shoot it or let it go? If you had a camera and took a picture of the creature then that picture would most definitely be scrutinized by every hard core debunker. It would be analyzed and picked apart, no matter what the outcome of the picture analysis there would still be a very large part of the public that would call it fake. And with today’s CGI and Photoshop one can create just about anything with the proper know how. So would you shoot one if given the opportunity? Let’s say that you did shoot one given the opportunity, and then let’s suppose that the one that you shot is the last one of its kind. Then by shooting this creature you have just wiped out the entire species for all time. Well my argument is that no matter what the species is Bigfoot or Bobcats if you have on specimen on hand then you have no species. And if you decided not to take the shot and let it go, 2 days later it dies from a broken big toe, scavenger animals come along and dispose of the carcass then there is no proof that it existed at all in the first place, and modern science will not except it. So as non blood thirsty as I am I believe the only alternative is to shoot one when given the opportunity, I only hope that I am never in that situation.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesBronson74
As a hunter and outdoors man my self I have always found Bigfoot like many others very intriguing. The question though that is always asked, is if you happened to encounter one what would you do, shoot it or let it go? If you had a camera and took a picture of the creature then that picture would most definitely be scrutinized by every hard core debunker. It would be analyzed and picked apart, no matter what the outcome of the picture analysis there would still be a very large part of the public that would call it fake. And with today’s CGI and Photoshop one can create just about anything with the proper know how. So would you shoot one if given the opportunity? Let’s say that you did shoot one given the opportunity, and then let’s suppose that the one that you shot is the last one of its kind. Then by shooting this creature you have just wiped out the entire species for all time. Well my argument is that no matter what the species is Bigfoot or Bobcats if you have on specimen on hand then you have no species. And if you decided not to take the shot and let it go, 2 days later it dies from a broken big toe, scavenger animals come along and dispose of the carcass then there is no proof that it existed at all in the first place, and modern science will not except it. So as non blood thirsty as I am I believe the only alternative is to shoot one when given the opportunity, I only hope that I am never in that situation.

You should always SHOOT IT! I would personally take the head shot. But you won't have the chance because it will never happen. I have spent many years in the woods and have never had an experience with an animal that I couldn't identify or explain. For safety sake, re-chamber a round, have plenty of rounds left, and be aware of your surroundings in case it's a heard.
But you could not deny the evidence of a body.
Also, scientist always take a specimen (dead animal) to truly understand a species.
If it were the "last one", then the species would be extinct anyways. Unless they can asexually create off-spring by him/herself.
Don't be a puss, shot it.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Lock and load baby...lock and load.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by indy0725

Strange isn't it...

I was talking about the ones that made cnn or foxnews whichever it was..They even had some press conference telling their stories but it was a fake.

I think one of those guys was a cop.
Yes he lost his job.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Seen this comment and just wanted to tell you I'm an avid hunter and if I ever see a Sasquatch, I'm shooting it. Then the discussion will be over lol

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
it is ILLEGAL TO SHOOT A BIGFOOT in many places, before you point your gun at anything man shaped stop and think for a second!!! (then shoot it).

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Truent2

Well Truent2 I live in the hills of Eastern Ky . In Oct. of 2007 around 7AM while feeding & watering my dog I had a massive one walk off the hillside no more than twenty feet from me . It was just before dawn here but I had enough light from distant street lights to see it but no fine details .

It was between 8 & 9 feet tall and was 4 foot across the shoulders We locked eyes & never broke eye contact till it moved across the yard , creek & then disappeared into the big weeds in the neighbors bottom . I only heard one slight low growl which directed my attention to it at first & I couldn't tell you whether the growl was from him or my dog .

I can say he never showed any aggression toward me or the dog which was in a kennel. I can tell you though I about crapped my paints & it was everything I could do to stop myself from taking off running & only knowing that you never run from wild animals was what made me stand there , I could not take my eyes off it's eyes . They where as big as coffee cups & I think I could fit my whole hand between them as well .

When it went out of sight I turned hurried in the house telling myself " That was one big ass bear !" Now I knew that a large black bear around here is 350 lbs this guy was 1200 if I was guessing I have not a clue why I would try to tell myself that he was a big bear & it walking on two legs looking at me plum out of site ! It took a while for it to sink in.

John

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'm originally from Venango County...

a reply to: Truent2

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join