It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My near-encounter with the Pennsylvania Bigfoot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
As an avid hunter, and Ex-Boy Scout I always thought I was ready for anything, a fall, breaking a leg, getting lost. But last winter I found out I couldn't have been more wrong.
It was a day in early December, I was out hunting with my Step-dad, my friend, his cousin, and his grandfather. We brought along some Pepsi as refreshment and we were running low in our shanty. I went to go get some out of my step-dad's van. As I left they asked, "Could you go into the woods on your way back so that you could scare out some deer?". I agreed and started up the road to the van hunting rifle in hand. I retrieved the Pepsi and went into the woods, not prepared for my next sight. Not long after I entered I heard the sound of cracking ice on a creek I new because of the general direction. I thought that either there was a bear or a large deer on the ice. I quietly went to see what it was hoping that it was a big deer. But as I neared the top of the hill that separated the creek from my sight,I saw a large footprint. I hoped that it would tell me what was on the ice. Boy did it tell me! It belonged to a large primate, now as this was winter we can rule out this being human because no man would go out bare foot. Plus it was way to big. I ran out of the woods as quick as possible never minding to leave a trail as to show my companions were this area was. when I got back I told them my story and they laughed at me!!!! I never was able to prove my story to them, but some nights I can't help but wonder to myself. "What if I was brave, went over the hill and shot Bigfoot? Would I be famous?" Such a big opportunity lost by and act of sheer cowardice. If you live in Pennsylvania or anywhere and have seen Bigfoot please tell me. Also feel free to tell me your thoughts on the story of my greatest regret. Thank you all and be safe in the wilderness, you never know what you might see out there.........

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Well If bigfoot is a real animal I for 1 am glad you were not brave and did not shot it. As the animal must be very rare . Wouldnt it just suck learning you killed the last of a animal?
O by the way two things 1 I belive you accutly saw what you think you saw.
No hunter would come here and lie saying he was scared lol .He would say i saw bigfoot but couldnt get a shot .so you must be telling the truth.
2 is dont put your self down I think you must be the bravest guy I know.
Not taking a shot at the big guy is one thing but coming here and saying you are a hunter (a Great white hunter perhaps?) shows you have some realy cahonies

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truent2
when I got back I told them my story and they laughed at me!!!!

Since you were picked to go and get the Pepsi, and told to scare up deer, I think your mates were messing with ya!

No wonder they were all lauging!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

Thanks but my main animals of choice are White-Tailed deer and Small game but thanks for the encouragement.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Hey Truent2.I too am from Pa,and also love to hunt.

Although I have never seen a bigfoot,or tracks,that doesn't mean the creature isn't in our neck of the woods.

Here is a link to the Pa bigfoot society.There are quite a few sightings there.

www.pabigfootsociety.com...

[edit on 17-6-2010 by crowpruitt]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by crowpruitt

Thanks, it's good to have some positive feedback on my story from all of you guys. And thanks for the site reference I'm gonna go check it out.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Truent2

You are a great hunter Turent2. If you would have shot and killed a PA bigfoot you would have been a whole lot worse off than you can believe.

Some hunters would have claimed that you were great, but the rest of the world would have made your life miserable stating that you killed a bigfoot, an endangered unknown species. Then, if it would have been a female bigfoot, the women of this world would have made your life a living hell.

It was much better that you did what you did. You were young and innocent, and now you can grow older and prouder knowing that you are still innocent.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm from PA. Have lived all over it but I have EXTENSIVE knowledge of the Northern Tier area (north of 80).

You didn't mention where you were at when this occurred. Please, where did this take place? Be as precise as possible (rural routes, state game lands, state forrest areas, etc. Any info possible).

If you are in my target area, I maybe able to get some people to go looking for you. They are skilled-state police trained Man-Trackers. The only group in PA used by the PSP for escapees etc. I am a former member but still stay in contact. They would love a good tracking mission.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

It took place near Venango county in a rural area with a few corn fields and a lot of woodland areas. I spotted the track in the woods as I said near a creek. I don't know much more about it as this year was my first year out there. As to keep my identity secret I won't tell my name or address (the last thing I need is a lot of publicity). Thank you for your support.

P.S. Venango county is in North-western PA

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Truent2

news: blonde bigfoot

could be a nordic alien

[edit on 17-6-2010 by reject]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Truent2

Glad you didn't get to take a shot at it. A camera's the only thing to shoot a bigfoot with. I wish you had gone a little closer to take a look, though can understand why you retreated. A good story, got me in.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The only way for the scientific community to get their hands dirty with Bigfoot would be to get a body and study it. However no bodies or anything have popped up. You'd think one would show up after a winter thaw or something.

Someday, if bigfoot exists, someone will shoot it so they can provide a real body to study.

The bigfoot legend has grown to be so huge by now that I almost think it would be relief if someone brought in a body.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Are you the guy who I saw on a report on CNN this morning, where they played a 911 taped and made the comment that the person calling was drunk!!

No judgment, but if so, this is a fine piece of serendipity.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Judohawk

What you say is true. Though just as a personal opinion, I feel if bigfoot exists, it might be better (for itself particularly) if it remains an enigma. Though I don't live in U.S. so don't know much about bigfoot really.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Yea, I want the mystery surrounding bigfoot to remain, but if it's a real creature I would be ecstatic if someone could actually get a real one to study. I'm a hunter but I hate to say go kill and animal just because. But bigfoot isn't exactly walking up handing out autographs. Maybe someday someone can tranquilize one and get it into captivity.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Truent2

Cool story bro.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

BUAHAHHHH

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

O.K. why did you put jack links commercials on a serious discussion thread?!?!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
i live in pa, ive never seen one, but i dont doubt what you saw. were in pa do you live? im in northern pa. bradford county. im sure you know what a bear track is. thats about the only thing i could think of that you could mistake a fresh track for. did you just see one?? or multiple tracks?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Greetings,

Your encounter seems to be legit but as a researcher I'm always somewhat skeptical until I establish certain facts about an encounter including the credibility of the encounteree.

To answer your question. Had you gone over the hill and shot the BF you may have gained the very notoriety that you don't want. It's our belief the species travels in family groups and sometimes in hunting groups.

If you had killed or injured a member of a group the other members may have very well killed you and disposed of your remains. The species is highly intelligent and will protect its' territory by chasing out intruders. I know this for a fact as I've been chased out twice from their areas across 35 years.

Your interest in the subject is appreciated and your free to join any number of groups or research yourself. Several cautions are in order regarding the species and there are several good websites with solid data including mine.

If your encounter was legit count yourself lucky and welcome to the club. My best,

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join