It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think about the oil spill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
There are many different views on what is happening and has happened with that oil platform in the mexican gulf.

With this thread I hope to collect all these different opinions and views and hopefully make it a interesting read.

If I put on my conspiracy tin-foil hat I come to the conclusion that this tragedy is man-made. I just can not belief that an oil company is recless enough to let such a financial loss and terrible enviroment disaster happen. The way Obama is on top of the situation is also very suspicious.....just like Bush tried to proof his inocence by reading a childrens book....up-side down.....at the time 911 happened.

I do not know what there is to gain by the NWO super elite but to me I see their handwriting all over this disaster.

What do you think about this oil drama?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I think I am not going to get involved. To depressing. Id rather live in my own protected bubble

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LynchBP

Pffft the people aren't responsible. It wasn't our fault that BP decided to cut corners, while knowing fully the risks. They lost the bet.

I also have a hard time believing that it is deliberate. I agree that it seems that way but I think that opportunities are just being taken while they're there.

[edit on 16/6/10 by GobbledokTChipeater]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LynchBP

This particular person is copy pasting the exact same response in every single BP forum? mods whats up with this? also they have joined 6 days ago im about to go start looking through thier posts and dig a little...

~meathead

~edit this person joined today..

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Mike Stivic]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
All I know is the whole thing should create more jobs.
More jobs are needed anyway.
Hey, this country needs accidents like that as we'll soon see.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Not to derail this topic but i invite anyone to go into lynchbp 's member profile click posts and realize he has spam lettered 33 posts ...

my apologies to the OP here i just noticed this and am a bit unsettled, has BP paid DIA to do these things?

~meathead

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The oil spill disaster is the inevitable result of a profit driven society.

As pressure increases on executives to "increase profits", they are required to make decisions based on the bottom line, not engineering decisions.

Mix into that corruption of the legislative and executive branches of government by the private sector, and these kinds of disasters are inevitable.

We will never see an end to this until we see an end to the profit driven decision making.

We won't see an end to profit driven decision making, ever. Eventually the planet will be destroyed by such improper decision making.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

Yup. That exact post just popped up in the BP art thread... seriously mods, do something about this troll puh-LEEEEZE

Personally, I'm not averse to the idea that something untoward caused the initial explosion on the rig... beyond that, I believe the domino effect that led to the well rupture was due to BP cutting safety corners, probably with the blessing of past administrations that had their palms greased. Obama's true lack of leadership surfaced shortly thereafter, and here we are. A perfect storm of corporate greed, government ineptitude perhaps with a dash of eco-terrorism... or maybe TransOcean really does make their rigs that unsafe, who knows.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Hello all, I guess this is my informal intro.

Anyway, what do I think about this? I think the world NEEDS to not panic and apply objectivity and stoicism balanced with whatever needs to be done. Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures but not too extraordinary.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think the Gulf blowout is a covert attack on America by her long time true enemies. An oil company (a corporation) is just one of the many covert weapons of mass destruction (WMDs) they are using to take her down:

If someone attacks you with a bat (a weapon) and you wind up in the hospital and you eventually recover... you're gonna press charges against the person who hit you with the bat. You’re not gonna press charges against the bat. But what if a person attacks you with a corporation, are you gonna press charges against the person or the corporation (the covert weapon)?

Let's take the example in the Gulf: If some persons or some nation were to us a nuke (a WMD) in the gulf of Mexico to wipe out most of the life and livelihoods on the east coast of the US, the people of the US are not going to blame the nuke (WMD) but their gonna hunt down the persons or the nation responsible for using a nuke to destroy the east coast of the US. But if some persons or some nation were to use a corporation (a covert WMD) in the Gulf of Mexico to wipe out most of the life and livelihoods on the east coast of the US, the people of the US are NOT going to hunt down the persons or nation responsible for using a corporation to destroy the east coast of the US but they’re gonna charge the corporation (the covert WMD) while the real culprits get away. The culprits are NOT the executives of the corporation (CEO, Chairman, incompetent employees etc… who are part of the WMD) but the majority shareholders of the corporation who WEILD the corporation (covert WMD) are the true culprits.

And the real culprits will use their bought out US government and puppet Obama, their mass media as well as their trolls that infest every online forum and blog on the Web, to make sure through repeated propaganda that the American people keep blaming the covert WMD (in this case British Petroleum because of their “GREED”) and/or the US government (also a covert WMD) because of their “INCOMPETANCE”.

So as America, the groggy “Sleeping Giant’ keeps getting repeatedly clubbed over the head with all these little covert WMDs (oil companies, Wall Street, Big Pharma, the Fed, healthcare reform, endless, illegal corporate wars to kill her youth, more taxes etc…) the groggy “Sleeping Giant” keeps flailing at the wind because she knows not who her real enemies are. And she’ll keep flailing until soon she finally collapses and hits the ground with a horrible thud. And that will be the end of her.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I have let my mind wander over all kinds of possibilities with the little information I have.

My favorites (I use this term in irony) would be:

1. "The Dead Shall Rise." What is crude oil, if not dead things? Walk the earth part is still troubling me, maybe hurricanes coming to toss the stuff onto the earth? Farfetched.

2. Is in relation to "The Bloop" - Whatever caused "The Bloop" might be angry, and just went a little berserk.

3. HAARP Destroyed the platform - FEMA camps incoming.

4. Aliens.

Ok so these are all wildly made up and probably have no basis in any sort of reality except my imagination (it's a dangerous place let me tell you).

However - My thoughts on the oil "spill" (I don't like "spill") are simply that I hate what the world has become, I want to change the way it works, I want to fix the Gulf, and I want oil companies to be shut down. We'd survive that. The human race would survive the oil companies being shut down. We'd learn to adapt and live off the earth again. We do not need "technology" as we know it.

It's a fanciful dream as I think the only way to stop greed is to see it destroy itself. Unfortunately it's taking everything it can with it.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by draevin]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This disaster is what happens when enviromentalist whackos have too big of a say in energy matters.

Drilling 50 miles offshore in MILE deep water is obviously not safe, but this was forced upon the oil companies because of enviro-whacko regulations.

Drill in mile deep water, but you can't drill in a vast wasteland like ANWR? Utterly stupid.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Carseller4]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

BP cut corners. That was because they wanted to save money, not because of some "environmental whackos".

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think it is like Chernobyl was for the USSR.
Profit-driven, just like that disaster was undeniably characteristic of Soviet rule. Which was power-driven, not profit.
I think it would be high time this oil madness stopped. Oil should be used for things that cannot be manufactured otherwise, such as medical plastic, contact lenses, CD's etc. It should not be used for transportation, heating, plastic bags and other unnecessary stuff.
This change can only take place if masses of people participate - like when people started to boycott ivory or South African gold in the eighties and nineties.
Think about it - every time you buy an unnecessary plastic object, you contribute to loss of life on Earth by messing with long-term ecology.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I think it's not a SPILL... and I wish people would learn that its a LEAK...

that's all...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I think it's not a SPILL... and I wish people would learn that its a LEAK...

I have been trying to clarify this to people since the oil rig exploded!

new topics

top topics

join