It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Americans are too occupied to give a hoot...

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Ain't this the truth?

With all the debt we're in, having to work our asses off just to survive and JUST TRYING TO LIVE A NORMAL LIFE, meanwhile all these conspiracies are occurring behind our backs.


[edit on 15-6-2010 by The Quiet Storm]




posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The problem is when you try to explain they shouldn't be working their lives as slaves to barely get by they get upset and tell you your just lazy and want something for nothing which isn't the case at all.

The people in this country, for the most part, do not even realize they are under control. They want and need this control.

The other night I was with my parents and a few of their friends at a bar. I said something to the extent that they are living in a little bubble and they are fed everything they believe and think is important. I went into a little more detail and actually thought I had convinced them I might not be crazy and they should listen to what I have to say when I was abruptly interrupted with "Maybe I like my bubble, I don't want to know about those things. I am happy with my life like this."

While that is all fine, to each their own, I really think it's sad that so many people are blind and do not even want to open their eyes. I just don't get how you can wake up each morning, come home, eat, watch the "news", go to sleep and repeat for your ENTIRE life.



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Well, how else can you make a living in American society?

Nothing will change unless we all go on a strike and stop working, but that won't happen without the economy collapsing and martial law. So I guess all are just waiting for something EXTREMELY HORRIBLE to occur to force us....to get us back to the same thing I just mentioned.

TPTB set it all up this way... how do we get out of it, and still make a living with MONEY!?

[edit on 15-6-2010 by The Quiet Storm]

[edit on 15-6-2010 by The Quiet Storm]



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NWtoHide
 




"Maybe I like my bubble, I don't want to know about those things. I am happy with my life like this."


Did you slap that individual upside the head?! If not for the interruption, at least for the ignorance.

Not too mention, it would have been a quick therapy session.





on topic:

Quiet Storm - your OP was rather short for topic such as this. And yes, it is indeed a vicious cycle TPTB have us in - but I think it would be fair to say this generalization applies to a majority of countries.


*edit to add QS's name

[edit on 15-6-2010 by facelift]



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Gotta watch my late night tv shows, gotta listen to my daytime radio programs, gotta check all my favorite websites to see if anything new is posted...

I'm what some would call a drain on society - I haven't worked in a long time and live off of others(in my own, not so awful way, but still...) so I'm at the other end of the spectrum.

I feel really passionately about the goings-on in the world right now, and actually know a whole lot about a lot of it. And every day I tell myself I should be walking through town, meeting new people and making friends, sharing what information I've picked up...

But I'm just too occupied, and I'm aware of it. Right now, I'm keeping myself 'busy' by sitting in front of a damn computer, and so is anyone else that reads this...



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NWtoHide
 


I don't like when people tell me "just worry about your own life, and when sh*t happens, sh*t happens, for now live 'in the moment'"...

And I'm like... "uhh.... there wont be any moment in the future if we all just said the same thing about what's going on and affecting Each and Every one of us, Right Now.... oh sh*t I got bills to pay.. sorry I gotta work, we'll save the revolution for another day because I gotta spend a life time gathering resources in this corrupted capitalist based society running on invisible resources we call 'money'"
haha.. only the rich can stand up for a cause.. and do something. the poor can only hope for a violent revolution.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by The Quiet Storm]



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWtoHide
The people in this country, for the most part, do not even realize they are under control. They want and need this control.

The other night I was with my parents and a few of their friends at a bar. I said something to the extent that they are living in a little bubble and they are fed everything they believe and think is important.

I stopped talking to my parents altogether because of this exact thing. We don't see eye to eye, they think anyone coming across the border should be shot on sight. Why would anything think that...Those people are coming across to make a better life, not to rob your house...too many ignorant people.



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
Gotta watch my late night tv shows, gotta listen to my daytime radio programs, gotta check all my favorite websites to see if anything new is posted...

I'm what some would call a drain on society - I haven't worked in a long time and live off of others(in my own, not so awful way, but still...) so I'm at the other end of the spectrum.

I feel really passionately about the goings-on in the world right now, and actually know a whole lot about a lot of it. And every day I tell myself I should be walking through town, meeting new people and making friends, sharing what information I've picked up...

But I'm just too occupied, and I'm aware of it. Right now, I'm keeping myself 'busy' by sitting in front of a damn computer, and so is anyone else that reads this...


I'm a full time student and part time worker... we all are trained to think that the only way to survive and best survive here is by going to school full time right after high school. The only ones not going to school are.. something else.

But yea.. and anyways I wouldn't want to do those other jobs. Problem is, even our education/brainwashing system is F-ed up as much as the rest of it all.

I think by the time I'm up for graduation everything will have gone to # and I would probably have done all of that for nothing.

Sigh.. I need to gtfo, say bye bye to all my parents and family, and my dearest friends and go live ALONE. I just dont know how to do it.... I could end up living on the streets.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by The Quiet Storm]



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
As more and more people were uplifted with our advances in technology, we had more and more free time.

Until - Television.

YOU figure it out.



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by The Quiet Storm
 


Occupied is a good word for it lol. Some are way too busy making sure they have AAAA+++ credit and a shiny new debt every 2 years, and another majority are gutted and hung out to dry on the Hollywood clothesline. They don't think anything is wrong since they buy into the MSM with unflinching loyalty, most of which still believe Bin Laden did 9/11 and he's still alive and living in Iran
. I talked with family about this and I got the "you can't worry yourself about that stuff, you'll go crazy" reply. I reply back about how real it is and give them examples. They just say "I'm not going to trouble myself with that craziness". It falls into that big grey area between love and anxiety. Eventually some will wake up, and some will be found in the fetal position in the driveway wondering how THEIR PRESIDENT would let it happen. Then there is the horde that still believes they will vote in a new leader. TPTB will not allow this, so back to square one they go.



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think we are all concentrating too much on ourselves and not what would be better for our people as a whole. We are too selfish to stand together for something that would help us all. We don't have the time to think about everyone else's needs and problems. We work and the party for oursevles. We are caught up in seeking prosperity for ourselves and families that we forget we are all in the same situation, and if we all stood up together to help one another see through the lies and corruption we would benefit our country greatly.



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernutty
 


Yea i feel at some point it will probably come to this. I have a pretty close family and they understand I think VERY differently than them but I think they still think at some point I'm going to see things their way. It's sad but they were just raised so sheltered, the internet has made it possible to get more information than ever. The only information sources they had were their local news papers and television, we all know how accurate relevant the things reported there are.



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars
 


You could add internet to that too.. I don't watch TV.



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Very true statement but here's the thing. It's meant to be this way. Not because we choose it but because we have allowed it to a large extent.

If we gotta keep the hamster wheel spinning how can we focus or handle anything else of importance? We can't and that hamster wheel was created for a purpose...



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The Quiet Storm
 


Absolutely right. Lawyers are not educated in ethical and moral justice. They are taught to adamantly enforce the codes of the Continental Corporation, and the different ways to manipulate justice. Doctors are now highly educated in medical arts, but are basically taught these days to listen for symptoms and prescribe a pill for the symptom. Cures are cheap, but continouos treatment is a goldmine. They're just board certified drug dealers.
The educational system is highly subversive, and the worst part is, the students are paying huge sume of money and debt to do it.



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan
 


haha.. you can't meet new people or make friends in this cut throat society. At least, not if you're like me.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by The Quiet Storm]



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
we don't usually see young people taking a stand, it's always the old folks. gee wonder why...

Anyways it all seems futile. One who already has a good education might be able to do something worthwhile, but other than that...

or someone good at socializing.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by The Quiet Storm]



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The Quiet Storm
 


I think people are just frustrated that others are so illogical in their thinking. If someone says the sky is blue, someone else will say no, the sky is not blue it is orange and because you think the sky is blue, you are racist, wing nut, coolaid drinking, freak. Of course, most people are happy to just sit back, drink beer, watch soap operas on tv, and could care less what happens as long as they check from the govt hits the mailbox on the correct day.



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWtoHide
The problem is when you try to explain they shouldn't be working their lives as slaves to barely get by they get upset and tell you your just lazy and want something for nothing which isn't the case at all.

The people in this country, for the most part, do not even realize they are under control. They want and need this control.

The other night I was with my parents and a few of their friends at a bar. I said something to the extent that they are living in a little bubble and they are fed everything they believe and think is important. I went into a little more detail and actually thought I had convinced them I might not be crazy and they should listen to what I have to say when I was abruptly interrupted with "Maybe I like my bubble, I don't want to know about those things. I am happy with my life like this."

While that is all fine, to each their own, I really think it's sad that so many people are blind and do not even want to open their eyes. I just don't get how you can wake up each morning, come home, eat, watch the "news", go to sleep and repeat for your ENTIRE life.


Look at the way it is in the rest of the world.



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NWtoHide
 


Your post just validated a conversation I had with a relative under the same subject.

It's unfortunate, that so many people "like their bubble" so much that they're willing to sacrifice themselves to keep it.

Needless to say, that relative isn't very fond of me.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join