It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Interview: Fugitive hid 40 years in plain sight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

AP Interview: Fugitive hid 40 years in plain sight

news.yahoo.com

The aging Frank Dryman, a notorious killer from Montana's past, had hidden in plain sight for so long that he forgot he was a wanted man.

In an exclusive jailhouse interview with The Associated Press, Dryman detailed how he invented a whole new life, with a new family, an Arizona wedding chapel business — and even volunteer work for local civic clubs.

"They just forgot about me," said Dryman, in his first interview since being caught and sent back to the prison he last left in the 1960s. "I was a prominent member of the community."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This 79 year old man served 20 years in prison then was paroled. His crime happened in 1951, where he shot another man giving him a ride 6 times in the back. The interview doesn't touch on the why really, but more exposes, IMO, what is wrong with parole.

We are taught that prison is America's most humane way to rehabilitate society's bad apples.

Then there is the parole system. In this case the parole system, "just forgot about me". Proving that they are ineffective. This man didn't need them to live according to ways that we are typically taught how to manage our lives.

Before anyone gets all uptight, remember that the death penalty is a very hotbutton issue, and we should look at this as a case of = reform is possible. People do change or they revert back to their old ways. Only two options there.

Give this man credit for turning it around. Shame on the parole system for locking him back up for the rest of his natural life.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dfens

MAN that was a close one. Im so relieved that the all seeing eye of justice got this horrible criminal off of our streets. I feel so much safer now that i dont have to look over my shoulder for a 79 year old man. I am also very PROUD that my hard earned tax dollars have been spent on this.

Breath easy folks. Another criminal bites the dust.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This is one of those very few times when the system makes a decision with no good outcome.

This man has proven that he is the example of a model citizen, given a second chance.

HOWEVER, he should have followed the law in the first place.

He deserves what he gets now, he's bitter about his circumstances, so he has never really repented his crime. I have pity for his family and friends, but none for him.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Even more so, the guy kept his nose clean for 40 years. He even brought in constant revenue for the state by performing marriages. His only problem was not complying with the parole board. Like hardcore criminals even care about that.

I'm not glorifying his acts, yet he did pay his due according to our manmade law. Serving his prison term, that is. Reminds me of the Jaycee Dugard case, but the exact opposite.

Well at least the victims family got their justice twice. Eye for an eye. Maybe they should have vigilanteed him. That would have been just and right.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
While the police spent 18 years trying to frame me and trying to destroy my life, every scum under the sun can do what they want in peace and quiet.

The police are loons, bunch of looney toons.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The prison system re teaches the bad apples? I guess that why they alllow inmates to become b**ches, sell drugs in thier, allowed to have gangs, and rape? iinc onfused over that comment. nothing agaisnt you, its my way of saying i t hink the prison system needs to be re designed, starting with the things i mentioned above. Just because they do shakedowns, dosnt stop ilelgal parafonelia form coming in, or forming posses within the walls,.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

This article from the Great Falls Tribune, MT, has a different version.

www.greatfallstribune.com...

He is only being sent back to prison with parole eligibility in 2015.

The victim, Clarence Pellett, was 59 at the time at the time of his murder on the side of the road. So who knows what the real story is. Only one living witness.

My entire point is that the prison and justice system is only in the business of keeping themselves in business. They do that with moves like this.

I could be wrong, but I still think that worse criminals live and prosper with no remorse, as opposed to a bitterness of being sent back to prison after 38 years of trying to atone for their crimes.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Sorry, to clarify better, rehabilitate as opposed to death penalty. I do think I mentioned that, though.

The prison system can be a tool for rehabilitation, or it can be a place to learn how to be all the things you mentioned. It depends on the person. Of course its all relative. Most people think its crime college. Some people are able to turn their lives around.

I think that the parole system is just another useless bureaucracy that are hugely ineffective in there job. My point is not about the guy killing another guy, its how you commit a crime and you can't escape. Now matter how virtuous you are. That was obviously a crime of passion and worse people, doing worse things, are regarded heroes by doing similar crimes, but not getting caught. Because people just don't know.

Anyways, I thought this is more of a tale of morality, as opposed to justice(vengeance).

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I disagree with those who say that just because he was a "model citizen" that justice is not being served here.

He sounds like an incredibly selfish and self centered individual, who has not spent much of his life at all in contemplation of others. Including the person whose life he took, and the family of that man who suffered that loss.

Getting old doesnt make you wise, as the killers comments clearly show. Perhaps spending the remaining years of his life in jail will give him a little time to reflect on the sort of person he is. And yes, is. Although at 79 he likely isnt a threat anymore, his attitude is still self centered to the extreme, just as it was when he was Valentine and Houston.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
There is nothing good about prison, you guys need to move past the idea that prison is positive in any way.

How could thousands of hardened criminals trapped together in the same room be good? It is a networking and recruiting ground for syndicates and crime bottom line. That includes the guards.

top topics

join