It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22 hogs in one night: You're DEAD if your enemy has this scope

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
You can have 20 people out on watch. This guys creeps in, with this scope, and its game over for your entire compound:

Game over.

ANY mag-fed rifle tuned to that scope would be your SHTF rifle!

[edit on 15-6-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I am all for hunting but this in my eyes seems a little over the top. And mind you I love guns and hunting. Maybe it is just me?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

They get paid by farmers to eliminate the "trespassing livestock" feral hogs. Hogs have no "rights". There is no "hog season". They aren't native. They're trespassing pests.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Yeah I'm the same..
Before they took away our guns here in Australia, I would go rabbit shooting with a .22 rifle, no scope. Thats hunting...

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I just read their website they are a game farm.
This is not cool and not sporting at all and anyone doing it should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Yeah. It's brutal, and that could be YOU.

Lesson learned.

Your enemy shows up at night with that scope, with your crew lacking any form of night vision, and you have no chance whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

I wasn't aware of that. My friend who came over and showed me it said they're paid by farmers to eliminate feral pests. Do you have a link?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Would a good IR detector be a good defense against this scope?

I haven't looked into how good detectors are in years...

I still wouldn't want to be watched through one of those
impressive device..

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

SAY what.
And what exactly does this have to do with killing pigs by the dozen for money at night with a thermal scope? What are you some kind of closet Rambo or something.

Growing up I had a friend that would shot birds just for the fun of it. He grew up tp be a very bad person. Kinda makes you wonder a little bit.

This is not sporting and should have no place in this country. I love hunting and shooting it is a sport this not is not a sport it is animal cruelty plain and simple. No matter how you try and spin it Rambo.

What if they were hunting dogs or horses in this manner would that make it different?

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Why does pork cost so much if farms are being overrun with all these pigs?

I have heard these wild hogs are delicious, by the way.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 30_seconds

These are not wild hogs they are raised just for Rambo's to go and kill by the dozen check out their website.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I wasn't aware of that. My friend who came over and showed me it said they're paid by farmers to eliminate feral pests. Do you have a link?

I went to their website check out the thermal links it will show you the ugly truth of this.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Yeah, some anti social looter, psychopath, or crack head, that had this could kill dozens of fellow Americans.

Best of all you can snipe innocent unarmed people that pose no threat without fear of detection. The ultimate cowards weapon.

So you think this is really good, huh ?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
It might be cruelty, but in the context that the situation is in, the pigs, if they are an unnatural invader of the area and are causing harm to people then they would be given the go ahead to shoot them, just like coyotes or certain birds or any critter that starts growing in numbers and encroaching on property..
I'm not saying I like it, but this has been going on for decades, wether its pigs or whatever...

Deer used to do this where I live, to peoples big gardens and what not, but not many people would shoot the deer... I don't think it was legally permitted..

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Does anyone even read the posts anymore. They are not feral pigs. This is a game farm. The light in the window was on but no one was home ?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Yeah, some anti social looter, psychopath, or crack head, that had this could kill dozens of fellow Americans.

Best of all you can snipe innocent unarmed people that pose no threat without fear of detection. The ultimate cowards weapon.

So you think this is really good, huh ?

The other side of that coin would be:
when the feds come to haul us all to the fema camps and those giant DUMBs then having one or 2 of these scopes ready to use might not be a bad idea...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

This isn't a hog slaughter activism thread.

If they're hired by farmers, then what can you say? I f you eat veggies, then escaped wild feral hogs are a threat to how cheap you can get them.

If not, and these people allow them to flourish, just to make 'catchy' youtube videos for their own enjoyment, then fine: start a 'hogs rights' activism thread. I'll bet just about every male child out there has shot something dead just to see if they could do it. The difference is how they react when it's over, and if they do it again.

Meanwhile, the purpose here is to show how screwed you are over one 'little' attachment your enemy might have over your head.

At least the good people in the Survival forums are responding. I posted a rare clip of a chicken FACTORY several months ago, from the 1970's, and got like 3 replies, in the forum you'd think people would care.

All I know is I saw this clip and felt powerless, when a moment before that I didn't.

There's a thread going on right now about the 'ultimate' SHTF rifle, with both informed and uninformed comments in it. I contend that any rifle fine tuned to this scope and you're either the victor or the victim.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
reply to post by alienreality

Does anyone even read the posts anymore. They are not feral pigs. This is a game farm. The light in the window was on but no one was home ?

Yeah I know that was mentioned that it was a game farm, I was talking about the right to protect your own property from damaging animals in general...

It being a game farm does make it feel pretty iffy...

I should have mentioned before that I was talking not about the pigs, but protecting ones property from encroaching animals..

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Dont get me wrong the reason I went and checked it out because I liked the scope that is what I believe it is about to you not the pigs but the video you posted was way over the top no offense.

And just to make it clear this is not feral pigs they are not helping the environment by culling a heard this is for sport. And I think this kind of sport is wrong.

I am for culling herds when needed but this is not that. You pay to hunt in a cage and kill as many as you paid for and they raise them just for that.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 30_seconds

Why does pork cost so much if farms are being overrun with all these pigs?

I have heard these wild hogs are delicious, by the way.

These are wild. I have a good friend who years ago would go on encouraged hog hunting sprees, by the land owners and then give them for free to the local Latino buffet. Too many to know what to do with.

For them to be actually marketable you have to TRAP them, and feed them grain for a month or so. The wild beasts are the healthiest (and MEANIST) you'd ever see the creatures, but they taste too gamie for the grocery store.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join