It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What toilet tissue is best in SHTF situation?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Stock up on TP and make some cloth wipes.. If SHTF, I'd only use the paper for #2, and use the cloth for #1. Of course you still would have to hand wash it, but that's would be pretty easy with the right set up.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

I read somewhere, though i don't know if it was 100% true, that in the 16./17. century some people even tried to use small cats and chickens

Okay, I can't even begin to articulate how disturbing that image is....I am literally laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes. Please, please tell me that's NOT true because it's just terrible, but for some reason it is also terribly funny.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
For the WOMEN READERS:

Someone brought up feminine products.. I know lots of women use the Diva Cup, and you can also invest in cloth pads. Google Mama Cloth and you'll get lots of results. I recently bought a supply on Etsy.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread, because I just logged in to reply to the kitten/baby chicken toilet paper comment, but before I log back out I'll mention that in the days of the "out-house" people used corn husks, corn cobs (I guess for the dooks that weren't a "clean break" if you know what I mean), newspaper, magazines and rags.
Personally, I would just try to do my bid'ness near some running water so it could be sorta like nature's "bidet".
There was this one time when I was in Jr. High, my friend & I were 4-wheelin' out in the N. LA Piney woods & she had to do some bid'ness with a capital "D" & she used a handful of green clover she grabbed from a patch nearby. Lawd have mercy, I am rolling on the floor....I haven't thought about that in YEARS.
Too funny, sorry if all that is just a little T.M.I.
Alright, I'm back to work...........

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I had a really funny pic I was gonna post, and I can't find the bloody thing now I need it!!! It was Entitled "Andrex Triple Ply...........Because sometimes your middle finger breaks through"

Actually, that reminds me, many years ago when I was in the army cadets, they tought us the army manual way of using the bog roll in the 24hr ration packs.

What you are "supposed" to do, is tear a small hole in the middle of the paper, careful not to throw away that little bit, put it in your shirt pocket for later use.

Take your poop in your little dugout toilet, and then when you are done, stick your middle finger through the hole, get in rattled in there and give it a good wiggle, clean as much of that brown sauce of your rectal regions as you possibly can, then using your other hand wrap the paper round and pull it off tightly, all going according to plan, clean bottom and clean finger.

Now remember that little left over bit in your shirt pocket? Well, you gotta get the leftovers from under your fingernail somehow......

I really don't know if thats true or not, sufficed to say I never tried that method, mummy always packed me a roll of double quilted.

[edit on 24/6/10 by woogleuk]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'll probably just keep wiping my ass with books written by Richard Dawkins after TSHTF.

either that or moss.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Arkady]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
What don't we understand about the # hits the fan? It is exactly that. Now get a fan and start wiping.....

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The Sun, The Daily Mail, The Mirror, The Daily Star, The Guardian, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Times, The Observer, etc etc, you get the picture, all they are good for, that and starting fires.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join