It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lack Of Participation In ATS Writing Forums

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

Why are there no writing threads?

I don't get it.

We are a wonderful community of writers. I understand that not a lot of people actually enjoy writing fiction or whatever it may be.

Those of us who do enjoy writing, I have to ask, why aren't you participating anymore?

Perhaps people are not informed that there are such forums available. I try posting something in it every couple of months or so, but there's never much of a response.

Is there something we could do to revitalize the writing forums? Let's have another writing contest or something.

Does anybody else feel really sad to see the Writing Forums so neglected?

I certainly am.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing.
Not many submissions..no new contests...
However, I fear perhaps maybe with the new site layout, perhaps our beloved forum will be phased out.
Please, Mark, Bill..tell me I'm wrong.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by AccessDenied]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
I was thinking the same thing.
Not many submissions..no new contests...
However, I fear perhaps maybe with the new site layout, perhaps our beloved forum will be phased out.
Please, Mark, bill..tell me I'm wrong.

JEBUS!

Don't even speak such horrible words!

A big attraction, at least for me were the writing forums.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I'm new-ish here, and I *love* to write. I did attempt to check out the writing forum but it seemed too "clannish" and I understood that I would have to ask permission, etc. "Too much trouble" was my impression so I turned away and haven't been back. [shrug]

link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Mere speculation on my part tttp.
I hope I'm wrong.

link   
I write but I have not been inspired as of late. I will probably write again on here. I write sci-fiction, sort of biazzare almost stephen kingish. I also write lesbian fiction and poetry. I had a really great idea that I actually told my girlfriend the whole story verbally but never wrote it down.
I will probably put down on here someday.
It has a lot to do with time shifts and a couple really biazzare twist. I think a lot of people don't get my writing. It is very deep, dark, sometimes political and has a indirect moral to the story.
I may be ahead of my time but people have told me I am pretty good.
I am weirdly selfish with my writings that is probably why I am not published. Lol. I like to share but only when I feel my writings are ready.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by dreamseeker]

[edit on 13-6-2010 by dreamseeker]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geeky_Bubbe
I'm new-ish here, and I *love* to write. I did attempt to check out the writing forum but it seemed too "clannish" and I understood that I would have to ask permission, etc. "Too much trouble" was my impression so I turned away and haven't been back. [shrug]

That's somewhat of the problem I think.

It's actually just U2U'ing a mod and getting the status as far as I know. I think you need 200 posts.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
We don't try to be "clannish"- everyone was new to the forum once.
would like a bit of perspective from Masqua though.
Calling you out buddy.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I am a very active Imagination and i would like to write a story but do i actually have to ask permission.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
We don't try to be "clannish"- everyone was new to the forum once.
would like a bit of perspective from Masqua though.
Calling you out buddy.

I hate doing it, but I'm definitely gonna follow you on the calling out Masqua lol

Or any other really...

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by True-seer

I am a very active Imagination and i would like to write a story but do i actually have to ask permission.

To get into the Writing Forums you need "Writter" status which you can see on my avatar.

All I had to do was ask Masqua.

I don't know what the actual "qualifications" are. I do know that the writing contests, everybody who submits gets writers status.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Ok i will look into it thanks for the reply.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I'm on this thread like a fly on cow-patties.

My perspective:

I'm a huge fan of the writing forums and click on just about everything posted, although I back off posting myself since doing so prevents me from moderating (not that I need to very much).

Some of the work that has gone into collaborative efforts are simply stunning and hugely underated/underead by the general membership here. If it was up to me, I'd be promoting some of them to Hollywood for potential movie scripts. They are that good, imho.

On the contests... I'll be starting them again. RL issues have put many things onto the back burner, including ATS. Hopefully, things will be sorted out.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Thanks Masqua!

I'm happy to hear that you still plan to do the contests, but RL is definitely first.

I agree about the collaborative threads as well, they are all very good, even the ones that didn't live on.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Thanks buddy...but does that mean tttp and I are cow patties?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I though afterwards that perhaps the old saw wasn't quite up to snuff.

No disrespect intended, of course... it's just my old farmways exposing itself.

keeper... yes, I will be doing contests again once the dust settles (or the cow patties dry). I not only changed residence, but now live in a different town. Moving and re-establishing everything from telephone to hydro can be a daunting task.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I love reading the writing forum and I would participate if I wasn't so critical of my own writing
I am the same way when it comes to making threads. I will have this great thread idea and start on it and delete it because I don't feel it's good enough. This is a personal problem when it comes to school as well. I try to make it "perfect" when most of the time it's just me and my own issues.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Is there something we could do to revitalize the writing forums? Let's have another writing contest or something.

Yes.

Post in them.

I've seen this drought happen before and I believe it's directly related to the intensity of what is happening in the world. Right now, the Fragile Earth forum is booming over the Gulf Oil Spill and much of our membership is trying very hard to understand the gravity of the situation and whether it is over/under rated. it's a huge issue with major consequences to a large proportion of the membership.

As things settle down (if ever), the creative juices start flowing again.

Honestly, I've found it hard to be creative the past couple of months. Not getting anything on a canvas at all.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I just created a thread in the writing forum, it was my first time(in the writing forum that is)

I think it's not very popular because not many people visit there. I only received 3 replies.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Honestly, I've found it hard to be creative the past couple of months. Not getting anything on a canvas at all.

I hear that.

The piece I put up was from my unpolished, unfinished novel. I figured maybe I would get some good responses/criticism that would help get the juice flowing as you say.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join