learn more

The Lack Of Participation In ATS Writing Forums

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
I sent a U2U to "worldwatcher" so that I could participate in the collaborative writing forum but I didn't get a response.

--airspoon

That happened to me awhile back...not sure if it was woldwatcher then...but I never heard back. I always wondered how people got those "writer" under their name. Seemed like a club I couldn't get into.

Maybe it's changed since then.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pamie

Originally posted by airspoon
I sent a U2U to "worldwatcher" so that I could participate in the collaborative writing forum but I didn't get a response.

--airspoon

That happened to me awhile back...not sure if it was woldwatcher then...but I never heard back. I always wondered how people got those "writer" under their name. Seemed like a club I couldn't get into.

Maybe it's changed since then.

U2U Masqua.

Worldwatcher doesn't get on much anymore as far as I know.

It isn't an exclusive club or anything, just some old rule they have that you need status to get in.

Only in the collaborative writting though.

In the Short Stories forum, anybody can post and that's usually how people get their writers status. That or writing contests.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
I love writing as many of us do, but when I look at the Writing Forum, I find that it is mainly of past experiences, inspirations (of real life) and apocalypses and such things...there probably are other topics hidden somewhere. I just haven't been able to fully flick through them all.

What I'm wondering is, I'm more of a fantasy writer (I think), not very good but still, can we post those!?

Yup, yes you can.

Anything goes so long as it's within the T&C. Writing forums are open to all topics.

I'm a fantasy writer and have collaborated in a couple of fantasy-esque threads.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Damn garden gnomes and the double posts...

~Keeper

[edit on 6/14/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

U2U Masqua.

Worldwatcher doesn't get on much anymore as far as I know.

Yes I u2u'd world as well and no response, but Masqua responded with quickness and I have my writer status.

Thanks again Masqua!

I hope others find the forum also, as I never knew the forum existed!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
YAY contests!

For those of you who may feel too shy, not like you have much to offer, too judgemental of yourself... I felt this way too. I had an awesome experience in the collaborative writing. I had to let my ego go, tap into those creative juices and just let it fly. It was an amazing process. I will still look over those writing from time to time and I feel good about my work. It had been so long since I'd written and I was very nervous. But it's not a clique and everyone I've met in the writing threads have been so warm and welcoming. I've made some deep freiendships through the experience and met some seriously cool peeps! And with ATS, it's there for always. It's published. Well, maybe I shouldn't have said that - don't wanna freak you out

As far as not receiving many replies to short stories and poems. It happens but I know a lot of people, including myself, really do read them and appreciate the efforts. In fact, I can say I *always* click on a short story or poem when I see it posted on the 'recent posts' link.

I love this part of ATS and hope to see it nurtured back to creative health.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thanks, will do

Originally posted by masqua
I've seen this drought happen before and I believe it's directly related to the intensity of what is happening in the world. Right now, the Fragile Earth forum is booming over the Gulf Oil Spill and much of our membership is trying very hard to understand the gravity of the situation and whether it is over/under rated. it's a huge issue with major consequences to a large proportion of the membership.

I've got an idea...why not make a competition based on the oil spill? It should get a lot of people writing?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Sorry guys, double post.

[edit on 15/6/2010 by BlackPoison94]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I've got an idea...why not make a competition based on the oil spill? It should get a lot of people writing?

You know... that's not a bad idea.

How would we set it up? A fictional story with a wide range of topics, as in global consequences to the entire planet all the way across to personal stories about individuals losing their livelihood?

No REALLY short stories, though, unless judges want to have to choose between hundreds of entries.

Which brings me to another point... we'd need volunteer judges from the membership who cannot enter the contest.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Fictional story from the perspective of something other than a human? Ranged across the spectrum from drama to comedy.

Anyway, just a thought.

*As a side note, I've been contemplating requesting Writer's status so that I could participate in the Collaborative Writing subjects... perhaps a future request will be headed your way!

[edit on 15-6-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Waa-hey! Had my Writer status today, so I shall comence writing a.s.a.p. with re-newed vigour.

Got some half-decent ideas too.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

You know... that's not a bad idea.

How would we set it up? A fictional story with a wide range of topics, as in global consequences to the entire planet all the way across to personal stories about individuals losing their livelihood?

No REALLY short stories, though, unless judges want to have to choose between hundreds of entries.

Which brings me to another point... we'd need volunteer judges from the membership who cannot enter the contest.

I'll be happy to judge this one Masqua.

Another contest to revigurate is great, so I'll be happy to sit this one out and vote.

I think it's a wonderful idea.

Perhaps we can make a character minimum?

Such as 2500? Or 5000?

It's easy enough to track with the counter at the bottom.

~Keeper

[edit on 6/15/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Waterworld. Remember the movie? Probably not. One of Costner's worst.

Isolation on the seas. Just throwing stuff against the wall and seeing what sticks.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Waterworld. Remember the movie? Probably not. One of Costner's worst.

Isolation on the seas. Just throwing stuff against the wall and seeing what sticks.

Worst?

Waterworld was a masterpiece
!

Ohh, wait..that was castaway...

WILSON!!!!!!

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I'll sit this one out too and judge. I'm not much of a prose writer anyway; much more comfortable with free verse.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Fictional story from the perspective of something other than a human?

Why not? The scope of the topic should be all inclusive.

...from drama to comedy.

That too.

*As a side note, I've been contemplating requesting Writer's status so that I could participate in the Collaborative Writing subjects... perhaps a future request will be headed your way!

I'll be looking for it. BTW... if you enter a story in the upcoming contest, you'd get the status anyways.

[edit on 15/6/10 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
On the judging:

reply to post by whaaa

Noted. When the contest starts, I'll be contacting you and those who sent U2U's as well.

Give me a day or two to set this up before posting the contest. Looks like a good plan so far. Does everyone agree to a fairly character high limit for submissions, only to keep 3-word stories and the like out of it?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I'm definetly up for that.

Also I think putting in a character minimum will help make the stories more thought out and overall will increase the quality.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Agreed. There have been complaints in the past, but we also do have contests for low character limits, like poetry.

A good short story NEEDS description and that takes words. There's a great checking tool for that.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by masqua

I'm definetly up for that.

Also I think putting in a character minimum will help make the stories more thought out and overall will increase the quality.

Agreed, but not so high as to be intimidating and discourage new people from entering.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join