It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lack Of Participation In ATS Writing Forums

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Come on now gal. Jump in the poetry deep end and swim wit us.

We is usually nekked tho! It's a poet thang....

[edit on 13-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Honestly, I've found it hard to be creative the past couple of months. Not getting anything on a canvas at all.

I have been saying I have designer's block instead of writer's block for school! I have been busy in Illustrator and all I can do is stare at the screen, which is unusual for me.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I'm a newbie too. I don't know the writting forum is. I do like to write. How do I get started?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by shapeshiftress

Just write in the Short Stories forum. It's available to all members and an excellent place to start.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Hello ATS,

Why are there no writing threads?

I don't get it.

We are a wonderful community of writers. I understand that not a lot of people actually enjoy writing fiction or whatever it may be.

Those of us who do enjoy writing, I have to ask, why aren't you participating anymore?

Perhaps people are not informed that there are such forums available. I try posting something in it every couple of months or so, but there's never much of a response.

Is there something we could do to revitalize the writing forums? Let's have another writing contest or something.

Does anybody else feel really sad to see the Writing Forums so neglected?

I certainly am.

~Keeper

You have my apologies for not participating as much as I used to. I am going through a nasty divorce and have other rl issues that draw me away from my creative pursuits - so much so - that I've stopped working on my novel and feel bad about that too.

I recently decided to become more active on ATS again and will gladly contribute to any collaborative efforts that appear and whatnot. But I too noticed they seem to be lacking as of late.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I did not know there was a writing forum..do you ahve a link? I amy drop in and say hello

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I've participated in a couple writing contests, it was fun.
I was just waiting for the next one to come along that suited my interests.
Haven't seen a contest for a while now.
Don't have the time to make one up, organize judges and all.
Hope they continue

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
When I first started contributing I had a little stock of stories that I'd written over a few years and posted those when I had the time.

I've written a few new ones since then, but I often get stuck for an idea. At the moment I've got a couple in mind but there are too many distractions and I don't feel like getting on with them.

It helps to be given a challenge. Asala had a great little thread on BTS. She'd list about a dozen words to include in a poem which could be on any subject - you just had to make sure to include all the words.

It didn't take too long to do and could be hilariously funny. But without that sort of incentive, I just don't feel as if I've got any poems in me. I used to write most of mine when I was miserable and I'm not too keen to start suffering again for my art

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I too have had a dry spell for months, only able to write when I'm upset.
I hate that.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I was just thinking along the same lines.

I'm getting ready to put fingers to keyboard and have a few fresh ideas. I agree we do have a great community of writers here at ATS. I have been swamped as of late with Work and other issues. Now is a great time to get out of my head and be creative.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'd love to see some more 'action' in the Collaboration Section.
It's a large part of the heart (my heart) on ATS!

Things are slow on the Space Opera (due to personal problems writers encountered) - but I hope with Luder back it gets revitalized.

Anyone else that wants to join - PLEASE DO! Just U2U someone in the Opera or join the Space Opera Working Thread to get started!

Thanks for the thread ToTheTenth!

peace

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Does anyone besides me see the irony of writing about not writing?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I agree with this thread, i recently wrote a short story entitled " My Post Apocalyptic Princess " but due to the lack of any kind of interest i havnt felt like writing anymore to post up. i have a very vivd imagination and enjoy writing, been keeping my jornal now for over 7 years. It would be good to see more of an interest taking place in the forum.

Just my two cents guys and gals
peace and love

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I read some of the storys often and find them intresting.
I think ive added only two to the short storys section, yet didnt want to flood it with story after story because I wanted to concentrate on the current events that are superabundant at this time.

Anyway, I think Ill put in part ''2'' of one of my storys later if nobody minds.

Looking forward to reading more.

~

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Hello keeper,

You know I haven't spent any time over in the writing forum ever.

Now I feel bad about that, being I do enjoy writing. I will have to stop by and expand my wings on ATS some more.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys.

As stated, part of the problem is that most new members do not know there is a writing forum.

Please contribute folks, short stories and the collaborations. I might start one soon, mulling over some ideas.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I love writing as many of us do, but when I look at the Writing Forum, I find that it is mainly of past experiences, inspirations (of real life) and apocalypses and such things...there probably are other topics hidden somewhere. I just haven't been able to fully flick through them all.

What I'm wondering is, I'm more of a fantasy writer (I think), not very good but still, can we post those!?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
There's plenty of gems in the archives. You are probably missing some excellent stuff. Jump into the Short Stories section and go back 5 years.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Thanks for the replies guys.

As stated, part of the problem is that most new members do not know there is a writing forum.

Please contribute folks, short stories and the collaborations. I might start one soon, mulling over some ideas.

~Keeper

Famous last words . . . I might.

I might . . . write.

I'm wound too tight, I don't feel right, there's nothing there, in my sight.

I might . . .write.

But if YOU write, and she writes, and he writes, . . and they,
Maybe I'll try a bite . . . and write . . . later today.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I sent a U2U to "worldwatcher" so that I could participate in the collaborative writing forum but I didn't get a response.

--airspoon

Edited to add: masqua responded quick and updated my status. I look forward to contributing to the CW and other writing forums. Thanks masqua!

[edit on 14-6-2010 by airspoon]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join