It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloody Sunday Inquiry to rule killings unlawful?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The Guardian Newspaper is claiming that the Bloody Sunday Inquiry will rule the killings as unlawful. Something that the people here have already known for years.

The inquiry findings, all 5000 pages of them, which has ridiculously taken 13 years and cost £191 million will finally be released on Tuesday.

It is expected to announce that the British army did indeed fire on innocent civilians in my city at a Civil Rights march 1972. The actions of the British soldiers that day spurred many infuriated catholics from around Northern Ireland into joining the IRA and has since been looked upon as a severe turning point in the conflict.

I hope this will start the proceedings for the British soldiers who fired on the unarmed people to be prosecuted for murder or manslaughter.

Here is a list of the victims who were murdered.

Some other images from that day:

The Derry Civil Rights Association banner covered in blood:

A local priest (later became bishop) waving a bloody hanky to the army so as not to be shot at whilst they carried the body of Jack Duddy (17) who died in their arms.

The people of my city, the families and friends of those murdered, and the many that were shot and lucky to have survived have waited 38 years for justice, hopefully they wont have to wait too much longer.

I hope they allow the truth to come out.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yes Bloody Sunday was a bad thing.

But peace in Northern Ireland won't continue unless people like you let go.

And that means letting go of this too.

The inquiry is a waste of taxpayers money.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

I doubt you would say that if a relative of yours was murdered on that day. Would you not want justice? no matter the length of time? would you not want the killer of your relative to be held accountable for his actions? if it was your father or grandfather who was murdered?

In my opinion the people of my city are damn right not to let this go.

This will be a step closer to peace if the truth comes out in the open, the people here have known the truth for years, and the British army admitting it will be one step closer to building lasting peace that is not built on lies.

edit to add: sorry mods i think i might have put this thread in the wrong forum,

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Lady_Tuatha]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Didn't it come out awhile back that
most of the bombings were done
by british inteligence
to provide a false flag reason
to keep the british thumb on the emerald Isle?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala
But peace in Northern Ireland won't continue unless people like you let go.

English microwave catholics in n ireland to do this, thats torture till this day. They are torturing people in london too.

The uk gov are the ones who are still running the massive vendettas.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Justice needs to be done.

These were innocent killings and they must pay.

They were still searching for the Nazi killers after 60 years so whats the difference?
Time might heal the pain but its doesnt wipe out the memories.

Makes my blood boil how my fellow country men were treated and killed in their own country by a foregin army.

www.youtube.com...

Tiocaidh ar la!!!

CX

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish Matador
Tiocaidh ar la!!!

Am i correct in thinking you mean that in the sense of "your day will come because those guilty of these murders will be brought to justice via the justice system"?

I only ask because i've heard that saying said many a time, however it was often meant with more sinister meaning behind it.

I understand why some would say they can't let the past go, but there are an awful lot who have, on both sides.

CX.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
So all the convicted murdering bastard terrorists, from both sides, who were released as part of the Good Friday agreement should be re-incarecerated in jail as well?
Because the families of the innocent victims of the bombings in Warrington, Manchester, Birmingham, London etc have just as much right to justice as do the families of the Bloody Sunday victims.

Of course the truth should be told.
I have absolutely no problem with that.
But if Northern Ireland is to continue shaking off the shackles of the past it must learn to forgive, but never forget the evilness that occured in it's past.

Oh, and no, the mainland bombings were not a false flag operaation.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I dont mean it in a sinister way but I write it in the hope that we will have a free country someday. It is an inspirational saying and goes alot deeper than a written explanation.

I am rational and mature enough to let the past go. But to forget, excuse or justify it ....NEVER. I am not talking about a few years of innocent killings..it has been hundreds of years. If we can get some of the murderers brought to justice then its better than nothing.

We are not to blame for the troubles of the past but by moving on from them does not mean they died in vain just to fill some page in a history book.

The essence of their deaths will never be forgotten

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Its just a pity the terrorist IRA scum who murdered near 3000 people have gotten a get out of jail card due to the peace process....and theres still ongoing republican bombing and murdering happening on the streets of Northern Ireland...some people just dont want to move on and grasp the peace that is at hand.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Coo

The "scum" you speak of were only fighting for their countrys freedom. Rather than the occupying "scum" who got paid a weekly wage with no real reason for being there.

The peace process worked for both sides. The peace you speak of "that is at hand" is fictional.

For real peace and a cessation in killing...there is only one solution and that is for the English to leave. I dont mean that comment in a rude manner. It is probably an idealistic viewoint but its really the only true solution.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

And whatabout the thousands of innocent people who died at the hands of those evil, murdering, terrorist bastards?

They weren't fighting for anything other than themselves and the power and control they had over their respective communities.

And you seem to conveniently forget that the self same soldiers that you castigate went to Northern Ireland at the request of The Catholic community in order to protect them.

Oh how you repaid them for that!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Reply to Freeborn:

Your use of words not only shows your rudeness but your post portrays your ignorance.

As stated in a previous post I am talking about hundreds of years history not 30 or 40.

Your impression and understanding of the conflict is flawed and one sided as expected. Your view that they were fighting for power over their respective communities is very small minded and portrays your total misunderstaning of the term"freedom fighters".

Did you learn your Irish history in a Harry Potter book??

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Irish Matador]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
No... there will be peace when the terrorist scum stop murdering and bombing in Northern Ireland .

Most of the republican terrorists have already signed up to the good friday agreement and that includes Northern Ireland citizens choosing their future within the UK .

Thankfully sectarian bigoted people like you who still support cold blooded murder are in the tiny minority.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Irish Matador

And whatabout the thousands of innocent people who died at the hands of those evil, murdering, terrorist bastards?

They weren't fighting for anything other than themselves and the power and control they had over their respective communities.

And you seem to conveniently forget that the self same soldiers that you castigate went to Northern Ireland at the request of The Catholic community in order to protect them.

Oh how you repaid them for that!

Hang on a second, the British army were 'supposedly' here to restore law and order on our streets, where does gunning down innocent civilians come into restoring law and order? How is that protection? They were supposed to be here for a short time to basically give the RUC a break, but no they stayed a good bit longer, abusing catholics, and in their disgusting behaviour towards normal people they unintentionally spurred hundreds on to join the IRA and to fight to get British biased murdering soldiers off our soil.

Normal men and women fed up fighting for rights via the peaceful route ( Civil Rights marchs where you could get shot by the British army/murderers ) catholics were fighting for adequate housing, votes, proper healthcare, jobs, all of which were readily available to the protestants. The Peaceful march on Bloody Sunday was calling for an end to internment, where catholics were being lifted from the streets, beaten and sent to jail without being told why or what the crime was they had supposedly committed.

If you seen troops from another nation in your city doing what the british troops did here, then I doubt you would still have the same viewpoint.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
British troops where in Northern Ireland ... part of the uk... get your facts right and stop making stupid statements which are totally false.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Coo

Please point out in any of my posts where I stated that I support" cold blooded murder"???

You dont have to write MY views for me.

The topic of the OP is EXACTLY about cold blooded murder!!

Your view that its just the Republicans murdering and bombing in Northern Ireland is laughable and shows your blinkered point of view.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
British troops where in Northern Ireland ... part of the uk... get your facts right and stop making stupid statements which are totally false.

Hmmm, why is it anyone in Northern Ireland can have an Irish Passport? because if you are Irish you have a right to an Irish passport, that means if you are born in Northern Ireland then you can have an Irish passport, but most Unionists here opt for having a british one, I could have both if I wanted.

And yes Northern Ireland is considered to be part of the United Kingdom by many, but that was the whole point of the war was it not? some diehard republicans like the breakaway factions of the IRA and INLA are still fighting against this in the hope that one day Ireland will be united again.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
what about the birmingham 6
released from life in prison because they were framed
by british police

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Your support for republican violence is of course support for cold blooded murder....95 percent of the people in NI have moved on and embraced the peace and accepted that Northern Ireland is part of the UK whilst a majority supports this.

Most of the victims (over 3000) where innocent civilians murdered by terrorists on both sides...most of these will never get justice but its time to move on and build a new Northern Ireland and leave the hatred in the past once and for all.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join