It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Leak + Evidence = Unfathomable Disaster ! Government Not Talking to Avoid MASS PANIC! The Earth

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vision2010
reply to post by 5senses

My apologies, my post was dismal. It saddens me greatly and its a reality i do not wish to face on any level.

We have all faced rough times in the past. What i should have stressed is FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND GOOD TIMES. Cherish them. Create them. Most of all pull together. I find myself going into the woods often now, seeking Mother Natures embrace. For while there are horrors on our world, we can still find beauty and grace. Peace my friends, and again, my apologies.

[edit on 6/21/2010 by Vision2010]

[edit on 6/21/2010 by Vision2010]

Spend as much time in nature as possible. It calms and grounds you, and raises you up. It is so important for all of us to make every attempt to rise out of the fear we are experiencing as a whole.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
You're right to want to go to the hills and make peace with people and tell your friends and family you love them. We don't know what the end result will be. This is an HORRENDOUS situation and my blood runs cold when I look at the live feed of our earths life blood gushing out. The more I learn about it the worse it gets. I'm personally praying for a miracle. What have we got to lose? Meanwhile, deep breaths and just keep on going...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
If the government is not talking to avoid mass panic, then why would NASA keep releasing photos like this:

Oil Slick in the Gulf of Mexico

That picture was enough to send a chill up my spine and to start panic in my head.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by invalidcookie

Hi, just want to let you know your link is not good.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
If the government is not talking to avoid mass panic, then why would NASA keep releasing photos like this:

Oil Slick in the Gulf of Mexico

That picture was enough to send a chill up my spine and to start panic in my head.

That makes me sick....

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Okay, new person here so try to be nice...
If I missed this mention in another thread, please excuse my ignorance.

First, I don't work for any company that has any inside knowledge, I'm justa person with "questions"..

I've read here for a long time, and decided to join this discussion (and officially join ATS), because I too am noticing some very odd things going on.

Today, I decided to watch the depth the the stationary ROV "Skandi ROV2" is at during various times during the day. Reason? First, BP has said that they attach the ROV that is monitoring the well head to the structure itself to keep it stable. As such, any "significant" change in depth may indicate that the sea floor itself may be rising or falling based on the pressure being released, and the resulting oil that is now leaking into various fissures may provide "lubrication" which then in fact may compromise the surrounding rock, causing the sea floor to rise as pressures below force themselves more and more to the surface, resulting from the oil forcing itself into more and more fissures in the rock. I feel that if the depth keeps going up, on the stationary ROV, this may be a precursor to the sea floor catastrophically failing.

All times are EST, and since I'm working, I don't get to watch it often.

6/22/2010 - 10:00 - Depth 4927
6/22/2010 - 15:00 - Depth 4926
6/22/2010 - 17:00 - Depth 4925.7

I have always loved earth sciences, and read a ton about volcanoes and calderas, and one of the signs for impending eruptions is when the surface(s) begin to rapidly (or slowly) expand.

Since they don't have any way to attach the usual GPS systems to the bottom in the required locations, keeping an eye on stationary ROV's and the depth that they register while they are around the well head, may be one of the few ways available to predict if/when a catastrophic event takes place.

Because if the start to register that they are at 4800 feet, I'd say that 100+ feet of expansion may be a "bad" thing.

Comments?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor001

Since they don't have any way to attach the usual GPS systems to the bottom in the required locations, keeping an eye on stationary ROV's and the depth that they register while they are around the well head, may be one of the few ways available to predict if/when a catastrophic event takes place.

Good observation, I think you're on to something. I posted a thread regarding changes like this, but it was regarding intermittent swaying back and forth of the BOP compared to background lights.

Just now the depth was reading 4925.8 (16:44 CDT). Also seeing a yellow plume of something coming up, didn't see that before.

I will be keeping an eye on the depth (if they keep the live feed on).

PS depth is 4925.9 at this time 16:49 CDT. Wow, if it keeps fluctuating I think it is not good.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Hey, I found this on another site and thought that it might add to the discussion.... not too sure what to make of it yet but it may add a different dimension to the discussion...

BP, Illusion of a false spill:

www.godlikeproductions.com...

What do you guys make of these ideas and info. I have not seen this yet on ATS. I have seen some people talking about the flames....

Also, have you checked Skandi ROV2 recently? Something really weird there right now, it is like the oil is on fire and the asphalt is oozing up and out of the hole, like one of those old "snake" fireworks you played with as a kid.

I am just saying... lots more to weed through in my mind. Read the whole thing including the links.

Thanks everyone,

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
"PS depth is 4925.9 at this time 16:49 CDT. Wow, if it keeps fluctuating I think it is not good."

Based on the pressures involved, and the fact that they may only be able to afix to a single source of contact to the structure, I'd guess that fluctuations within 12" would not be as significant, than say a fluctuation of 18 + or minus.

I just beat my head against the screen at myself, because we lost 60 days of data that could be used right now.

Note - At 06/22/2010 19:11 it's fluctuating between .6 and .7, just as a way of tracking this.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by matadoor001]

[edit on 22-6-2010 by matadoor001]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor001

Welcome to ATS!

I'd recommend that this information deserves its own thread.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
In 1979 a Mexican oil spill happened in the Gulf of Mexico, about the same size as the one now.
We're still here!

There have even been larger spills than this, during the first Iraq war for example.

Guess what?- we're still here!

Huge spills occur constantly in say Nigeria, but noone cares about that.

If this one werent so close to the US we wouldnt be seeing all the media coverage!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Its the Benzene and Methyl Hydrate that will be the main problems in the long term with birth defects ect.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

It's not a spill it's a leak..

It's the same size now, but it's still growing...

They don't know when/if they can stop it...

Nothing like this has ever happened on the planet in modern history...

Let them stop it, then you can tell everyone we will survive. =)

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
One additional note and observation.

Taking notes from other "earth sciences" experts, it would be great if all of us would check the ROV that is stationary at the well, and post a short report on the date/time, the ROV being used (since instruments may have slight variations from one to another), and the current depth reading. Say in 2 hour blocks.

I'll let the admins decide if they want to use ATS's valuable server space for this experiment.

Can anyone make out if the other readings are important other that azimuth and course? My monitor is having a hard time reading what they say.

If we track this data over a period of days/weeks, and any trends begin to appear, then as they say, the data speaks for itself..

Had we started this at the beginning, who knows the conclusions we could be looking at 60~ish days later.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh

It's not a spill it's a leak..

It's the same size now, but it's still growing...

They don't know when/if they can stop it...

Nothing like this has ever happened on the planet in modern history...

Let them stop it, then you can tell everyone we will survive. =)

# happens all the time on our planet, and we always pull through.

I refuse to buy into all this negativity and the sky is falling bull#.

What will happen will happen regardless if you all make yourselves sick with worry over it.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
To HunkaHunka

Sorry, too new to start a new thread according to the system here at ATS.

Could you please start one and post the link here?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
To lifecitizen

Agreed that what will happen, will happen. But, I have friends/family living all across the gulf coast and Florida (as do many here most likely), and tracking this data may be able to save their lives. Even though BP has "experts" watching things, they may not see the trends that we may find.

That, is real science, something that each of us can participate in, instead of finding UFO pics to see if they are real..

Of course, my version of humor, and no real offense is intended..

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I'm keeping an eye on this so that I can warn my brother on the coast, to go pick up my elderly breathing-impaired mother and get out of dodge. And warn my other friends who are vacationing on the coast etc.

Not worrying, but being vigilant. Trying to make the best of the information given to me, sorting out the trash from the righteous. Not hiding my head in the sand, and trying not to be chicken little at the same time. It's hard.

So be it.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It's not so much Mass Panic. It's more like Mass Revolt, and wanting to hang those who are in charge.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join