It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am sorry to report well is crippled down hole very long read

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by switching yard
Question for JBL...

If the well casing below the sea floor still has structural integrity and the geology of the sub-floor is stronger than feared and the floor is not in imminent danger of collapse, would the following idea for a giant, massive compress have a chance to at least temporarily slow the leakage? I have posted this idea to a couple of threads only to be answered with ridicule. The idea is simply based on the logic that massive top down pressure (exceeding upward flow rate pressure) combined with a wide area seal might 'cap' this leak at least temporarily.

Here is the idea for a 'compress on the leaking wound'...

A similar idea was sent in to BBC News the other day for expert analysis. That idea was to simply dump huge amounts of heavy boulders, rocks and sand to develop an undersea 'mountain' over the leak. The petroleum engineer expert commenting for BBC News said that in theory it might work as far as downward pressure overcoming upward flow pressure, but the expert said this solution can be ruled out because the upward oil flow would escape between the gaps in the rocks. With my idea (above) seals are created so that the downward pressure on the problem area and seals captured in a large structure would not allow the flow to escape.

Am I being naive and why?

JBL, please give a scientific response, what do you think?

I think it will work. It is a brute force approach. Such brute force approaches should always be used rather than precision approaches.

It is a "keep it simple, stupid" approach. The trouble is all those "corporate" type engineers and scientists who only know the traditional wisdom approaches. They are mindless “go to meetings engineers” who are not creative inventors.

Your approach should be tried NOW!!!

[edit on 13-6-2010 by etcorngods]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

I started reading here and had a thought about the whole thing collapsing and all the oil went into the ocean. Then as i read thru i read about your dream you said you had. I thought i was just the only one thinking that. I believe that this is a mental warning. PEACE.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by nite owl]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Wow just wow! So because of greed we have been on oil for over a hundred years when there are a number of clean sustainable energy technologies we could have converted to long ago and now we are facing the worst man made eco disaster in known history because of these corporate greed moguls... Big Sigh!

I don't understand why we are not implementing the proven clean up now! These microbes need to start eating the oil now. I don't know if they can get ahead and stay ahead of the oil or not but they need to be utilized yesterday since we can't stop the oil from flowing we at least need to start eating it up as much as possible! This whole thing really makes me angry!

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 13-6-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

OH MY GOD, this person is not a scientist. DOES he work for BP? NO, definately not. Big wigs thought the titanic woulden't sink either.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I really love the microbes solution. UNFORTUNATELY, we have to stop the leak first. PEACE.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
reply to post by hawkiye

I really love the microbes solution. UNFORTUNATELY, we have to stop the leak first. PEACE.
You think all of our efforts would be focused first on doing that. I don't think the government wants the oil well to be plugged anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Greetings Sorry reporters,(11:11)

Am I not reading you right('
') but you are saying(great work by the way) this oil thing is Biblical in a 1/3 of proportions and I can save money this year by not having to buy any stupid made in China gifts('
')and... and... just buy Frankincense and Myrrh and hold the AU-79 rather have the food rich man('
').

Is there some way we can change Oil into wine?... But that depends on whats in the Oil mix brew that they are now going to sell on the open market (greedy bass-terds profiting from blood oil('
') but its just buSINess right?) that now gets put into gas tanks then burns into the fresh air... take a deep breath of death world('
')

So... can I stop paying my bills now? or just stay in a Void and have a Mother-ship of a beer and chill('
')

I still bet the Nephilim or Cern did it but I'm just a crazy UFO wing nut('
')

Maybe this was really done 13,000 years ago and they drilled all the way to Egypt(you thought in an iflash was going to say China('
') maybe we should be all in and drill deeper baby... O that feels Good('
') just like the North K torpedo that was stuck in a time bubble from the first war and it Dr Whooed?... but this could all have a silver lining in our Grid... but the water mite get choppy so put your life preservers('
')

So if the magnetic gulf collapsed would we SEE Atlantis again and id Nevada the New Malibu('
')

Maybe this Guy can help since he knows how life started as he says below?

"You need enzymes to make ATP, and you need ATP to make enzymes," said researcher Terence Kee of the University of Leeds in England. "The question is: Where did energy come from before either of these two things existed? We think that the answer may lie in simple molecules, such as pyrophosphate, which is chemically very similar to ATP, but has the potential to transfer energy without enzymes."

The chemical's obscurity on Earth is not a sign of its irrelevance. It's highly unstable in today's oxygen-rich environment (meaning it breaks down into other molecules rapidly) but is a superior catalyst (jump-starter) for certain chemical reactions, Kee said, citing as-yet-unpublished evidence.

But is there enough Oxygen going to be left on this Bio-ship?

SHIFT/HAPPENS™

Mr X('
')

Out-of-this-world-protection Disclosure Project;
This is all for conspiracy entertainment purposes only and not to be taken as fact from from a Real-Stinker who probably has a hyper active quantum string imagination and lives in a basement unemployed with a big wiser-belly, so please consult with your Religious leader of what ever you worship before taking any of this Seriously and use your own discretion in faith and judgment of the words... but who knows?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
nevermind

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Wow you know if there is a collapse of the sea floor and all that oil dose pour out, I hope tptb have a contingency plan to stop it spreadding out of the gulf..

They will need to build some sort of barricade between Havana and Miami and and Cancun and the Cuba mainland if they want to save the rest of earths oceans.

Problem is, how fast could this be done...? Not fast enough to beat the gulf sstreames I would bet...

Looks like we're all screwed on this one.. Hope BP realises that they will be totally finished if this happens. Hope they hang from the highest yardarm in rusty metal cages....

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

Did you read the OP? There is a good chance here we can't stop the leak. Why would we need to stop the leak before using the microbes? We need to use them NOW because if we can't stop the leak they are our only hope. There is a good chance they can mitigate much of the oil if not all of it "as it leaks out" especially if we have to just let it all leak out.

There is no reason why we can't be using them while the oil is still leaking.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

reply to post by etcorngods

OH MY GOD, this person is not a scientist. DOES he work for BP? NO, definately not. Big wigs thought the titanic woulden't sink either.

I am a scientist -- have been granted many patents. Invented the first Display Text Editor -- predecessor to the Personal Computer. Was a founder of the first multiple-micro processor super computer company.

Big wigs at all the big office equipment companies thought people should type on paper - like IBM. Once the display devices were on the market, within a short time people used nothing else.

The approach of piling junk on the leak should be used -- it is the approach of an inventor. It will work.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
OP plagiarized material word for word and did not give credit to original source.
www.theoildrum.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd1203af4b08.jpg[/atsimg]

The OP gave credit several times in this thread. Including in a response to someone indicating he was not the author of this work and merely trying to get out this info. I also think he place a link to the source....at least that's how I got to it.

I don't know the total policy but he seem to have followed the rules or at least intended to.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well to pull out a bit of information you supplied, yeah interestingly enough, i think we're seeing the rest of the BOP disaster happen, i think the Oil Rig and the Blown out BOP were just parts of a full set of Domino's that haven't completely fallen yet.

I'd expected the whole contraption to be deemed condemned anyway after the catastrophic destruction of the Oil Rig.

What's left is a crippled and OBVIOUSLY not functioning BOP part of the remaining Oil Rig...

Hmm... What defies logic to me is that fact that in the drawing room, they never considered a catastrophic total Rig failure? Or at least a way to shut off a damaged well???
I mean that's kind of like saying well we've to this date never seen anyone get thrown out of a car, so lets just continue to save time and money on these cars and not put in any locking doors or seat belts...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Um...if you read the second post after the long expose, you'll see he did give credit, not to mention links to the original article website (which since it is a forum can change suddenly, but a quick search can help that). Also he or she gave a perfectly reasonable reason as to why it was posted in this manner. An article of this magnitude is like Pac-Man to bandwidth and some sites may not have the bandwidth necessary to handle it. If you have a problem with the OP please address them after reading everything.

Awesome information and thank you for bringing it over here. Even though my undergrad department was rife with petroleum geologists, I never was able to talk to them too much so I've learned a great deal in just one post. S&F to you for bringing it here, and if dougr ever joins ATS S&F for him as well for making this.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
S&F OP for finding and sharing this with us (not plagarizing as the inattentive here seem to think).

This is the only line of thought I have seen that explains the swaying of the riser I have observed a few times of late.

Regarding the microbes, seems I read somewhere that the concern is because there is SO MUCH oil to consume, the microbes would grow so quickly that it would reduce the oxygen in the water.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Scalded Frog

I've heard the exact thing, and I think it would be right. We would need to put some oxygen generators down there in order to try to offset the oxygen depletion we'd cause via that method.

Now if we were to find an organism that (I keep fumbling for the word...way too long since I took biology) didn't use oxygen in its chemical mechanisms then it would likely work better.

The overall problem I have with this spill as far as how its been handled is that it is being covered in the MSM as a "side show event" almost. You can almost tell there are unspoken words when the anchor starts talking about it like they want to say "In other news...we're screwed, but I can't tell you that."

Something I got curious about is if this puppy does release, how would it contaminate the air? If it were during the summer it would be horrific since most of the moisture for everything east of the Rockies comes from the Gulf. During the winter it wouldn't be that bad since it would rain out more over the ocean since the air mass flow is down through Canada. I suppose that is a problem for an atmospheric scientist, not a petrologist.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

Thank you for compiling all this info - good for future reference.

The only possible solution I see is Relief Wells

Has the floor fractured too deep for relief wells to work?

On a side note - I believe BP is simply making a money decision on spraying dispersant at the BOP. Much less expense compared to cleanup.

I think Corexit increases the overall damage to man and wildlife. When will BP stop spraying Corexit and what will be their reason???

I wonder how many gulf residence want BP to continue spraying Corexit. If the oil were allowed to wash up on beaches it would continue so long that it would seem useless to try to clean it up.

edit to add the high resolution image of the reli ef wells

[edit on 13-6-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Yes, the opening post help clarify quite a few things,

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Good post. I hope this gets the point across about the volatility of the seabed surrounding the rig site. I had figured there would have been some type of collateral damage to the pipe at unknown depths when an oil rig and a mile of pipe were bearing down on it before it broke away.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
All but the last of these are "op ed" articles written by a geologist who has done this type of work on high pressure rigs. He is saying that the media is not at all asking the right questions and are explaining this to the public on an elementary school level. It's insulting. Meanwhile, BP and the government are wasting time trying solutions that, according to this geologist, are guaranteed to fail. I am starting to wonder if BP is either incompetent beyond belief, or if they know that there is nothing they can do to stop this now and are just monkeying around for the cameras to make it look like they are doing something. They know it's game over for them and possibly for the entire oil industry as well.

There is a theory floating around: This disaster is now so bad that the elites realize the jig is finally up for big oil. They milked this cash cow for all its worth. This is now a global ecological catastrophe of nightmarish proportions, that if not contained, might be the final nail in our coffin. Who knows how much oil is down there. Enough to pollute all the oceans? If this gusher is ever finally plugged, and the oil is cleaned up (and if we all don't die), then maybe the plan now is to use this event to bring about the end of our dependence on oil once and for all. It is well known that Tesla invented FREE ENERGY. The big secret (supposedly) is that the technology exists for everyone to have free energy in their homes by using an affordable device that taps into the earth's energy. Free energy could be the next global economic boom, but I digress. The problem is that we have this antiquated oil-based economy because oil is a HUGE money-maker and those with the power and influence holding the big bucks have suppressed free energy technology because there is virtually no profit for them in free energy. Thus, to bring about free energy technology, we must globally kick the oil industry to the curb. A global oil catastrophe like this one could be humanity's wake up call to get us off oil once and for all. Unfortunately (thanks to the big oil elites), the price we are going to pay to get free energy is the killing of the Gulf of Mexico and quite possibly the rest of the world's oceans as well. Hopefully we will overcome this nightmare and wake up to clean and free energy. But if the oceans die, who will be around to use free energy? Folks, we need a miracle from God or an intervention from ET.

B.P, Halliburton and Transocean have unleashed Armageddon and now there is no stopping it.
www.opednews.com...

B.P. SHOW US THE MUDLOGS! By geologist, Chris Landau
www.opednews.com...

Atomic Bomb proposal for Gulf of Mexico blow out well a very bad idea for many reasons - by Geologist Chris Landau
www.opednews.com...

BP's directional well solution is designed for failure. Is that what they want? If so, why?
www.opednews.com...

How to Solve and Understand the Oil Blowout in The Gulf Of Mexico
www.opednews.com...

BP official admits to damage BENEATH THE SEA FLOOR
www.washingtonsblog.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join