It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you pass time when you're not on ATS???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm not asking that you tell me your name, your employer, your address, etc.

No specifics please.

I am just curious as to how you pass time when you're not on ATS???

I'll start. I'm a 27-year-old married lady on Kentucky. I work in billing and insurance for a doctor's office. No kids yet. I sleep, work, and visit ATS

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I am an (alomost) 30 yr old guy, by myself,
who works (and often volunteers) at the Observatory.
No kids, wives, ex wives, etc.

When Im not on ATS,
I am either staring through a telescope,
collimating telescopes,
teaching others how to do the same..
or hiking in the forests.
I often just sit with a good book also. (no fiction)
oh, and i garden and meditate often.
I play around with graphics programs a bit also.
Making logos for the Obs, or different events.
Or just creating what is in my head.

That is about it, I am rather "lame" by todays 'standards'. lol

Nice to meet you.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Ahmose]

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I'm retired, so apart from ATS, gardening, cooking, sewing with a sewing machine, watching TV (Not sport, or 'family' shows, very little news) cleaning,
reading or watching sci-fi, also reading history and 'life skills', I bicycle to most places, or get a car lift if its really too far for a bike', 'stockpiling' usually free stuff for the garden or home, compost, lumber, etc.
Always on the lookout for cheap storable food, there is an open air market here once a week, halved my food bill.
A tip for bulk food storage in an outhouse, buy the really big steel army ammunition containers, like the ones for rocket rounds or artillery shells, ideal to keep rats/mice out, heavy, but strong.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
You mean there is other things to do besides ATS?????

Welcome.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well, by reading some of the threads and posts here, I think a large percentage are playing Xbox in their mom's basement while eating cheetoes and wearing a thong.

But that's just one man's opinion.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Cheers BSG; welcome.

Read sleep and work. And do logic puzzles and drink coffee. And attempt to bake the perfect biscuit.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'm 31 and female
I am either at the book store reading up on ATS topics or doing HW. I am usually always on ATS all day. I always have a tap open and check the recent posts often throughout the day. I have no life lol

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I work in (snip) and do voluntary work at (snip) and when I am not doing either of that I am either down at the gym bursting a muscle group or three or I am meditating very successfully somewhere dark and silent.

Sometimes I take to the highlands or I go out in a kayak but that unfortunately is rare as I have a very needy dog and we are pretty much inseparable as one thing I can trust a dog to be is a dog.

I am 43, I am former military (infantry and then communications), I am an Aquarius and I have an AB negative blood group so if in doubt just bow if you see me regally entering a room.

I am married with two daughters, one aged 14 the other aged 20.

Also my Scottish clan motto is 'S'rioghal mo dhream' which translates as “royal is my blood”.

I was joking about the bow by the way – you car keys will suffice

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hi! I'm a 52 year old female who enjoys making jewelry and being craetive. Wait...I feel like I'm on an online dating site or something.
I love being out in nature, caring for my hubby, cat, 2 adult crested geckos and one hatchling gecko, plus a turtle. Love to read and write, mostly sci/fi fantasy. I garden, and have flowers and herbs. Collect dragons etc.Um...but mainly I live here.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BattleStarGal

>>>'How do you pass time when you're not on ATS'

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Herro!

I'm 21 and living in Australia's capital, Canberra. I just finished my apprenticeship and am now a qualified Glazier, which keeps me busy. I enjoy Kayaking down a calm flowing river. Jogging with my Malamute, Eska. Exploring caves and offroading into the mountains. Many nights are spent with my telescope observing the stars and looking for that pesky Nibiru (Jokes
) I've recently gotten into remote controlled cars which is costing me too much
...After work I like to come home and read up on ATS and leave the television OFF

Good thread

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well,when I am not allowed on the computer to post on ATS,I am usually sitting in my room plotting my escape from this institution the judge sent me to.

Just kidding.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Writing stoopid songs.
www.myspace.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I work, Workout, Spend time with family and recently I'm trying to get to know a certain Lady better.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
different type of thread!
I'm 31, ex military(R.N),married with a lovely daughter (another due in about 7 1/2 months) FLT driver working 6-2 so get home nice and early. read a lot(even in work i listen to audiobooks). at the momoent I'm trying to find the discipline i used to have in order to get myself back in shape.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I work out of my home, so my hours are flexible, which explains how you never can predict when I might post something. I'm 44 and when I'm not obsessing about the unseen world I contemplate the perfect Warhammer 40,000 Ork army list, chase my cats around (They need the exercise, and frankly, so do I.
) I've noticed that since I discovered ATS, the amount of time I spend watching TV has plummeted. However, I do watch a lot of videos on Youtube, mostly Coast to Coast AM (No watching really required there, just listening.) and Project Camelot. (I know, just simmer down out there!) I really need to get out more, but I'm just not a people-person.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
There's a world outside of ATS?

I'm 26, semi-employed, former teacher, and a free-lance musician, YouTube video show writer, freelance composer/arranger, and I am working on my first fiction novel. I work for a theater company in my area during the summers as a Senior Stage Tech. I spend a lot of time outdoors, whether it's meditating, or just walking with my dog. I'm not married, have no kids (other than my dog), and have been single for about a year. I also play the occasional video game.

That's about it though. A lot of my free time is spent on ATS, and I enjoy it.

Oh, and I'm a Capricorn and enjoy long walks on the beach....

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Yardwork, housework, and video games. Those are my leisure activities. Oh, and I like beer.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I am 18 and I live at St. Augustine Beach, FL. I currently attend college online for Political Science (major) and Philosophy (minor). I started college at 16. I work with a friend through his store, I catch the fish and he sells them and we split the profits.

I live in an apartment with two very sexy girl(friends)
. When I'm not on ATS I am going to the movies, watching the news, doing college work, researching ATS things online, fishing, swimming and watching the stars.

[edit on 6/12/2010 by Misoir]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Well, mid-40s, ex-mil, ex-DOE, live in Florida, we co-own the business so I sort of work for myself. We do about half and half government contracting and civilian work. The military side does shady stuff so we have a small SCIF.

A lot of the time when you see me on ATS I'm running something that's taking time at work, like a simulation or a route, or I need a break.

At home, I have two kids, one now a teen (my god) and a crazy sweet wife, whom I don't see half enough. At the moment I spend about half my time at a customer's site, so you'll see me post for a week and then go dark for 6-8 days, with some tiny blips here and there where I can get a wifi link out the window (not allowed to ATS from the site). Hopefully that will end soon.

I don't play video games, don't watch much TV, we do a lot of outdoorsy type stuff, po'd the neighbors by teaching their kid to rappel one summer. I can tie knots and jump out of perfectly good airplanes. You can find me occasionally at the FloraBama.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join