It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

confirmed ! Russian and Japan War Ships Coming to SF

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Can you find any news reports or anything like that Camaro? I've looked and cant find anything supporting. The conclusion ive come to is that after they had all those base closures, they dont hang around anymore.

"Fast-forward to 2000. Base closures in 1991, 1993, and 1995 have closed nearly every military installation in the Bay Area. The Presidio has been annexed into the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. The carrier piers at Alameda are empty except for one vintage carrier (USS Hornet). The steelworker's torch at Mare Island has been turned off. The P-3 squadrons from Moffett Field are gone. "

REF - www.globalsecurity.org...

It really looks like they are only here for fleet week because of all of the base closures. I don't think they are banned from the bay, I think they just dont have any more operating facilities here anymore, which would explain their lack of presence.

Anyone else able to find anything about the Navy being "banned" from the bay?

~Druidae

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Druidae]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Are some of you seriously insinuating that a single Russian ship is going to be the downfall of the United States?

Good grief, are you all still living in Cold War paranoia? A single ship, regardless of whether or not it can carry nuclear weapons, is not a danger. Do you really think they wouldn't check it before it arrives to make sure it's safe? Do you think that Russia wants to be responsible for a war crime and international incident that would ruin its reputation with the rest of the world for a long time?

I checked its statistics and the ship has an average crew of 480 members. Are 480 sailors supposed to take over the entire United States? Did they hide a magical portal inside the ship's wardrobe so they can summon an army to their aid?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Quinctilius Varus

Agreed Quint! What makes me laugh, is the Russian president is in town for a bunch of meetings in Sillicon Valley . I still say that this would be the LEAST likely time we would be attacked by Russia. I'll say it again... Nothing to see here folks, move along!

~Druidae

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
You guys seem to forget that it was not all that long ago (early 1990s) when the a Japanese "Maritime Self Defense Force" ship was allowed to make a port call at Pearl Harbor (the first time that active duty Japanese military personnel set foot in Pearl Harbor since 1941) and boy was there alot of outcry. The admiral commanding the Pearl Harbor Naval Station refused to render honors to the Japanese ship's captain as per tradition.

It should also be noted that the Japs failed to render a salute to the USS Arizona memorial as is tradition for every warship of any country that visits Pearl Harbor.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
You guys seem to forget that it was not all that long ago (early 1990s) when the a Japanese "Maritime Self Defense Force" ship was allowed to make a port call at Pearl Harbor (the first time that active duty Japanese military personnel set foot in Pearl Harbor since 1941) and boy was there alot of outcry. The admiral commanding the Pearl Harbor Naval Station refused to render honors to the Japanese ship's captain as per tradition.

It should also be noted that the Japs failed to render a salute to the USS Arizona memorial as is tradition for every warship of any country that visits Pearl Harbor.

Can you source any of this?

you may want to read this link as well.

www.navy.mil...

Also, Toyota just invested $50 million bucks in a bay area company, Tesla Motors, which helped open back up the NUMI auto plant, which was closed a little over a year ago.

And with Medvedev here in Sillicon Valley -

www.npr.org...

learning how to tweet?! LOL. What a dangerous man he is at this very moment!

"TechCrunch provides a rough translation from the Russian: "Hello everyone, I'm now on Twitter and this is my first message." (Since then, @KremlinRussia has accrued more than 24,000 followers, decided to follow @BarackObama and @whitehouse, and tweeted 13 more times.)"

Honestly, use your head.. If anything, they are helping put Americans back to work. They are doing more than El Presidente NObama has done to put Americans back to work. Instead of just throwing money at the problem, they are investing in America. You should be thanking them, not using racial slurs (yes calling someone who is Japanese a Jap is a slur).

It's not what you heard.. It's what the FACTS are.

~Druidae

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231

Man if i was there and i seen the japs not salute i whould be starting a brawl the moment they stepped off that ship! I've visited the sit twice. Very moving.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Man oh Man. How tricky that Medvedev is! The Russians plan is to raise Obama's Cholesterol levels. Obama better be ready to duck JUST IN CASE Medvedev decides to poke him in the eye with one of those french fries they are SHARING an order of.
~Druidae

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Why is it all at one time we are having all these reports of foreign troops and war ships landing and docking in us ports and bases. whats going on. what are they getting ready for?

Wait till the reports of the Iranian death stars hovering over DC, NY, and LA start to surface. Boy, you'll be in for a shock.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join