It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troop, F.E.M.A., D.H.S Movement Thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Nothing much to add...but I saw at least 50 new vehicles added to our National Guard inventory today!

They kind of looked like something you would see roaming the tundra...except they were camouflage...and sort of a train kind of assembly...don't know what they were exactly!

Just odd for our small town...and certainly not the type of equipment I would expect to be used in this area!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Item

Substantial Air Superiorty build up in Middle East, F-22s and F-15s
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by SrWingCommander
started on 5/11/2012 @ 06:03 PM

Originally posted by SrWingCommander
www.wired.com...

While I have known about F-22s deployed to the Gulf region, the article also states that 20 F-15s from the Mass. Air National Guard's 104th wing are at an undisclosed base in the region. On top of that the active duty 18th Wing, home based in Japan (guess they aren't worried about N,Korea?) have also deployed; the 18th's aircraft have been updated with new radar.

This is the first substantial air superiority deployment to the gulf since the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Most combat deployments of the USAF in the region have been attack aircraft and bombers to attack targets on the ground. It now appears they are prepared to fight in the air....which means Iran.....

Throw the aircraft carriers' aircraft in, and all the other deployments it is seriously looking like someone expects something to happen. We have moved alot of hardware (which means spent money) around the area.

I don't worry to much when they Navy moves around, they are designed to do that. But when home based USAF or US Army troops start moving, I start to wonder.
edit on 11-5-2012 by SrWingCommander because: grammer, content

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Item

Military Movement - Watching the Watchers
by Nietrick
started on 5/14/2012 @ 10:34 PM

Originally posted by Nietrick
I live in the flight corridor between Grissom AFB and Chicago, with the 122nd National Guard base nearby, so when there's military movement in the area, I hear and see it overhead. In the last month or two I've noticed an increase in military flights in the area. In fact, this is the most movement I've seen/heard since the beginning of the Iraq War and the Surge. While what I've been seeing isn't anywhere near that level, it IS an uptick. Since it's mostly helicopters and a few jets, I've been wondering if it has to do with the craziness in Chicago because of NATO or if this is happening all over.

So gather 'round the table fellow ATSers! This is the place to discuss what you're seeing as far as military movements are concerned. Maybe if we share info, we can get a sense of what's coming and be better prepared. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
this_is_who_we_are was kind enough to point me over here when I started a similar thread yesterday. In the spirit of community, I'll put my latest observations in this thread instead of my own.

Another helicopter flew over my house today. It's getting to be a daily thing, which, for someone who lives in a really rural area, is odd. Also, going over this thread I remembered something strange I saw a month or so back. I'll throw it out to you all to see if someone can elaborate on what it was.

My small town has an industrial trailer factory. They make trailers (think mobile homes) used as mobile offices and add-on classrooms for schools. I noticed a while back that they have an area in front of the building with stacks of what look to be hollow trailers with a door hole and one window hole, painted camo along the back and like a damaged stucco building in front. They looked like the kind of thing used for training or for paintball. There must have been a hundred or more of them. I thought it was unusual, but nothing to get excited about. Until helicopters and jets started flying over my house. Now....I don't know. That this trailer factory is right next to the train tracks may or may not be in play.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Item

American troop movements in the UK some thing going on
by dwarfflex
started on 7/12/2012 @ 08:55 PM

Originally posted by dwarfflex
some thing is going on. ? i had a lady share this with me today, i find what she shared interesting .

I live in Norfolk England between 3 airbases. I know this sounds crazy but I know the sounds from the bases when they are practicing with weapons and stuff. But lately I've seen a lot of trucks full of troops with ammo crates etc. this is not normal activity. Also of a nightime there's been odd noises and yet they are not planes or choppers they aren't thunder either? It sounds very deep and it grumbles. Do you think this is kind of weird? I lived here 13 years and I never heard nothin like thius before. And its also after midnight every time
edit on 12-7-2012 by dwarfflex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Item

Civil War? Updated DHS purchase list.. 856 MILLION rounds of ammo..
by pravdaseeker
started on 7/16/2012 @ 10:48 PM

Originally posted by pravdaseeker
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

I know this topic has been reported on, but a recent new article on the updated list, or the most comprehensive list of ammo purchases has been posted at intelhub.

STORY HERE

As you go down the list at the link, you will notice certain rounds that are for nothing but killing people and inflicting maximum damage, and against the Geneva Convention.. they dont want to wound anybody.. if you are shot, they want you to die, simple as that.

We heard 450 million rounds for Glock pistols..

This new list totals over 856 million rounds... along with other purchases..

This astonishing amount of purchased ammunition has lead many to speculate and believe that homeland security is actively preparing for what they believe will be a bloody and extremely violent American uprising and or civil war.

When you couple this large scale buildup of ammo with bulletproof checkpoints, law enforcement bulletins labeling everyday Americans as possible terrorists, and a series of videos that painted middle class Americans as the new Al Qaeda you can clearly see that at least portions of DHS are planning for some sort of violent confrontation with the American people.

This information is very disheartening... It does make one wonder WHAT just sort of hell on earth do these DHS folks have planned, or are planning for, "just in case"???

Whatever their reasoning, the "tea leaves" are telling me that a whole lot of hurt is coming for the peasants.

The air globally is becoming "pregnant", at times, (due to media hype), we feel a bit fearful the idiots might actually start a HUGE war... ready to birth a superpower conflict even! If they keep the insanity going a bit longer!

Then we see a Secretary of State, threatening countries and saying they "will pay the price of supporting Syria".

I thought the dang position of Sec of State, was one of constantly seeking peace and diplomacy, NOT WAR THREATS, or some such heated rhetoric, eh??

The whole mess seems to be coming quite unglued recently, and the warhawks seem to be leading the charge, and winning the "permission struggle", for more war.

Despite Russia saying no way Jose"... aint gonna happen.. shipping S-300 units as we speak to Syria.

Not sure what they expect here inside the country except maybe some very disgruntled citizens for this much larger list of ammo purchases????

Sigh.... it just looks a bit darker with this expansive shopping list

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Item

U.S. Military Purchasing Combat Equipment for" Domestic" Contingency .incl mortars and missiles
by paradiselost333
started on 7/21/2012 @ 03:28 PM

Originally posted by paradiselost333
wow that is some heavy equipment for Domestic operations

this tells me they know something I don't and they are expecting the worst to happen.
I think this has to be unconstitutional and illegal in some way

here is the link and some more from the article.Public intel

For the last two years, the President’s Budget Submissions for the Department of Defense have included purchases of a significant amount of combat equipment, including armored vehicles, helicopters and even artillery, under an obscure section of the FY2008 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for the purposes of “homeland defense missions, domestic emergency responses, and providing military support to civil authorities.” Items purchased under the section include combat vehicles, tanks, helicopters, artillery, mortar systems, missiles, small arms and communications equipment. Justifications for the budget items indicate that many of the purchases are part of routine resupply and maintenance, yet in each case the procurement is cited as being “necessary for use by the active and reserve components of the Armed Forces for homeland defense missions, domestic emergency responses, and providing military support to civil authorities” under section 1815 of the FY2008 NDAA.
scary times we live in for real

edit on 21-7-2012 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/21/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Item

US Marine Corps Create 3 Law Enforcement Battalions
by GoldenRuled
started on 7/22/2012 @ 09:23 PM

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
Oh &$*^!!

1,500 troops divided into 3 battalions. This is getting intense. I need to reread the Constitution. I didn't think this was legal. My older bro is former marine. I remember he told me they drilled the Constitution into him during his service. Forced gun seizures, north american union, all the rest of the rumors are beginning to seem more feasible.
hosted.ap.org...
FOX News

edit on 22-7-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Have to remember, with the influx of personnel coming back from Iraq, the military restructuring and addition of newer systems brought into the military during TWOT many armories may be having to put addition vehicles or materiel in their motor pools and storage areas.

National Guard and Reserve Forces aren't a massive a threat as Active Federal Forces, not only do they hold their pledge to the State and Adjutant General/Governor, but for years the Pentegon has been trying to move Combat Arms out of Guard and Reserve Units.

The Reserves have no current Combat Arms units, the Guard has slowly been having it's Armor taken away as the Pentagon seeks to shrink the existing Armor Corps down in favor of vehicles like the M1128 MGS and other LAV's.

This of course is hinging on the bet that the Guardsmen and or Reservists take their oaths to be more than a spoken word. It could be very likely they are activated as Federal Forces and play game with the Active Federal Forces in the event of Civil Unrest.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Item

Federal Protective Service orders around 150 sets of riot gear to be delivered in 15 days
by frazzle
started on 7/27/2012 @ 09:49 PM

Originally posted by frazzle
Oh oh.

the behemoth Department of Homeland Security (DHS), which is tasked with protecting property owned, occupied or secured by the federal government, seems to be getting ready for a riot or riots in the very near future.

The solicitation was posted on July 25, 2012 with a response date of July 26, 2012 and delivery a mere 15 days later.

The items required are: 147 “Upper Body and Shoulder Protection” which are brand name or equal to “Centurion Soft Shell Riot Control System (CPX2500),” along with 152 “Thigh-Groin Protector” brand name or equivalent to “Centurion TPX200,” 156 “Forearm Protectors” brand name or equivalent to “Centurion (FP100),” and 147 units of “Hard Shell Shin Guards” brand name or equivalent to “Centurion (TS70),” 147 carry bags brand name or equivalent to Exotech (E4), 147 tactical gloves brand name or equivalent to “Damascus (DMZ333),” and 147 riot helmets brand name or equivalent to “MaxPro (TR1000).”

This considerable procurement is for “the 2012 Democratic and Republican National Conventions, the 2012 Presidential Inauguration and other future similar activities,” according to the solicitation.

endthelie.com...

Who expects a riot at the democratic convention? That leaves the other one. I guess they're getting all gussied up for the party.

People, if you're going to Tampa, please no flip flops and don't forget your body armor or you'll be passe in the fashion trends department.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Item

NEXT WEEK ALL MILITARY BASES GO ON 3-WEEK ALERT
by GoldenRuled
started on 9/9/2012 @ 10:26 PM

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
Just copied the headline for those wondering on capital letters. Don't know if this is true. The ol lady's son( E9 sgt) I know is having issues with getting his leave this month. He's long overdue for some time off but couldnt elaborate, other than he couldn't take it as originally planned for next week.
***I had Jury Duty and the judge asked if anyone could not serve on a 3 week
criminal case please state your reason. A Naval Reserve officer said that he has been on call for a week and that next week all bases are gearing up for something.
He stressed that twice with the judge that it will happen next week, and ALL Bases are being called and he couldn't serve. The judge asked him how long will you be on duty and he said for the next three weeks.***
SteveQuayle.com
edit on 9-9-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Item

Military Movement - Watching the Watchers
by Nietrick
started on 5/14/2012 @ 10:34 PM

Originally posted by Nietrick
I live in the flight corridor between Grissom AFB and Chicago, with the 122nd National Guard base nearby, so when there's military movement in the area, I hear and see it overhead. In the last month or two I've noticed an increase in military flights in the area. In fact, this is the most movement I've seen/heard since the beginning of the Iraq War and the Surge. While what I've been seeing isn't anywhere near that level, it IS an uptick. Since it's mostly helicopters and a few jets, I've been wondering if it has to do with the craziness in Chicago because of NATO or if this is happening all over.

So gather 'round the table fellow ATSers! This is the place to discuss what you're seeing as far as military movements are concerned. Maybe if we share info, we can get a sense of what's coming and be better prepared. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I also live where Nietrick is and I haven't noticed an uptick. You always hear jets and Helicopters around here. It's neat when they are flying close to ground, not to neat on the ears though....LOL This area here, is a turn around for Grissom training runs.
edit on 9-9-2012 by thepolish1 because: Forgot a thought

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Item

Saw MASSIVE Military Hardware in convoy from Fairchild to McChord/Ft. Lewis. Couldn't ID.
by Swing80s
started on 9/16/2012 @ 05:26 PM

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Item

DHS Purchases Another "200 Million Rounds" Of Ammunition
by TheMindWar
started on 9/18/2012 @ 03:47 PM

link:

www.infowars.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Item

Heavily-armored DHS vehicles seen on road
by hdutton
started on 9/22/2012 @ 09:24 AM

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Item*

5 Black Choppers Hovering over I-5 in Southern Oregon
by Zoyd23
started on 9/28/2012 @ 02:56 PM

* Not strictly Troop, F.E.M.A., or D.H.S.. Who knows what agency if any these helicoptors were from. Just thought I'd log it here anyway.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Item

Tennessee State Militia/Guard has stopped DHS armored Vehicles from Kentucky - Russians with DHS Eagle uniforms
by Komodo
started on 3/5/2013 @ 11:49 PM

Source:
sherriequestioningall.blogspot.com...

edit on 3/6/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks For Service On Streets of the US
by jtrenthacker
started on 3/4/2013 @ 11:55 AM

The OP:

Originally posted by jtrenthacker
Not sure if this thread should go under this topic. Moderators move it if needed.

I don't normally follow the conspiracies involving the United States turning into a 'police state' but this news story caught my attention. These light armored tanks are specifically designed to resist mines.

What are these going to be used for? I immediately thought they would be used for border patrol but apparently they are going to be used by Homeland Security on the streets. Expecting massive riots? Add this to the fact that the DHS has been stockpiling ammo and I'm starting to get a little curious about what's going to happen. According to one estimate, since last year the Department of Homeland Security has stockpiled more than 1.6 billion bullets, mainly .40 caliber and 9mm. So, am I overreacting? Anybody out there have any other suggestions of what these tanks will be used for?
edit on 4-3-2013 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Homeland Security Armored Vehicle?

Thought you might find this interesting. A friend took this picture heading on I-5 south towards LA. Looks like Homeland Security is expanding even more.

www.dvorak.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Item

DHS announces second $4.5 million gun purchase in less than a week
by Violater1
started on 3/13/2013 @ 04:30 PM

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join