It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Purchases Another "200 Million Rounds" Of Ammunition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
What the hell?

Following controversy over its purchase of around 1.2 billion bullets in the last six months alone, the Department of Homeland Security has put out a new solicitation for over 200 million more rounds of ammunition, some of which are designated to be used by snipers.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Could be something, could be nothing.

My guess, it's a welfare handout in disguise. Spur the economy with a goverment purchase of products they can use, and require many people/trucks/resources to produce. Next will be the gov buying all those Chevy Volts that GM just can't sell...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I find that interesting because the company I work for, has been selling a product to a branch of the military, in a certain quantity for 10 years.
Last week, They asked us for a quote on an order, 10 times more than any other order in their history.
It is used for "practice" ammunition.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
I find that interesting because the company I work for, has been selling a product to a branch of the military, in a certain quantity for 10 years.
Last week, They asked us for a quote on an order, 10 times more than any other order in their history.

Why do I have this sneaking suspicion that they may start "practicing" on US citizens?

Not a very comforting report.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Anybody find any old reports from the 90's about these giant ammo purchases?

If it's so ordinary then they must have been doing it all along, right?

Or maybe it's just now newsworthy. Which begs the questions, why is it just now newsworthy and who made that decision?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Another link on this.
www.examiner.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

I am starting to wonder if somebody got something in land
and they are behind the scenes preparing for when they go off.. HOPING NOT

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
These are the ones they bought for school crossing guards. Why not they got them for everyone else on the gooberment pay roll.

In a normal world this would be sarcasm.
edit on 18-9-2012 by ga-`tv-gi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Good to see someone from the business is here

But if its simunition you're referring to ?
some recent changes in regulations and development of certain training aids has made its use much more widespread
And with simunition we can have "2 way ranges"
( for those not following here, think soldiers paintball with real guns but a paint capsule where the bullet is on the round, stings like HELL
)
So we get through ALOT
I'll easily do 2000 primary weapon 500 secondary in a day in the house
So my 8 man team on a 4 man OPFOR team doing back to back entries and clearances

12 men doing 2500 rounds each
30,000 rounds !

This may account for what you're seeing ?
edit on 18-9-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
What the hell?

Following controversy over its purchase of around 1.2 billion bullets in the last six months alone, the Department of Homeland Security has put out a new solicitation for over 200 million more rounds of ammunition, some of which are designated to be used by snipers.

www.infowars.com...

I hope it's not to supply the Russian Spetsnaz...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Or stock up the ammo domestically if needed before the military war demand clogs up and slows down the manufacturers of ammo? Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom

Simunition by chance?

That's for very serious training.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
We are suppose to know by the end of this week, if we are getting the order.
The kicker is, the order must be "in house" by October 1st. Which means we have less than a week to get it around.
The good news is, overtime for our production people!!!

I am wondering what the hurry is, as normal orders are so much smaller, but with a 2 week lead time.

new topics

top topics

join