It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the Excellent Dining in Gaza.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
And after you type "Palestine" into Google-Images and browse through page after page of the most horrifying pictures this Planet has to offer, do your own image search on daily life topics.

The Gaza Surfclub.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by evil incarnate

First let me just say that your answers are quite presumptive which clearly demonstrates set answeres to predetermined questions. This is not so much conducive to discussion as it is a speech and seems more fit for a blog than a forum. It also does a great deal to detract from any kind of productive conversation being had because your presuppositions apparently preclude you from actually getting the question asked instead of the one you were ready to swat away. That being said...

Muslims celebrate.

I did not say they did not Celebrate. I said they did not party in any manner I am familiar with so I would like to know what you meant. I know you were not at a birthday party, pig roast, or playing beer pong. I was asking what you were doing, not saying any such thing as you just tried to imply I did.

Young Palestinians listen to western music, watch American movies...the works.

"the works" would probably be the part I am asking about then. Watching movies and listening to music sounds like "watching movies and listening to music." Is that what you mean by "partied?" I am trying to learn some things here. Please do not ignore my actual words in lieu of an argument you were hoping to have. I also know for a fact that aside from being strict about what music is Halal there are many that feel all music is forbidden so even then, your choices are limited as to a point making me again question the term "party."

Propaganda that dehumanizes people creates the false impression that some nation or culture or religion is "pure evil" and, for example, wouldnt behave in a human manner by celebrating o r partying.

Could you condescend a bit more? I never stated nor implied that anyone was less than human or evil in any way shape or form. Why did you feel the need to add those things? They are not even close to anything I actually said. See how your answers look contrived, prepared, and at this juncture, ill-placed?

It is actually my close Muslim friends that give me the impression they do not party like I know the word. I know they watch movies. I know they (the ones I know) will not listen to music by choice so they certainly do not party with it.

Do not assume things I have not said. Do not assume what I may know. Do not assume where I may gain my knowledge.

Some here will be shocked to learn that Jews party too.

One here would still like an answer to what seemed like a simple question.

edit to change "inferred" to "implied" so we do not have to get the dictionary out and confuse people.

[edit on 6/11/10 by evil incarnate]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

If a celebration where people are eating, dancing and singing and playing loud music is not partying, I dont know what is.

Your point is?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

If a celebration where people are eating, dancing and singing and playing loud music is not partying, I dont know what is.

Your point is?

I did not have a point. I asked a question. What do you not get?

Now my point would be that you used my question to say things about ethnocentric attitudes fomented by ignorant propoganda fed knaves. I only asked a question. Like I said, my Muslim friends say music is forbidden. I know that is debated. So, I asked you a question. Perhaps get over yourself.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Great post! Reminds of the Theresienstadt orchestra.

Your take on this article would undoubtedly be 'Those Jews never had it so good as when they were in the concentration camp at Theresienstadt.'

Funny how you see propaganda coming only from the oppressed and not the oppressor. I ask again to the Israel supporters as I did in another thread: do you think that Israel never lies to the international community?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate
[my Muslim friends say music is forbidden.

Thats not my experience, sorry. (Muslim countries Ive been to are Qatar, Dubai, Egypt, Turkey and Palestine )

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

do you think that Israel never lies to the international community?

Why would I think that? What nonsense.

Not all is black/white.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate
[my Muslim friends say music is forbidden.

Thats not my experience, sorry. (Muslim countries Ive been to are Qatar, Dubai, Egypt, Turkey and Palestine )

What are you stating with that list? Are there no Muslims in the places that you know of that feel music is forbidden? Or do you know that it is that way and just happened to "party" with different ones?

Again, this is a question. Do not decide what I am thinking, getting at, really mean. It is just a question. If my choices of answers are way off, so be it. I am just trying to understand because the manner in which you reply seems vaguely detailed in a specific kind of way. This is just how I am perceiving things and I would like to think I am just missing something. I am trying to understand all the posts in this thread and context seems to go a long way here. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Your take on this article would undoubtedly be 'Those Jews never had it so good as when they were in the concentration camp at Theresienstadt.'

On the contrary, it is my opinion that Palestinians should have their own state, arms and be able to travel freely.

I gave no reason for anyone to believe otherwise. Your comprehension skills could use a boost.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

What Im saying with that list is that Ive seen muslims party in each and every of those countries. And then there are some that dont. Turkey is the most partisome, in my experience, while Qatar is the most reserved. Some youth throw illegal-parties in Dubai where they drink alcohol and consume drugs. They dont want to get caught by their parents though.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

And after you type "Palestine" into Google-Images and browse through page after page of the most horrifying pictures this Planet has to offer, do your own image search on daily life topics.

The Gaza Surfclub.

I know that all the war images come up for palestine but that is totally expected as it is a hot news topic and with good reason to be. When the war was bad here I would expect images of nothing but violence, bombings, army etc to be common place when thinking of images from Northern Ireland, not due to propaganda, but due to the interest in the war itself and due to reporting on it.

Heres a paragraph ( jan 09 )from the Gaza Surf club page you linked previously:

"Thank you to all of you have have written to us to show your support and hopes for the invasion of Gaza to end soon. The area around Sheik Khazdin beach has been heavily bombed, due to the large amount of Municipal buildings that were targeted in the neighborhood. As far as we can tell so far, all the surfers and their families are alright but it is difficult to tell before the fighting stops and we can move about the streets freely. Once we are able to do so, we will update this information. Israeli troops are now well inside Gaza City and are in several of the neighborhoods where the surfers live. We hope the situation will soon be over and we thank you all for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. "

This clearly shows that these surfers are directly affected by whats going on.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Yes thank you, I read the site.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Where is the thread you created yesterday called "5 star hotels in Gaza" or something like that?

I'm sure some people remember it, try looking for it, it's gone now.

Looks like someone with mod powers took it out...

Did that one not get the response you wanted, so you rounded up your cronies to make sure you guys got first page replies this time and take down that one as it was empowering the other side that you've obviously chosen in this situation?

[edit on 11-6-2010 by At0mZer0]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Its the news itself that makes hate and fear the hottest topic while ignoring all the good guys that are trying to make a difference. The good guys in Israel and Palestine never get any Press. Neither does the good stuff.

War is no daily occurence there. Most times are in fact peaceful. Then, one thing happens, such as the Flotilla event, and the whole world is in rage, immediately demanding for the eradictation of Israel.

This overhyped and overblown reaction is engineered. You dont get that kind of reaction toward other countries like lets say atrocities commited in Sudan.

Its engineered.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by At0mZer0

By now Im not only Mossad, IDF, secret owner of the site, secret thread remover and disinfo-agent but now Im also in cahoots with the OP.

Fact is, I havent spoken with the OP in months prior to this thread.

The allegations being made here against me and the OP are ultra-paranoid, almost heart-breakingly so.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I'm asking where a thread from yesterday about this same topic from the OP is.

I posted in it many times.

I never said anything about you, however it is also well known you also have an obvious side on this topic.

It's also very telling that you immediately say you guys haven't spoke for months before this, guilty conscience?

I also like how you use normal pro-israel tactics by completely ignoring what I said, changing the subject and attacking the poster instead.

Real good following your own terms and conditions there SkyFloating.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by At0mZer0]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by At0mZer0

not to interrupt, if the other thread is gone, why are we harping on it, could you stay on topic and maybe comment on why the restaurant gets clean drinkable water but everyone else in gaza does not?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

I wrote many on topic posts that apparently Mods didn't agree with.

So they started it over again, I'm trying to get that out there, should probably start a thread on it and stop ruining their new one.

Sorry guys.

link   
Autumn 2009 in Gaza, numerous pics, Gaza website :

www.paltoday.ps...

Beware ! Graphic !

[edit on 11-6-2010 by 3210123]

link   
Just Quoting what you said here just in case you remove it:

I'm sure some people remember it, try looking for it, it's gone now.

Looks like someone with mod powers took it out...

Did that one not get the response you wanted, so you rounded up your cronies to make sure you guys got first page replies this time and take down that one as it was empowering the other side that you've obviously chosen in this situation?

This level of discourse breaks my heart.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join