It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the Excellent Dining in Gaza.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
seeing as you keep going on about your first hand experiences of visiting Gaza, do you have any photos you took, which shows how normal Paleastinians live?

Yes I do. Will I bother uploading them? No. [edit on 11-6-2010 by Skyfloating]

If you can't bother posting your pictures why are you bothering to reply then and trying to make everyone believe what you are saying? If your intention was only to share the information you wouldnt have replied to many of the authors here.

All the pictures you have provided are used by JIDF as propaganda tool and yes I MEAN ALL. Even the youtube video you provided was posted by in relation too JIDF. The article on 2nd page you provided was from israel news. Not buying you're B.S ! Try harder!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

In the Gaza Strip, the situation is the most critical. The food security of its 1.5 million people has been steadily deteriorating since Israeli sanctions in June 2007 including a suspension of all exports, a decrease of imports and tight restrictions on the type of goods permitted to enter through crossings -- frequently closed by Israel on security grounds, citing Gaza-based militant attacks.

Source: www.wfp.org...

Those are World Food Programme trucks. No doubt they are either coming in from Egypt or Isreal, but don't kid yourself into thinking either of those countries actually contributed anything to what's on those trucks.

Look, I agree with your standpoint somewhat, but I feel you are being extremely intellectually dishonest. As others have already pointed out, there are areas in each country where leisure and luxury are the norm. It is also quite common to see these golden cities surrounded by their own poor and hungry.

It is not in humanity best interest right now to downplay the events going on in Gaza. Fundamental humanitarian aid is being forcefully shut out of the country, while the Israeli army has been known to drop bombs on schools and hospitals within the territory. Whether their targets were intentional or not is a battle for another day. We must keep our hopes and prayers with the people of Gaza, just as much as we should everyone across the world who are suffering.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheol

You're the fourth person in this thread implying Im either a disinfo-agent, the secret owner of this site, a mossad-agent or IDF.

Keep it up guys, you're making your cause or group look really bright

If any of you had ever actually travelled to Palestine you'd know that what I am reporting is true.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
You know what i don't get, why is it so hard to believe the situation in Gaza is not as bad as it is made out to be based on the info that has been provided in this thread. Just on the aid being sent by the US alone it is plausible that life on the strip maybe not as bad as they say. Since the nay sayers are not going to Gaza and have not been there, if you took the info from here and balanced it out against all the oh woe is me info you would still have to agree that life in Gaza is not all doom and gloom. How in the heck do they even have a high end restaurant in Gaza when the 2 million people living there can't get any food and water?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

You are quoting an Isreali Foreign Affairs Ministry report. This is sadly propaganda released during one of the peak tension periods between Palestine and Israel. Here is your source article, links to the Isreali Government website itself: www.mfa.gov.il...

Might as well throw some Baghdad Bob quotes in here for good measure as well.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheol

And all the videos and photos of hard done by palestinians are propaganda tools used by hamas then, works both ways.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

Provided the Palestinain wealth is not connected to Israeli wealth and everything coming from Israeli sources is Propaganda, whereas everything coming from Palestine Sources is not (as a poster on the first page said), you can still concede that International Aid to Palestine is high enough.

You say it is not time to make light of what is happening down there. Im saying it is high time to show a more balanced picture of what happens down there.

There is very simple reasoning behind my posting here:

I was there. I saw it. Now I am here. And I look at Google-Images on "Palestine" and I realize: Oh my God, thats completely distorted.

Distorted. Limbs flying around all over the place is not what you will experience when you visit Palestine.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Will you deny that the Roots Club is in Gaza? Will you deny the menu features high end food? Do you think they serve contaminated water there?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Blimey, how wrong have I been?
There was silly old me thinking that big, bad Israel was trying to stop all aid getting to Gaza, when all along they were merely trying to "beat off the competition" in their efforts to help and give aid to the already wealthy, cozy, and happy people of Gaza!

Doh!

Thanks for waking me up!

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Yellow Teapot]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by Sheol

You're the fourth person in this thread implying Im either a disinfo-agent, the secret owner of this site, a mossad-agent or IDF.

Keep it up guys, you're making your cause or group look really bright

If any of you had ever actually travelled to Palestine you'd know that what I am reporting is true.

No I did not said you are a dis-info agent, a mossad agent or IDF. I clearly said you are using the material promoted by JIDF as propaganda tool...difference no? If you are a dis-info agent or IDF you did a good job of gaining moderator ship to silence the critics, quiet like how CAMERA planned to induce few of their Israeli administrators to favor Israel view but were caught when the emails were released of their planning.

I did not said you are one of those .. you are over defending yourself. I said you are using the exact same material. A pic from 2005 lol, video from JIDF sources, article and snippets from Israeli sources.

If you actually did traveled to Gaza you would have posted the pics by now. You did not. It's simple and clear.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

based on your post should the wealthier gazans not be taking care of their brethren at home? how did anyone in gaza scrape together the coin to open a high end dining venue? how is it able to sustain itself? who can afford to eat there? why are they not helping each other?

answering those questions you can come to two conclusions, the first is that life in gaza is not as bad as is being portrayed or none of these things actually exists.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheol

So correct me if Im wrong, you are saying that my intentions are not to report about my travels, that I am using propaganda-tools and that I may be using my Modship to silence critics and that I lied about travelling to Gaza?

Is that what you are saying?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Oh, wow, another Israeli apologist thread. Let's all forget about the Israelis executing nine civilians because there is a restaurant in Gaza.

Oh my, what a travesty!

This is probably the one place Israel sends foreign journalists to prove there is no hardship in Gaza. Just don't go anywhere else. Don't look around the corner. Hey! Get back here.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Skyfloating and dbates, please take your time and read all these blogs.
After that we discuss again.
This is a test, whether you are only not objective enough, or have a bad intention.

www.boston.com...

fromgaza.blogspot.com...

ingaza.wordpress.com...

gaza-sderot.blogspot.com...

blog.newint.org...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Ahh just did a search and found where this propaganda is coming from

Government Press Office released a letter to the foreign reporters a controversial sarcastic about the realities of life in Gaza. Do not be heavy, morality bureau chief Danny Seaman

Full image of the letter

GPO recommends a restaurant in Gaza," said the head of sarcastic letter sent today to the Government Press Office on behalf of foreign reporters covering the events in the Middle East. "for the arrival of foreign journalists traveling to Gaza to deliver humanitarian reports of alleged problems in the area controlled by Hamas," it was explained at The letter, "as part of efforts to assist the work of journalists in the region, the Government Press Office glad to draw your attention toa menu attached to andinformation on the Restaurant Roots - Club in Gaza. "

Later in the letter recommends that GPO journalists to beep - Stroganoff restaurant mentioned the possibility to get a discount by presenting a press pass. Also, GPO recommends that foreign journalists planning to travel to Gaza to visit the swimming pool was opened there recently, and coffee fancy. Attached to the letter but a link toa video clip in which the look, the letter, "the luxury facilities" instead.

"The message speaks for itself," said Danny Seaman, director of the Government Press Office, in conversation with "The Seventh Eye."

At least I did not understand if it is serious or a joke.

"Because you must be a journalist, then you no sense of humor."

That is a joke?

"It's no joke, the restaurant is. Journalists know the place."

It's a way to say that the claims that a humanitarian crisis in Gaza are not true?

"You must be a young journalist, so completely was not affected even lack a sense of humor."

According to a sign, having understood Bela"m that foreign journalists are going to visit Gaza to cover the "rally ostensibly humanitarian crisis, without prominently display things real and comprehensive", it was decided to turn their attention to the existence of luxury restaurants and swimming pools.

One can imagine a situation in which one side has a luxury restaurant on the other hand has a broad layer of the population that receives the minimum required.

"You speak of Tel - Aviv? The New - York? About London? About Paris? Rally I do not see anyone coming out of these places. Nobody tells you that Gaza is a normal place. All based on the rally base to media reports highlighting the fact that there's a terrible crisis. Gaza is not like thirty years ago in Ethiopia. Gaza is like other places. Achshaitonim ignore and not report normal life there, they have a political purpose, and we point out the hypocrisy that exists. I'm just suggesting to those journalists who must have come out this week and give expression of the rally this joke, this hypocrisy of those active pro - Palestinian, or as they call them peace activists and human rights, what they talk about really. "

You do not think sarcastic approach may create antagonism?

"And that took care of that this matter seriously and we have contributed something? Try something else for a change. Will be those who love and who not, it really does not bother me."

According to a sign, a letter received sarcastic comments did not surprise him at all. "Those journalists who know the situation," he says, "understood the joke and laughed. Those who exploit their position in the international press to serve as a Palestinian propaganda heretics course were insulted and angry. Each player played his part, and I got what I wanted."

The Israeli government press office and its director, Daniel Seaman released the above letter and the statements.

Apparently, the aim was to hit two targets with one shot:
1. to support Israel’s claim that there is no humanitarian crisis in Gaza (hence the fine dining experience);
2. Ridicule the foreign press’ efforts to cover the humanitarian crisis and the international human rights flotilla making its way to Gaza to break the siege.

Sorry but failed, try harder!

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Sheol]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

I'm already familiar with "Gaza is hell" reports because they are plastered all over the news media and this our "alternative" media 24/7.

There is no need to read more. What there is a need for is to provide some balance.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out the brighter sides of Gaza...and not to mention Palestine. The West Bank enjoys an even greater amount of Prosperity.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Just because there 'may' be a few nice spots in Gaza it does not take away the fact that the people there are being mistreated by the Israeli government.

I say this because Im from Northern Ireland. People around the world thought of here as being an incredibly wartorn and dangerous place to be, but we have always had nice restaurants, leisure centres, parks etc, yes some parts of my city were dangerous to be in at certain times and some places you just knew to stay away from whenever there was rioting going on ( unless you wanted to be part of it ), but none of this changes the fact that the people here were being mistreated by the British government.

Does having a few restaurants make everything okay? does that mean the people dont deserve basic human rights? 'Oh look they have a nice eaterie so lets assume everything is okay there '

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

So my guess was right, it was filmed before the blockade.

I agree the menu looks good even now (was it updated?).

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Masters of the Links

You guys are the masters of Links, digging up whatever is suitable to bolster your Position. You can find any link you want, supporting any side you want. Its meaningless. The only meaningful truth is the truth you experience directly and see with your own eyes.

You cant fool me, folks - not with a Million Links

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join