It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***New FATAL Chemical spewing with Oil.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

Closer to the truth than what the government is saying? Im really not seeing people post the government numbers. Everyone is just saying that the government is not telling the truth but nobody is saying what they are not telling the truth about. Its typical Alex Jones fanboy clichés.
For this tobe credible Alex Jones or the Oil rig priest would have to show the data, like:

Here is what the EPA is saying the Benzene levels are and here is proof i have that tehy are higher.

Simple as that instead what we get is:

OMG GOVERNMENT IS FULL OF CRAP THEY ARE NOT TELLING THE TRUTH!!! FEMA CAMPS!!!!!!!!!!NWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! BENZENE IS GONNA KILL YOU!! IM GOING TO PUSH YOU BLACK GUY!!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

Benzene concentrations in the region of 1,000 parts per billion! WOW!

By my reckoning, that is 1 part per million (which is the accepted scale for occupational hazard testing).

While I'm not saying concentrations of that level couldn't have some health effects over a very long period of exposure, within my line of work, where Benzene exposure is fairly common, the chemical specific regulations allow for two different exposure limits;

TWA 1 part per million (Time Weighted Average, essentially the concentration in which it is safe to work 8 hours a day every day throughout your career)

STEL 5 parts per million (Short Term Exposure Limit, the concentration at which you should not be exposed for more than 15 minutes at a time)

So, flicking back into the sensationalist parts per billion scale, anything in the region of 1,000 ppb is nothing to worry about, whilst anything approaching 5,000 ppb is worrying.

Over-egging the pudding again AJ.

[edit on 17/6/10 by cheesyleps]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Start a thread,
say Benzene is new chemical,
get 42 flags ?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by IcarusDeepSea

Pretty much.

new topics