It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***New FATAL Chemical spewing with Oil.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I think I am being affected by the exposure, I am in Tampa Bay Area, florida, I am worried that this is causing my problems since May 10 of this year. I have a very sensitive system, as I am asthmatic, like a canary sent into the mine to sense danger, My body reacts very quickly to chemicals, allergens, etc.

Please read my post "Please, members in the Gulf area look here."

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This is my first post, I'm a newb .. What can I say?

I'm not a big fan of Alex Jones.. and the fact the anonymous tipster said benzene was this new mysterious chemical threat shows what they know ( I didn't listen, I don't know that they said it was new and mysterious, but I'll assume the OP was just passing that bit on )

The oil leak is what it is, a catastrophe that spells trouble for many walks of life, not just those beneath the ocean.. That shouldn't be understated either, and I'm not.

I don't think this is the end of the world as some have suggested, it very well could be but I'm thinking not.

The focus needs to be solving the problem .. the rest is something that will play out as it goes and aside from trying to cap the leak and clean things up, there's not much more we can do that's productive... Freaking out certainly isn't helping anyone.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Attention, please.
Please discuss the topic, which is benzine and the Gulf oil spill, and not Alex Jones.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Logically speaking there are or can be many numerous liquids/gases/solids coming from the leak. Recent information theorizes a 3000:1 ratio of natural gases to oil being excised from the well. whats to say its all natural gas though, there could be other solids,liquids or gases either undetectable or lacking in their required testing for such an area.

The most damaging event to occur would be any type of weather or storm front that would shift these low lying gases across the surface atmosphere. As many of the gases are non-buoyant they linger and, if in enough concentration, could lead to massive casualties in outlying areas of the gulf coast, if not nationwide or world wide provided they're carried in a strong enough concentration.

I believe our understanding of the contents of our earth are so limited at this time it is unfathomable(forgive the pun) to think we can properly ascertain the exact contents of any given area we attempt to delve into. Just another reason why safety should be the number one concern when branching into undiscovered territories. Man's folly makes fool's of us all. and that folly is pride and arrogance in our understanding of our universe.

Does anyone know of any ramifications for temp and pressure changes on these leaking compounds in any state(liquid, solid, or gas) from the leak, possibly if the changes from extreme temp and pressure to milder measurements changes the compounds in any way, shape or form?

[edit on 11-6-2010 by LurkingSleipner]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Sooo I read through half of this thread and realized I was wasting my time because..

A) Any thread that mentions the name Alex Jones turns into the feeding frenzy of haters and thats fine if you do not like the man but STICK TO THE TOPIC

B)Few of the more informative people on this thread linked to past studies of people getting sick after cleaning up oil spills but was ignored and people just kept on bashing Alex...Sigh what a waste of life some of you are.

Keep the hating on a different thread because it got old after the first 3 pages. I myself listen to Alex Jones but everytime I hear somthing fishy I take the time to do a SIMPLE google search to see if its true and if its not then I move on,simple as that. Not everyone can be always right because WE ARE NOT GODS. Yes he fearmongers but I think in order to wake up some of the SHEEP you need to scare the crapola out of them to actually take a second out of there busy little lives to go look up some information.

Let the hating on me or Alex continue

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Uhm........ was it Benzene or Benzine? Because they're different.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

What is the source of the methylene chloride? This is not naturally occurring and is a common industrial solvent that must be carefully handled.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Appearing on the Alex Jones Show on June 10, 2010, paster Lindsey Williams reveals the real threat posed by the leak.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The Chaplin is right on the money.

Unknowm unknowns.

Not a a conspiracy just above grade fubar.

Golly...20000 to 75000 psi.....that is simply deeply disturbing.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Listen I saw the Alex Jones pod cast yestereday. The guest numbers are right.I hate to say it but I have family in big oil and they are telling me the same numbers almost to the "T". The government is down playing this in hopes they can cross drill and pull off pressure of the ruptured well. this cross drill is a 1 of a 2 part operation. If it works the govermment can contain the damage as of now. If it doesn't work they have access to a well that can be used for tactical nuke insertion. We allbetter hope this cross drill works because if not the tactical impolsion percentages is not good.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

Same here. My close relative of mine is very in the know at Transocean. I don't want to say more because I am scared of the MIB. I'll admit. All of the data he sees every fits right in line with what Pastor Lindsey Williams said on AJ.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Okay this came from alex jones so right off the bat you know that crap was added into the story to put fear into the reader. The only problem is that there have been many larger oil spills, so what makes this one worse? in 1991 there was a 520million gallon spill in Kuwait, in 1980 mexico spilled 100million gallons so did that oil not mave the "mystery chemical"? Not to mention the constant natural leaking of oil that has been leaking into the ocean everyday for the past few million years.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Okay this came from alex jones so right off the bat you know that crap was added into the story to put fear into the reader. The only problem is that there have been many larger oil spills, so what makes this one worse? in 1991 there was a 520million gallon spill in Kuwait, in 1980 mexico spilled 100million gallons so did that oil not mave the "mystery chemical"? Not to mention the constant natural leaking of oil that has been leaking into the ocean everyday for the past few million years.

It's the type of spill this is that makes it different from the other spills.This spill is connected to a deep natural feeding super deep well so deep in the mantelof the earths crust that could possibly be connected to a type of volcanic pressure. They have already just today admitted it was twice as bad as thought last week. So yes it different. just because Jones has been covering this does not make it any less critical of a subject. At the very lest jones doesn't have a corporate check cashing producer over his shoulder giving him emails from the top brass on highlighted talking points only.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

It's the type of spill this is that makes it different from the other spills.This spill is connected to a deep natural feeding super deep well so deep in the mantelof the earths crust that could possibly be connected to a type of volcanic pressure.

As opposed to what? So those other oil spills did not come from deep within he earth?

They have already just today admitted it was twice as bad as thought last week. So yes it different.

So now the EPA is saying that it is twice as bad as they thought? That still does not make it different from any other oil spill.
So now that the EPA is saying it is twice as bad as they thought are they still "lying" to everyone?

At the very lest jones doesn't have a corporate check cashing producer over his shoulder giving him emails from the top brass on highlighted talking points only.

Nope, he makes up what he wants to talk about on his show and he is his own check cashing producer. And he tells people what they want to hear and why they should buy his book.
www.infowarsshop.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Seriously are you on BP's payroll or something? You've offered nothing to this thread. We get it, you don't like Alex Jones and you think he's a liar. Point taken.

That being said it doesn't discount the fact that large amounts of gas are coming out of this blowout and yes it is different than other disasters as there hasn't been a subsea blowout at a drill depth like Deepwater Horizon before. There are a lot of unknowns even about the deposits structure.

When they do seismic surveying to pin down the deposit location it really does not give a full 3D image of the deposit more like the top half of it. So they really don't know what's below and why the pressure is much higher than they expected.

You should follow your own advice and deny ignorance.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

Seriously are you on BP's payroll or something? You've offered nothing to this thread. We get it, you don't like Alex Jones and you think he's a liar. Point taken.

Typical, i don't say what you want to hear so i am on BPs payroll and i offered nothing.

You should follow your own advice and deny ignorance.

You should click that link In my sig.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well all you've done this thread is bash Alex Jones. I don't even listen to him myself. I've always thought he was a loud mouth but the point remains that you fail to grasp the concept of what's going on.

The gases have been reported since April 20. It's nothing new. It's the levels of these gases that his guest was concerned about. And yes I do not believe the EPA would publicly disclose that toxic levels of gases are encroaching the gulf coast until they have the proper assets in place. Like all the National Guard troops that are being mobilized there.

If the EPA came out today on the news and said "Yeah there's lots of deadly gases out there and they are heading for the Coasts". This would create chaos as people would panic and all hell would break loose as the mass exodus from the Gulf Coast would kick into overdrive.

They need to have the Guard in place to control the chaos. Evacuation has been discussed since early May as a very real possibility.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

If the EPA came out today on the news and said "Yeah there's lots of deadly gases out there and they are heading for the Coasts". This would create chaos as people would panic and all hell would break loose as the mass exodus from the Gulf Coast would kick into overdrive.

Really because it is the EPA that is pressuring BP to disclose what chemicals are used in the drilling process and what is comming out of that water.

"When I looked into the composition in drilling muds, there were some data gaps," said Gina Solomon, a University of California, San Francisco, professor and member of U.S. EPA's Science Advisory Board. "I found a little data suggesting heavy metal contamination and that raised my level of interest and concern higher."
www.nytimes.com...

After sustained request the list is finally out on the EPA website. Out of the list what strikes are the components Corexit 9500 and 9527. These are strong chemical fertilizers that have been used. And to aggravate problems more than a million gallon has been sprayed in the gulf since the pill. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) had asked the company to cease using the powerful, secret formula Corexit, citing the harmful effects that the chemical might pose to the already damaged ecological balance of the gulf but BP refused aright. The EPA backed off their original request, citing the effects of the oil spill were worth the risk of toxic chemicals being released into the ocean and air.
abh-news.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

And your point is what exactly? We're talking about the gases being released by the well itself not about the dispersants. Although they are having a serious effect also on those exposed to it. You can stop that contamination by not using Corexent but until the well is stopped you can't stop the gases being released.

Alex Jones is a big fat poopy pants. That was for you Zaiger!

Maybe it's you who should click on your own link.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join