How do you feel about this Oil Spill?

page: 3
7
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'm getting a sick feeling.
I live in Florida about 3-4 miles from the Gulf.
If that stuff comes up here or the fumes from it start drifting over and we are ordered to evacuate I will have to abandon my paid for home.
Knowing that there are Millions of others subject to the same fate is no comfort.
If ever we got to come back, it would be to completely trashed houses, as looter would strip out anthing they could sell.

There would have to be a shoot to kill army patrolling everywhere to prevent this. Maybe that is what the rumored Foreign Troops are to do.

I am also concerned about the ramifications of this with regard to our food supply. This could damage crops everywhere in the whole Southeast USA.
Talk about Doom!

I think I am beyond crying and am in last ditch self-preservation mode.




posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
I'm getting a sick feeling.
I live in Florida about 3-4 miles from the Gulf.
If that stuff comes up here or the fumes from it start drifting over and we are ordered to evacuate I will have to abandon my paid for home.
Knowing that there are Millions of others subject to the same fate is no comfort.
If ever we got to come back, it would be to completely trashed houses, as looter would strip out anthing they could sell.

There would have to be a shoot to kill army patrolling everywhere to prevent this. Maybe that is what the rumored Foreign Troops are to do.

I am also concerned about the ramifications of this with regard to our food supply. This could damage crops everywhere in the whole Southeast USA.
Talk about Doom!

I think I am beyond crying and am in last ditch self-preservation mode.


I feel your pain and that's the problem. I am on a 'highly-sensitive' emotional vibe right now I can't contain myself.

I read some of your posts and instead of feeling rage, I cried. Not too constructive!

I am NOT the crying type. True, I am sensitive to others/nature etc but I've (we've) been through the ringer the past 10+ years and I am pretty immune to 'catastrophes'.
But not this one!

This is eating my heart out!
I can't stand picturing the dying animals/vegetation anymore. I can stand people having to move but....that's been predicted and anticipated for years now (due to one calamity or another but....) but killing these innocent fish and birds? It's just not fair damnit!

I don't like that we might be displaced by the millions but we at least 'know' what's going on. These poor Creatures, don't.

It's just not fair. I have had enough.

Any solution people? Any at all? I am begging for some resolution and I'll do my part of restitution. Please.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by One Moment]



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by One Moment
 


Wha?? How can u not care about the 3,000 that died, care about their families? How can u not care about the wars, the casualties of? How can u not care about Haiti, all of the ppl who've died, who're still suffering? They are all intertwined with whats happening. This spill is directly related to these events.
How much negative emotion and energy did 9/11 cause? How much hate and anger and sorrow do wars cause? If energy never dissapates and only changes form where do u think that energy goes? Mother Earth absorbs it and it affects Her in turn.
We are all connected, to each other and to Our Planet. Wars have got to matter, trajedies have to matter. Not only bcuz human beings are suffering but bcuz in the end it affects Mother Earth as well....it's all tied in together..We're all tied in together..

Kim



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Environmental terrorism is what it is. Everyone has to ride through the madness while the old world breaks down and the planet shifts into a new vibration an a higher dimension. I got a feeling things are going to accelerate from this time on. All the corruption going on around the world will start to collapse Banks,Government,Greedy corporations YOUR time is nearly OVER. The people have stick together and dont let them seperate and divide us.



posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Space_Lord
Environmental terrorism is what it is. Everyone has to ride through the madness while the old world breaks down and the planet shifts into a new vibration an a higher dimension. I got a feeling things are going to accelerate from this time on. All the corruption going on around the world will start to collapse Banks,Government,Greedy corporations YOUR time is nearly OVER. The people have stick together and dont let them seperate and divide us.


What a powerful, realistic, positive (yet alarming) and provocative statement Space_Lord.
I sure hope you're correct. Because something has GOT to give. I know personally, I've reached my human threshold now. I can't bear to absorb anymore of this heart wrenching insanity. My Yin/Yang is out of balance.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by One Moment]



posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Demetre
reply to post by One Moment
 


Wha?? How can u not care about the 3,000 that died, care about their families? How can u not care about the wars, the casualties of? How can u not care about Haiti, all of the ppl who've died, who're still suffering? They are all intertwined with whats happening. This spill is directly related to these events.
How much negative emotion and energy did 9/11 cause? How much hate and anger and sorrow do wars cause? If energy never dissapates and only changes form where do u think that energy goes? Mother Earth absorbs it and it affects Her in turn.
We are all connected, to each other and to Our Planet. Wars have got to matter, trajedies have to matter. Not only bcuz human beings are suffering but bcuz in the end it affects Mother Earth as well....it's all tied in together..We're all tied in together..

Kim


Oh dear. You misunderstood me. I care. I care TOO much. I cared for 9 years now. But somehow, what man does to man, is not shocking anymore. Hell, we supposedly HUNG Hussein!?!?! "Hung"? In my modern lifetime???? It's insane!!!!
I am officially shock-less after 9-11.
I care but bad-man is ahead right now. They've taken over most everything except SOME of nature!

So for 'bad-man' to harm my planet....my fish...my birds....my foliage is over the top.
I gave up thinking that I had any control over 'my land' . The Elite own and destroy all of this. They knocked down the Towers. They guided a missile into their Pentagon. They shot down a plane in PA. They're spraying us with chemicals. They're poisoning many with vaccinations. I get it and yet, I can't control it.

So I retreated to nature.

That is (was) my sanctuary. Now? I won't be able to go to MY beaches anymore? I won't be able to look out on the 'free' ocean and not shed a tear thinking about all the fish and birds who are choking to death due to the bad-man?

It's too much for me to take/understand and accept anymore. It's like someone harming my own child.



posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by One Moment
 


KK, I think I understand now Sometimes my mind doesnt wrap around certain things and I need them 'repeated' but involving diff words. That was one of my 'righteous' moments..lol..my bad..

kim



posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Moment

Originally posted by Space_Lord
Here in Australia i have not seen a mention about the Gulf disaster for the last few days. Although thats no surprise the media here are pathetic and would rather focus on Tiger Woods coming out here to play golf or any other celebrity bull# story.



Our world/society/life cannot continue on this path.
What's wrong... is right.
What's right.... is left.
What's up.... is down.
What's truth ....are lies.

No spiritually enlightened Being can stay here much longer. I know, I can't.



With you 110%.

I have tried to stay away from any wildlife photographs due to the gut-wrenching feelings I have to endure.

For empaths like us, it's torture. I try to envision a world where all is pristine and beautiful. And humans live in sync with nature. Holding these thoughts make the days easier.

This is exactly what humanity deserves. But not the innocent wildlife.



posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I feel BP should have done more upfront to keep this from happening. I am saddened by our dependence on oil so much that it kills life. I feel it is going to get worse before it gets better.
This will eventually effect the whole USA not just the Gulf.
I have a weird observation I know I am in the midwest but I have smelled oil before and after rain. I know this must be a concidence but everytime we get gulf moisture coming up from the south I see these really weird dirty clouds and the rain smells a little oily?
The other day the clouds were so dark that it looked like midnight outside. They were the strangest weirdest gray black clouds I have ever seen. They were low to the ground yet not thick. Perhaps this diaster has already disrupted our climate?



posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay
This is exactly what humanity deserves. But not the innocent wildlife.


That's my sentiment too.
We (being a part of society who allows the PTB to control and ruin us) deserve this in a twisted way. But c'mon now. Not nature and NOT like this.
It's a slow death for this innocent creatures.
There's more sympathy for the chickens heading to their death by the hands of the Kentucky Fried Chicken cabal.

These are creatures, just doing their thing. Away from man. Yeah....once in a while they get snagged by a fishing line or net but.......this was their ocean and bird sanctuaries.

This is beyond acceptable and that's where I lost it. I can't look the other way and 'pretend' life is filled with lollipops, blue skies and yellow Sun rays anymore. It's a lie.

This has been the proverbial straw that broke the camels back in my little world.

When I drive home, and I see a lizard that got hit, I stop my car. I silently apologize to it for encroaching on their habitat and bring it to the side of the road and hope, it lives. That's hard enough. But.....this was a place (the ocean/Gulf) where they 'thought' they can live.....in peace.
And now what?

It's a travesty. It's heart wrenching and it's absolutely unacceptable. I don't know how to rise above this and......don't know if I really want to. This is "IN YOUR FACE" reality and I'm afraid, this planet ain't seen nothing yet.

Just terrible!



posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by One Moment
 


The more I don't hear about the real issues regarding this disaster (and it's solution) the more I wonder if the tectonic plates might have shifted with the Haitian earthquake and./...there's no stopping this.


What a travesty!!! My heart aches and....I am psyching myself into moving up back north. Ugh.



posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay
 
It is torture Blujay, as i said in an earlier post,this is a whole new emotion to me, i didnt feel it at 9/11, nor at Haiti, this is a new level of emotion. It must be because deep down theres a feeling that as humans were all responsible to a certain extent for whats happening to the planet, but the sealife are innocent totally innocent, and weve ruined it for them, this is tragic.



posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by One Moment
 


I don't care.

It is a product of our society, and the greed we have for a very poor energy source.
Perhaps, if it is devastating enough, things might change. But I doubt that will happen in my life time.

So at this point it has just become an interesting news story and something to watch on TV.

Sad, isn't it...........:shk:



posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by One Moment
 
Most people like to think they are empathetic, but in actuality are not.

All these poor sea creatures are now doomed to a slow and painful death.

By they hand of man in the name of greed.



posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
 
Me to.



posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia
 


You and all of us need to get upset.

Upset enough to change the way TPTB are running the show and not allowing this frap to happen again.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]



posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic
 


You are like most of us, cluelees and TPTB are hoping and betting we remain that way.

Coming to and reading the post on ATS shows that we are all trying to expand our learning and that is a start so pat yourself on the back, your starting like me to gain knowledge that has been hidden from us intentionally.



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay
 


Excellent post


Anyone out there have any suggestions?

Do not even say the n word!




posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by One Moment
 


I, too, feel sickness and disgust. I live a short distance from the Gulf of Mexico and I have finally come to the realization that I have to start preparing for "the exodus". I have lived through many hurricanes without leaving my home, but this will be death for my family and I if we stay. I haven't been sleeping or eating well since this explosion happenend. I wake up in the middle of the night with an overwhelming feeling that I must start preparing. Each day that passes I add more things to my list of things to do. I was actually in Walmart picking up water, batteries, etc. and I just broke down crying in the middle of the camping department.

I will pull out of Louisiana before it is mandatory because I don't want to be forced to go to one of their camps. A mass exodus of 30 to 40 million people will be inevitable with a Category 3 hurricane.

These so called people that are running this world can't be human! They are monsters in human bodies. I hate them with every fiber of my being!



posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by One Moment
 

It is the most sickening event of my life. I thought the banker bailout was bad, this is 100x worse.

It will be the end of America.

Martial law will be declared, 50,000,000 people are going to lose everything. The strain of the refugees will implode the economy.

The system will fail.


The 3rd world will be decimated by starvation.





new topics
top topics
 
7
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join