It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you feel about this Oil Spill?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I would like to find out if anyone else is literally getting a sick feeling when viewing these underwater cams or watching news clips of the destruction on the beaches and in the ocean?

I literally feel a pain in my navel area and a deep sadness envelopes my entire body to the point of fighting back tears (not to mention, rage). I cannot watch this anymore.

I find it strange that I can watch footage of these preemptive bogus wars (and all its casualties & carnage) and even view dead-bodies after these horrific earthquakes and not have a reaction even CLOSE to the one I am having now.

This oil eruption reaches the deepest core of my Being which I never knew existed.

Anyone else getting a physical (not emotional) reaction from this?

Peace, love and hope~

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
While it is devastating and most likely a mass extinction event, focusing on the death and destruction is only placing more focus and energy on the problem than the solution.

If we can train our selves to be in observer mode, we can rise above the lower feeling of despair and anger. We can accomplish so much more when not paralyzed with grief.

editing to add: the initial grief is the catalyst to propel us to action. It is a mass awakening for humanity to realize that all is connected. We are part of this world, not separate from it.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by blujay]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'll comment on what I see it doing to those around me.
I see a numbing effect, a weird casual acceptance, almost like "okay we've seen enough we're bored let's move on to the next big story.
For myself, I cant believe it's gone on this long with such piss poor response from everyone involved, and the media makes me sick.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I agree with everyone of you, I'm loosing sleep, going to bed,waking up with this!
Not they wish to enhance bandaid solution here.
Let's not only poison the Ocean, pollute the air further by your poor choices!

news.yahoo.com...

I trust everyone... I mean everyone, to look very close the Little time you have to make a decision. Once the first Tropical front starts, pray very hard it will start/stay far east. Tough call to say the most.

Fore thought is called for here!

Jessemole

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
My cousin lives in the New Orleans area...I asked her about the spill and if it is worse then we are hearing...this is what she said:

"We don't experience it much here although we can smell it. I know the fisherman are all very worried and everyone is talking about it. One guy said he might have to move because there would be nowhere to fish. Most people feel like bp is not doing all it says it is on cleanup but its hard to know! I think this will affect us for a long time and nobody really knows how which is the scariest part. That oil is just cooking the gulf. We fear hurricane season will be really bad because of the water being so warm. Time will tell!"

It is potentially going to go haywire for hurricane season...what happens when all that oil is thrown inland and the land becomes just as polluted as the water?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I live on the Gulf. Had a bad bout with nose bleeds, last week, and hadn't had one for years, but 3 in one week.

I went to the DR., who cauterized the bleed.

Was it do to not only the water, but what is in the air? I don't know. I will tell you, that the air is thick with the oil, or the cleanup materials.

Honestly, outside of the oil slick covered animals, I think people are ignoring or, not willing to see yet, what the impact is on humans, and I don't mean just a loss of income...that's a given!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Good insight here!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Again to wait to long, it might be to late.

Think of your children! Their lungs can't take it.
They breath the air more as a child,then we do as adults.
Control their play time for now until cleaner air can be realized.
Please move to a better place for now. always expect that you won't be able to move back. Secure what is important to you and go.

We need a devine intervention here!

Jessemole

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Yep. Makes me physically ill as well. Maybe bcuz it affects me emotionally, hard core. I'm not like that any other time I get upset but certain things really get to me. This oil spill crap happens to be one of them. I get a headache and my stomach hurts and I get queasy. I get a heaviness in my chest and my heart wrenches. I liken it to seeing a sad movie that makes ur heart ache but it's constant until I occupy myself with something else but takes awhile to subside.
It's not only the spill either. Situations that causes others grief or pain. The Palestinian deal reallly affects me. Anything that involves the destruction of Earth. I'm a mess but I cant help it, I've tried and it just makes it worse. The nausea and heartache eventually go away, the headache I could do without. So, yeah, it physically gets to me as well.
Kim

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
I'll comment on what I see it doing to those around me.
I see a numbing effect, a weird casual acceptance, almost like "okay we've seen enough we're bored let's move on to the next big story.
For myself, I cant believe it's gone on this long with such piss poor response from everyone involved, and the media makes me sick.

i couldn't agree more.
some people are outraged at obama's response, or lack-of, i am most disappointed that the average citizen treats it like a tired news story like the OJ trial..oh wait...that was "bigger" news. pathetic.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay
While it is devastating and most likely a mass extinction event, focusing on the death and destruction is only placing more focus and energy on the problem than the solution.

If we can train our selves to be in observer mode, we can rise above the lower feeling of despair and anger. We can accomplish so much more when not paralyzed with grief.

editing to add: the initial grief is the catalyst to propel us to action. It is a mass awakening for humanity to realize that all is connected. We are part of this world, not separate from it.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by blujay]

That's all fine and I agree but.....put energy on a solution? From us? The slave race?
Sometimes words are cheaper/easier than action. Any suggestions? I'm game!

But please know, I am not taking away from your overall message but, I am lost in hope, change and resolution.

Sure, we can all sell our cars so we're not dependant on oil and perhaps somehow, some way we can install solar panels on our homes (that we're about to lose and/or get evicted from) so not to use oil-based products but short of that, what else is there? That is not going to stop what's happening in the Gulf!

The Powers to Be are greater than us.

I know we're equal but not here, not now. Not while we're living in this society. Not in a time and place where the entire world has a strangle hold on us.

We can always meditate I guess. Sure hope that helps save the marine/plant life in the Gulf that are innocently dying!

Again, I get a physically sick feeling when I just think about this.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demetre
Yep. Makes me physically ill as well. Maybe bcuz it affects me emotionally, hard core. I'm not like that any other time I get upset but certain things really get to me. This oil spill crap happens to be one of them. I get a headache and my stomach hurts and I get queasy. I get a heaviness in my chest and my heart wrenches. I liken it to seeing a sad movie that makes ur heart ache but it's constant until I occupy myself with something else but takes awhile to subside.
It's not only the spill either. Situations that causes others grief or pain. The Palestinian deal reallly affects me. Anything that involves the destruction of Earth. I'm a mess but I cant help it, I've tried and it just makes it worse. The nausea and heartache eventually go away, the headache I could do without. So, yeah, it physically gets to me as well.
Kim

That sounds exactly like what I am experiencing.

I've (we've) gone through 9-11.
Philippine tsunami
Hurricane, Wilma, Ike and Katrina.
Haiti earthquake and they ALL pale in comparison to this.

It's the innocent wild life that hurts my heart.

Screw us! We deserve it (well, not us per se but more, modern industrial man as a whole) but what did the marine/plant/aviary life do to deserve this?

It's one thing taking the punches all these years because somehow, we were able to rationalize it to a certain extent simply by putting the onus on the PTB but now? It's not good enough. This is inexcusable and in a way, I feel like I've contribute to it (by being a petrol-dependant person)

Right now......I feel like I have to vomit. It's an awful, gut wrenching feeling that I've never ever before experienced. I am sick over this and to top it all off, I feel absolutely helpless!!!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I have found it extremely difficult to watch news about it. I get sick to my stomach and I am filled with anxiety.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

I have no gotten sick or anything of that nature yet. I'm still in the wait and see camp. We have no idea exactly how bad this might be. It's a bit premature for me to get emotional about it. I do think it is being handled badly, but I'm not sure what I can do about that and getting frightened doesn't seem very productive.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I believe those British pensioners ought to pay the price for the oil spill. Forget the dividends!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

i felt the same reaction a couple of days ago and wanted to post it but it seemed very insensitive, but yes, my feelings of revulsion regarding this oil spill are far stronger than for anything else ive seen in a long long time, i feel sick to the stomach.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

It tugs at my heart and mind every second of every waking moment. I
can't help but feel partly responsible as a member of the human race.
The human race is responsible for this as a whole in my opinion.
With the exception of the Amish and the like. Who BTW will suffer right along with the rest of us.
Just mentioning the wildlife brings tears to my cheeks.
I really can't stand to mention it.

It's so obvious that we need guidance.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

I have no gotten sick or anything of that nature yet. I'm still in the wait and see camp. We have no idea exactly how bad this might be. It's a bit premature for me to get emotional about it. I do think it is being handled badly, but I'm not sure what I can do about that and getting frightened doesn't seem very productive.

I wish I were more like you. And please.....I'm not meaning to inflict pain nor spark a reaction but doesn't this 'hurt your heart?"

These birds/sea-life are getting the brunt of this.
Sure, we may pay for it at the pump but, there's no comparison.

And holding people accountable does NOTHING at this point!

Who cares at this juncture, whose fault it is? That's just more corporate B.S. so to get monetary compensation!!

It's not like these innocent wild-life survivors will be able to sit in on their trial!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I agree with you!

And...I feel those who aren't feeling this as painfully as I am are either, complacent (cause they're numb or ignorant) or apathetic because they feel complicit in an indirect way so they avoid the guilt by closing their eyes.

I live here in Florida. Southeast Florida so, I haven't 'seen' this just yet.
This is killing me. Almost literally.
The ONLY good thing about Florida, to me anyway...is the beaches. Here, I can escape. Look out and pretend what's happening on the mainland doesn't really matter.
And now? I can't even do that. There's no retreating anymore.

So now what? I have to go within and meditate to send out good/positive vibes?
Perhaps that's not a bad idea but I hardly think that's a cure-all to the reality of these events and my life.
I used to love life (depised this world though) but now...? Life isn't the same. I hate OTHERS hurting other..... innocent living Beings.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I think we can see from these pictures posted by one moment how bad this is. And im afraid ive been prematurely overemotional about this for a while now so have my children whose future world this is.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It troubles me and it makes me eat more fish now before they all died.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join