How do you feel about this Oil Spill?

page: 2
7
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by One Moment
 


It does, but what can I do right now? I guess I just don't feel the need to get very upset since I am not there and I can't really get in there and make my emotions worth something. I'm preggo too so getting upset isn't exactly great for me right now. I'd rather try to do something that could actually help. I don't feel me getting upset would be of any use right now.




posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia
 

no, sorry still dont understand you.



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
reply to post by antonia
 

no, sorry still dont understand you.


I'm not worried about you understanding me. I don't have to justify myself to you. If you want to freak out, cry and scream then by all means do so.



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Here in Australia i have not seen a mention about the Gulf disaster for the last few days. Although thats no surprise the media here are pathetic and would rather focus on Tiger Woods coming out here to play golf or any other celebrity bull# story.



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by One Moment
 


It does, but what can I do right now? I guess I just don't feel the need to get very upset since I am not there and I can't really get in there and make my emotions worth something. I'm preggo too so getting upset isn't exactly great for me right now. I'd rather try to do something that could actually help. I don't feel me getting upset would be of any use right now.



Bless you and yours my sister!
I know what you mean. Stay focused on your health.

But you know what? Something (emotion?) brought you to my thread though.

With love and good health always~



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Space_Lord
Here in Australia i have not seen a mention about the Gulf disaster for the last few days. Although thats no surprise the media here are pathetic and would rather focus on Tiger Woods coming out here to play golf or any other celebrity bull# story.



Our world/society/life cannot continue on this path.
What's wrong... is right.
What's right.... is left.
What's up.... is down.
What's truth ....are lies.

No spiritually enlightened Being can stay here much longer. I know, I can't.



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Moment

Bless you and yours my sister!
I know what you mean. Stay focused on your health.

But you know what? Something (emotion?) brought you to my thread though.

With love and good health always~


It was emotion. Most people seem to think that simply because you do not strongly express emotion that you are devoid of it. This frightens me and seeing all the destruction that might come to pass it hurtful, but at the end of the day I have to do something constructive. That's what i'm waiting for, a chance to do something constructive.



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I want to know how I got to this age and know NOTHING??? I'm well educated,have traveled extensively and lived well...I feel like I'm clueless about "life" anymore because these events seem to keep happening in one way or another.

It's like I've fallen down a rabbit hole and can't claw my way back to "reality" anymore.

I feel about this a LOT like I did about the mess with AIG, Goldman Sachs,the "bailout",you name it: amother prime example of the people of this country being expected to just swallow yet another dose of bitter medicine while someone else gets rich from situations that THEY perpetrate! I think much will come out about this oil-mess before all is said and done.

CNN said today that the folks in Haiti are now starving in the camps because there is no food: we as a country sent a LOT of money over there sowhere the hell is it?

The systems screwed folks over bigtime after Katrina and they suffer still,I can only imagine what's to come of the "oil DUMP" in the aftermath because this not only affects people and their way of life but also the delicate balance of nature.

I am sickened alright but mostly because like most of us,I am galvanized and haven't a clue as to what to believe is "true" anymore...I think we'll all being played in soooooooooo many ways!

[edit on 10-6-2010 by irishchic]



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think they should have nuked this mess weeks ago. There would be no radiation or anything and we could go back to things being normal. Oh wait, nukes are only for KILLING PEOPLE, my mistake. Guess in the case of an asteroid coming in we should just blow ourselves up beforehand, that'll show that asteroid who's boss.



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
How do you feel about the oil spill?

It makes my soul ignite into a thousand tears of flowers and windswept lakes. When I think about all the animals and sh*t and my body convulses into vibrational riptides of fractal grief. I can't even look at the face of Tony Hayward without my eyes hurting, they hurt as if BP fired pins directly into them using the power of mother Gaia's suffering....

With each new barrel of lost oil poured into the gaping ocean, my heart rips and shreds like the pipeline itself. When are we going to abandon the old way of living? We use cars, heating systems and all the other stuff they use oil for (I think they use it to make plastic or something I don't know). It doesn't have to be like this PEOPLE! I think we should put a ban on oil altogether as this kinda thing has happened before.....



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
I think they should have nuked this mess weeks ago. There would be no radiation or anything and we could go back to things being normal. Oh wait, nukes are only for KILLING PEOPLE, my mistake. Guess in the case of an asteroid coming in we should just blow ourselves up beforehand, that'll show that asteroid who's boss.


I thought the same thing. At this point, just blow the sucker up and let the 'LIFE" that's being killed slowly, have a sudden death instead.

Something's up.
But I am done with the bureaucratical aspect of things now.
I am fried. Stick in fork in me cause I am done.

I don't care about the politics anymore. I don't care that Obama is not legal. I don't care that Bush killed 3000 of my neighbors in NY.

I now care only about my Earth. I love her.

Screw the wars. They will go on with or without my permission.
Screw 'sending money to victims' (Haiti). Half the monies won't reach them anyway whether I contribute or not.

I want my planet back.

I loved nature. That's all I had that wasn't 'too' controlled.

I don't have that anymore. Not here in Florida anyway. And moving only removes me from the problem (like moving from NY after 9-11)
And that, may be part of the problem. Escapism! Closing our eyes so not to see.
But you know what? When I close my eyes lately, I see the most clearest and....it's friggin frightens me!!!!

[edit on 10-6-2010 by One Moment]



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1
How do you feel about the oil spill?

It makes my soul ignite into a thousand tears of flowers and windswept lakes. When I think about all the animals and sh*t and my body convulses into vibrational riptides of fractal grief. I can't even look at the face of Tony Hayward without my eyes hurting, they hurt as if BP fired pins directly into them using the power of mother Gaia's suffering....

With each new barrel of lost oil poured into the gaping ocean, my heart rips and shreds like the pipeline itself. When are we going to abandon the old way of living? We use cars, heating systems and all the other stuff they use oil for (I think they use it to make plastic or something I don't know). It doesn't have to be like this PEOPLE! I think we should put a ban on oil altogether as this kinda thing has happened before.....



Thank you for comiserating for I too, feel the same. I have NEVER felt this raw sense of hurt before.

It's not us though.
We're not dictating what we need.
They tell US what we need. So I am not THAT guilty. I am more guilty by association really. Being an American who buys British oil. But again, I didn't set this up. "They" did!

In order to live in society, we have to comply or...be very rich so to live off the grid-system, under radar and self-sustaining and right now...they're making it impossible to even budge!!

It's a catch-22!

But I am done. I don't know what more I can do but feel hurt. I am done being mad.
I am hurting about everything but more than ANYTHING I hurt over the wildlife that are having this slow insidious death!!!



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
How about the oil spill going today in Nigeria, it's been spilling for the past 6 months. Have you heard about it in the news?

www.guardian.co.uk... iger-delta-shell

If that doesn't work, please cut and paste this: www.guardian.co.uk...



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia
 
of course you dont have to justify yourself to me, ive got nothing against you, i am mum your gonna be one soon, i just didnt understand how you could say that it did not make you feel emotional, thats all, i wish you well.



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
How about the oil spill going today in Nigeria, it's been spilling for the past 6 months. Have you heard about it in the news?

www.guardian.co.uk... iger-delta-shell

If that doesn't work, please cut and paste this: www.guardian.co.uk...


Hell no! I haven't heard about that! Damn! WTF is going on? Where are our (their) priorities? (rhetorical question. No answer necessary, sadly!)


Gaia, Mother Earth is in dire trouble, suffering and needs our help.

How can we (mortal Sheeple who are not part of the Elite system) do our meager part? Please, tell me! Please!!!



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The whole thing makes me sick and angry that the US doesn't protect us or our wild life as well as other countries do. I doubt I will ever eat fish again because I do not trust the FDA or my grocers about the quality of the fish, safety and where it came from.

As for the pics of animals covered in oil I just can't look at them any more. My brother and I participated in rescue and clean up effort back in the sixties and I will tell you that almost all of them will die despite the clean up even if they have just a little oil on them.

Being allergic/highly sensitive to petroleum products I'm also very worried about the coming monsoon season in the desert southwest - yeah, you heard me right. Our weather systems in July and August are fed in large part by the remnants of Gulf hurricanes and tropical depressions. If the oil and dispersant get in the air, hurricanes and winds, the toxic rain could come down anywhere. Does anyone really know how this is going to work?

I can't believe this is still gushing and that people like Boehner are saying we, the US tax payers should help pay for the clean up. BP makes me sick for using the dispersant to trying to hide the amount of oil. We cannot let them off the hook. Seize every single one of their assets to pay for the damage. No one should settle until the leak is completely stopped.



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I am sick about this. I lived in Pensacola for a short time, vacationed in Panama City many times and these are the most beautiful beaches that I have ever been to.
It makes me sick that this is happening to this area and to these people, to the wildlife, all the while the president sits on his ass and does nothing.
This is clearly the worst environmental disaster we have seen to date in the U.S and nothing is being done about it. This is going to be our Chernobyl, it is going to stay with us for decades and ruin what little economy the gulf states had fishing and tourism.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Iamherefornow]



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
The whole thing makes me sick and angry that the US doesn't protect us or our wild life as well as other countries do. I doubt I will ever eat fish again because I do not trust the FDA or my grocers about the quality of the fish, safety and where it came from.

As for the pics of animals covered in oil I just can't look at them any more. My brother and I participated in rescue and clean up effort back in the sixties and I will tell you that almost all of them will die despite the clean up even if they have just a little oil on them.

Being allergic/highly sensitive to petroleum products I'm also very worried about the coming monsoon season in the desert southwest - yeah, you heard me right. Our weather systems in July and August are fed in large part by the remnants of Gulf hurricanes and tropical depressions. If the oil and dispersant get in the air, hurricanes and winds, the toxic rain could come down anywhere. Does anyone really know how this is going to work?

I can't believe this is still gushing and that people like Boehner are saying we, the US tax payers should help pay for the clean up. BP makes me sick for using the dispersant to trying to hide the amount of oil. We cannot let them off the hook. Seize every single one of their assets to pay for the damage. No one should settle until the leak is completely stopped.





................and I friggin cry again.

Please make this stop. Is there any solution? Please? Someone tell me something that I can do. Please! I hate this.



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by One Moment
 


If you go to my profile you will see I had a bad feel about this from the start. A gut feeling.

I suspect; This was a manipulated incident.

Got out of control.

And more serious than appeared at first.



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia
 


I think what the difference is that You're able to control your emotion better than some, especially the highly sensitive. I'm speaking for her of course and probably shouldnt but it's something I question all of the time too. It affects me so much that when I come across someone who can control or dont have the emotion that I do, I think..'Oh my God, how can u not be devastated and why arent u bawling ur eyes out??'
I have to remind myself that I shouldnt expect u to act/feel the way I do, that u handle/solve things your way, the way that works for you. After a long time I've learned the word for this is 'righteous', I can be righteous....'well...I wouldnt act like that...' Like I said, I'm answering for someone else but for some ppl who have no control over their emotion it's hard to understand those who can because we've known no different. Thats my take on it anyway, idk???

Kim





new topics

top topics



 
7
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join