It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J-10,from China,I am proud of it

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
actually ppl have more freedom in the US have lots of freedoms i thnk more freedom than any other country.

the Netherlands is slightly freer.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Sminkeypinkey, you really didn't put up any argument to what I said.

Certainly not initially anyway. In gulf war mk1 the Iraqis attempted to stand and fight and were wiped out mainly before they could even see their opponents or when hunkered down were simply buried alive in large numbers.

What would be different if we fought the Republican Guard again? We didn't just have the advantage of being able to see better. The Iraqis were just poorly led. The Iraqis had pretty thick defenses, and if we had just fought them head on it would have caused a lot more damage to American forces. We basically flanked their best forces, and attacked from behind. The Iraqis suffered the same fate as many armies that used stationary defenses. Like France, or the English in WW2, they paid for this mistake.

- ....but not such a joke that they can't be used to bloat the so-called 'defence' budget by several more billions.

If China wants to get into an arms race with America, then they'll lose. America's economy is twice the size of China's. At the same time, it would take a far larger economy for China to really match us in military spending. That huge population of theirs will require more spending on basic programs. China truly does not have the money to increase their budget much more right now because of this. The true strength of China's economy is far weaker then it looks on paper.

Didn't you know the war broke out in North Korea in 1950 bewteen America and China?Maybe the poorest country --China,tied America who almost winned the whole world throgh the second world war at north latitude 38.

The Chinese completely caught us off guard. That's an American mistake, but the Chinese did not match us equally. China outnumbered us greatly, they had superior Russian technology behind them. At the same time America was only able to commit just 40% of its true military strength to Korea. We had large numbers of troops keeping order throughout Europe and Japan. By the end of the war, we were pushing China and North Korean troops back. The only thing that saved China was a lack of desire back in America to keep fighting. We achieved the real goal of that war-STOPPING THE COMMUNIST NORTH FROM TAKING THE SOUTH.

I believe America could very well conquer China. It does not take a large number of troops to conquer a huge country. In fact, the greatest conquests of all time were achieved while being vastly outnumbered. You can look at modern forces like WW2 Germany, back down to Napoleon. The Mongols built the largest empire in history, and were a very small force. Alexander the Great conquered vast territory with under 50,000 troops. He faced armies multiple times the size of his on multiple occasions.

Numbers have always been overrated. A great tactician with very well trained troops (like America has), can overcome any army. America has overcome more patriotic countries then China in the past. Japan and Germany in WW2 were full of extremists. China in its last war didn't put out much of any showing. Half the Chinese fought for the Japanese.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Disturbed, dont live on past glory, if we keep in mind who our up and coming competitors are, they will soon surpass us. Sure we are so much higher than them but remember the higher are the quicker we can fall.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disturbed Deliverer
or the English in WW2, they paid for this mistake.

DONT CALL US ENGLISH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
and the usa copied all of germany's rocket projects
does this mean i should be unimpressed with the rocktes of the USA 2 day?

No. You mean the Krauts studied research conducted by ROBERT GODDARD,AN AMERICAN SCIENTIST thank you

[edit on 17 PM109279361120 04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

No. You mean the Krauts studied research conducted by ROBERT GODDARD,AN AMERICAN SCIENTIST thank you

And Robert Goddard studied research conducted by Sir Isaac Newton. And and and etc...

[edit on 17-8-2004 by Cjwinnit]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Realisticpatriot:

I'm not living on any past glorly. I'm not saying America should be content. America right now does not ignore anyone, and that is what has kept us at the top. America is well aware of China, as they are anyone. We have already taken steps to keep China underneath us. What do you think Taiwan is really about? We're keeping China in their place, and not allowing them to become another Russia.

If China really started to compete with us, our military would respond. If this were still the Cold War, I can tell you we'd be getting 1,000 F-22's. China becoming stronger would probably be the best thing for America's military. A competent threat is all that is needed. What do you think the exercises with India were about? The F-15's weren't equipped with the missiles or radar they would in real combat. They were outnumbered by competent fourth generation aircraft, which is not likely in real combat. Our airforce went out of their way to emphasize these results just as Congress discusses the budgets. That is not coincidence.

If the airforce had a real threat, we wouldn't have to create one in India.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673

One nuclear missile can solve every problem.

Are you seriously suggesting that China would win the war between the U.S., and China? The U.S. has got missle defense, and will probably shoot down any Chinese nuclear missle. I dont even think that the Chinese made their own nuclear missles. Russia imported it to them. Also the U.S. has many allies, and Japan is one of them....
(no offense).

In the "end", the United States of America will have only one ally. Israel is the only ally of the United States and the rest of the world will suffer.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cjwinnit

And Robert Goddard studied research conducted by Sir Isaac Newton. And and and etc...

[edit on 17-8-2004 by Cjwinnit]

Isaac Newton? We,re talking about about a bunch of people who eats rotten cabbage.

[edit on 17/8/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Intelearthling:

America will have just one ally? What about the British, Polish, Italians, South Koreans, Australians and Japanese (or the entire coahilition in Iraq)?

Of all America's "allies," I'd really count on Isreal the very least. They've provided military technology to China of all nations. They pretty much designed the new J-10.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Disturbed,

Ur. last post, amen to that. Didnt they shoot to sh*t one of our boats that was monitoring the 5 day war, then claim it was a accident? Well i suppose thats a conspiracy theory for another post

The post before, sure i assume that we are taking actions to keep china in check.. but those could back fire. We have always been trying to keep people "in check" thats how we make enemies. We created OBL to battle the russians, the Ayatollah to topple the shah, etc... all of which has come back to bite us in the kahones... its a catch 22

[edit on 17-8-2004 by RealisticPatriot]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

In the "end", the United States of America will have only one ally. Israel is the only ally of the United States and the rest of the world will suffer.

Count how many personnel the UK and Israel sent to Iraq, then get back to me.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gastric cancer
Mmmm~~~~~

the exchange of nuclear weapon sounds good

You really don't want that to happen, do you?
It would be ashame that we couldn't get any toys in our happy meals at McDonalds because all the industry in China would be destroyed and the entire region would become a barren wasteland for several centuries. I really think that you should think this over.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disturbed Deliverer
Intelearthling:

America will have just one ally? What about the British, Polish, Italians, South Koreans, Australians and Japanese (or the entire coahilition in Iraq)?

Of all America's "allies," I'd really count on Isreal the very least. They've provided military technology to China of all nations. They pretty much designed the new J-10.

I'm not talking about now. I'm talking about what's going to happen eventually, saddly speaking, but factual.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cjwinnit

Count how many personnel the UK and Israel sent to Iraq, then get back to me.

Israel really does want to get in on the action, but the US government wishes them not to. I do hope that I am wrong about Britain turning their backs on us. Praise the leaders with the likeness and heart such as Margaret Thatcher and Tony Blair. I do admire the will of the English (they are who we are) and hope they never succumb to the chicken-hearted desires of the mainland Europe.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by heavenbird

Originally posted by RedDragon
[QUOTE]The accuracy of Chinese missile nowdays is about 5-10m with the GPS help. [/QUOTE]
Guess who controls GPS? Yep. One switch of a button and those things power down.

Don't you know China has its own system "Double stars" like GPS? Theoretically two satellites are enough to monitor the earth. And China together with Europe are building another brand-new satellite system. We are not that stupid to use American GPS in War.

Eh, where did you learn your theoretical studies at? K-Mart? You've got to be kidding if you think that a nation who is told what to think can win a war against a nation who freely thinks on their OWN!

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It's a known fact now that the reason France, Germany and Russia did not want the United States and the United Kingdom to invade and overthrow the then Iraqi government was that they were dealing with Saddams' regime despite UN sactions and it would be found out only by invasion, because they would have never admitted it. All they had to do was to give Saddam technical
expertise in TRADE for oil.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
You never see reports in the mainstream media of United States soldiers been burnt or dragged around but I read an article a while ago and it said something about an attack on a US humvee and the marines bodies were burnt and the iraqi's tied rope around their torsos and dragged them around the streets beating the bodies with sticks.

anyone who can confirm this?

thanks,
drfunk.

It's very true, sad to say. The American and British soldiers are over there to bring about stability to a region that has known nothing but chaos. The Allies are showing great restraint in not debasing themselves to to their barbaric behaviour.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Wow I think you just set an ATS record for most posts in a row

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Interearthling, upon what do you base your assumption that Britain will turn its back on the USA? I hope its not just the harmless 'Yank Baiting' that goes on here?

The Alliance between the US and UK is the strongest the world has ever seen and is the source of constant frustration (and jealousy?) among some of our European neighbours. As someone else has said, Israel is the ally you would want to keep the least. The hypocrisy of Israel makes me sick, but thats another debate.

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join