It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demons 101

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
reply to post by mf_luder

I have a question for you about the pre-christian or pagan demons. If it's a regional demon do the methods used by the indigenous people work better? I ask because I have wondered if all demons are the same creatures but they have to "adapt" to the local paradigm.

Sorry I didn't answer this sooner - as far as what actually works against a demon, it really depends. Mostly for demons and other things, I turn to as much lore as possible and I try to span several cultures to see if something pops more than once. Like salt. A lot of people scoff at the idea of salt, but it was being used about 3000 years ago to do the same thing and it appears in more than just one place. So - I use salt. If I see that something has worked more than once, I'll go with that.

Since demons are all technically from the same place and just appear in different parts of our world, latin exorcisms, salt, holy water - they all work. But if you find something a hoodoo witch did 500 years ago, hell - that may work just as well.

We have a saying: "Whatever works..."

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Mr. Luder,

I meant to ask you~

Have you read the book An Exorcist Tells His Story
by Father Gabriele Amorth? Or his follow up book?

He was the chief exorcist for the Vatican under Pope John Paul II. His books are very good, not at all sensationalist, written very informatively. They more are like an affirmation of the existance of evil, how to truly recognize and discern it apart from mental illness or fakery, how to prevent invitation... and the sad fact that most people deny the existance of the demon/ satan in today's world (which is very dangerous).

If you haven't read it, I strongly urge you to. As well as anyone else here who thinks they need to delve into these matters... you really have no idea the evil you are entertaining. It isn't "fun" or a "game" that you could possibly win. It really isn't.

There truly is a reason why the Latin priests and prayers are used. C'mon people!!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
If I could share for you something I have found to be very true, very real about dealings with demons or spirits, even with angels. Good spirits will not work within the normal framework of what They know and understand, they will work with what is already a part of you. With what you already know and are familiar with, and are limited by the dimensions of importance which you have approportioned to those matters of priority that circulate in your concious mind. Trust in this truth, and you eliminate plenty of psycotic nonsense that is actually very foreign to you (we hope). Put it at arms length, and counter it all, don't tire. If it makes you a more circumspective character ink the process, don't worry! It's better than the stacotto impulses of madness. Then study mind control, to avoid and find those who will defeat your personal tyrants. Then work on yourself, but you can't fix the holes in the boat until the ones spearing it are driven off. Forget the false friendship, and friends will give you a name and an allegience if you ask for it. so who do you trust?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth

Mr. Luder,

I meant to ask you~

Have you read the book An Exorcist Tells His Story
by Father Gabriele Amorth? Or his follow up book?

He was the chief exorcist for the Vatican under Pope John Paul II. His books are very good, not at all sensationalist, written very informatively. They more are like an affirmation of the existance of evil, how to truly recognize and discern it apart from mental illness or fakery, how to prevent invitation... and the sad fact that most people deny the existance of the demon/ satan in today's world (which is very dangerous).

If you haven't read it, I strongly urge you to. As well as anyone else here who thinks they need to delve into these matters... you really have no idea the evil you are entertaining. It isn't "fun" or a "game" that you could possibly win. It really isn't.

There truly is a reason why the Latin priests and prayers are used. C'mon people!!

I'll check out the book, but I think you should realize that I don't consider any of this remotely "fun" or part of any "game." But thanks for that bit of input, dude.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
but I think you should realize that I don't consider any of this remotely "fun" or part of any "game."

I meant no disrespect to you, my friend, I meant to the other people here that seem to almost want to invite or challenge & duel these demons into their lives... they are absolutely clueless of the horror and evil that they will bring into their worlds, their families, their minds, and how truly difficult it is to completely be delivered of it.

Good Luck~
God Bless you

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

I'm good. Was having a bad day that day so sorry if it seemed like I snapped at you. But you're right. There are a lot of people especially those who claim to want to be possessed who have no idea what they're dealing with.

It's sad.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Please look at this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I tried messaging you and posting comments on your page. I have a serious issue reguarding a demon....or something that has been following me everywhere ive gone my entire life. I am a soldier as well, and have nowhere to go for help. Message me back And ill give you the details. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Jesus said to cast OUT demons (Mark 16:17). He did not say to go to someone else to have your demons cast OUT. Nor did He say to cast OUT everyone else's demons and leave yours IN.

HOW YOU CAN, AND DO, HAVE DEMONS - EVERYONE HAS DEMONS, NO EXCEPTIONS (so this includes all Christians).

For those of you who demand to see a Scripture before you can believe something, there are NO Scriptures that say YOU do NOT have demons. That should settle it!

When you are Born Again as a Christian/Believer/True Worshipper, JESUS/Holy Spirit comes to abide in your SPIRIT. Demons CANNOT get INTO your Spirit.

You are a triune being - BODY, SOUL and SPIRIT. Your SOUL is your MIND, WILL and EMOTIONS.

BODY - Christians can have a sickness/disease just like the unSaved. That's caused by demons (if not caused by other factors).

SOUL - Do you have a bad temper? That's a demon. Is there mental illness in your family background? That is a demon. Do you have trouble serving God? That's a demon. Do you have problems with bad thoughts? That is a demon(s) in your mind, will or emotions.

SPIRIT - Demons cannot get into your SPIRIT, but, the demons surround your SPIRIT like a glass jar surrounds its contents, and you have trouble serving the Lord JESUS. The contents of the jar cannot get out until you remove the lid (demons). Deliverance can get rid of the demons.

Mark 1:39 - And He (Jesus) preached in their synagogues (churches) throughout ALL Galilee and CAST OUT DEMONS. (IN the church? Yes! Is your church casting out demons?) If not, pack your bags and stay home.

Know this - EVERYONE has demons, ESPECIALLY CHRISTIANS. There is no Scripture that says this. It is just a matter of FACT. There is no Scripture that says you do NOT have demons. Jesus said the demons are living INSIDE of you, not OUTSIDE. Jesus also said the demons call your body their house . Do you live OUTSIDE of your house? Neither do your demons!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Forgive me i've spent all night reading over this post, and if I missed something.... But demons that predate or that aren't bound to any religion or god...this is something i don't quite understand. and if is true that would me that it would only leave the possessed body by free will? Would you be so kind to elaborate?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bosito
reply to post by DrJay1975

Forgive me i've spent all night reading over this post, and if I missed something.... But demons that predate or that aren't bound to any religion or god...this is something i don't quite understand. and if is true that would me that it would only leave the possessed body by free will? Would you be so kind to elaborate?

Demons can't predate God
. Religion is something made by humans, Christ is a plan devised by God to free humanity from things such as evil spirits.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Crippled

In the bible, correct me if i'm mistaken, does it not give mention to "Other" Gods. And if this is true there can be demons that predate the Christan God.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Demons are the classic Genies in a lamp or JINNY's, granting wishes but swallowing your whole soul after you die for a period of gestation or indigestion if you call on God, then they poop you out into the abyss.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I would never try to summon anything let alone a demon, but good information. I think anyone who knowingly does has got a screw loose.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

What are your thoughts on calling on a spirit/guide to help guide you and reveal knowledge? Not confining them to a pentacle, but asking them to come, of their own will?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I will only say this once as it need only be said that many times. We as mortals cannot grasp the true scope of things of this nature, no matter how acute your perception or knowledge, it falls far short in this category.

We are but children with small minds walking around in a dark room at this time, never dare to dream because you are sensitive to some kind of foreign energy you can understand or control it.

Any of you how say you know how to banish, evoke or control such forces are delusional. You have no chance of winning.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It is my consensus that you may know more than the average folk about demons, but you know very little so far.... So far...

I would like to be clear that I'm not being condescending or arrogant in any way. I'm just saying if this is your current conclusion then you have a ways to go in researching this subject.
edit on 2/26/2011 by PuRe EnErGy because: clarification.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The years you have spent on this are lost to you... For if you had any real experience with it, you would not be thinking about teaching others to play with things they should not... Nah you have heard stories at best, although those tails you heard while you roamed about, sparked an intrest for you, were likely true...Know this is how he has touched you... Find something better to do with yourself...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValValient4
The years you have spent on this are lost to you... For if you had any real experience with it, you would not be thinking about teaching others to play with things they should not... Nah you have heard stories at best, although those tails you heard while you roamed about, sparked an intrest for you, were likely true...Know this is how he has touched you... Find something better to do with yourself...

I find it laughable that, having no clue who I am, you think I'm passing on information I gleaned from "tails" or "tales" - whichever you prefer. While sometimes I wonder if the years are a waste with what I've seen and done, I know that for every person I bring light to and every entity I snuff, that there's a hope that more like me are out there doing the same thing. This "intrest" or "interest" is not really something I took up willingly, it was more or less thrust upon me from a young age and I've either had to face it or pretend it's not there. Well, I found out quickly that pretending that it's not there is probably one of the most ridiculous things one can do.

I have to also ask.

Who are you speaking of when you say "he?" Are you sure that you're okay? Maybe you should seek help from someone in your area who knows something about this stuff.
edit on 28-2-2011 by mf_luder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
It is my consensus that you may know more than the average folk about demons, but you know very little so far.... So far...

I would like to be clear that I'm not being condescending or arrogant in any way. I'm just saying if this is your current conclusion then you have a ways to go in researching this subject.
edit on 2/26/2011 by PuRe EnErGy because: clarification.

So the real question is - what do you think you know?

I love when these types of comments are made. Instead of making the point of "how little I know" why don't you collaborate and share what you've apparently learned? Wouldn't that make things easier for the overall point of this thread?

No offense taken - I find it very hard to be emotionally touched by words on a screen.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join