It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demons 101

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IandEye
wow- that is a very cool assessment.
are demons ghosts?

From what I understand, not exactly. Ghosts are like personality echoes or matrices of people that manage to exist once the original host body is gone. Demons were not necessarily ever "living" beings, but somehow managed to cobble together a personality (entity) that can relate to and understand what it means to have a body, but have never had one themselves.

I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I don't think it would be wise for anyone to speak those "exorcism verses" without knowing what the words mean.

Everyone needs to research and understand these verses, before uttering them.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Visitor2012]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Have you ever played with on of those kids finger things that is easy for your finger to enter but near impossible to pull it out.

Demons seem benign entities while you are going their way...
...but try resisting them and extracting yourself from their influence...
...it's nigh impossible to extract yourself.

Try resisting and start extracting yourself from their ever tightening grip...
...and you will see how friendly they really are.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I have a few questions and feel free to answer them as you see fit.

Regarding your experience - have you actually experienced any out of body time? Do you ever recall hearing voices or feeling actual hands touching you during the experience? Does the temperature drop? Have you had any unwanted sexual contact during the experiences?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
What is a Demon?
*Note the word demon is only used because it is the Christian tag given to entities the early church did not understand and feared.

I agree with some of your stuff but not all of it.
Jesus gave the tag.
The early Church did understand because Paul was casting them out.

Alright, the current judeao-christian belief is that a demon (also known as a devil) is a spawn or henchman of satan

That is not Biblical. God created the angels and a third of them fell when Lucifer lied to them.

and that all demons are from the christian 'hell.'

That's not Biblical. They roam around on the earth.

According to them, they are all evil and work to destroy mankind.

That is correct.

So believe it or not - there are actually "good" demons out there.

That's not Biblical.
Also see the true and scientific book called, "The devil and Karen Kingston" on what demons really do. Here's the link:
hbcdelivers.s439.sureserver.com...

link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
I don't think it would be wise for anyone to speak those "exorcism verses" without knowing what the words mean. I'm not questioning the OP's intent or knowledge, but I am suggesting the possibility that all of this information could have originally been placed by those who would mislead you into summoning the demons instead of banishing them.

These are not hail mary's , this is dangerous work.

They are both latin scripture from the bible.

link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Do you have an idea or explanation as to why more demons are coming to earth now? Also, if there are demons that are less dangerous are they here for a partcular reason? Are there any entities that come to earth to do good (I believe there is as I have had this experience)?

There are more of these things around because there are more people around. Simple as that. Consciousness and intention creates reality. The more people you have, the more different perceptions of reality you have, and the more range you have in pulling reality from virtuality. Reality is something that solidifies with consensus. The more people you have around who don't go along with the consensus (more standard deviations from the mean), the more things like demons have a chance to exist. Also other semi-real things like (some) UFOs and odd monsters like Sasquatch.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
The primary sticking point I have with demons is that I can't really come up with a good scientific basis for a personality or entity existing without physical form, or inside a cohesive type of field.

See this true and scientific deliverance of a little girl in the book called, "The devil and Karen Kingston."

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

I didn't state that any were "friendly" only that the stereotype that they are ALL bad is incorrect. That's the same as saying all humans are bad.

We barely have begun to understand what demons really are much less know enough to say they are all bad. There is so much fanatical text from the church which portrays them all in a horrid light, but back then, wasn't copernicus demonized for his beliefs? I'm sorry but I can't really put much weight into the early church's view on how things work when a scientist with actual scientific data that proved their views wrong was ridiculed.

As far as demons go - they are sentient entities from another plane. I personally have NOT summoned any, but the ones I have dealt with up until now have all been causing trouble. So maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong.

The people at www.inucbisuccubae.yuku.com would be violently opposed to anything to suggest that their cavorting with demons is negative in ANY light... lol I found that out the hard way but got back in under their radar to keep doing my research.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I have a few questions and feel free to answer them as you see fit.

Regarding your experience - have you actually experienced any out of body time? Do you ever recall hearing voices or feeling actual hands touching you during the experience? Does the temperature drop? Have you had any unwanted sexual contact during the experiences?

Out of body time, there was once - the last nightmare, my dog was sleeping next to me, and something had me half out, the top half, and it was pulling my inner self overtop of my dog. I remember wondering why my dog didn't wake up, as he is really in tune with me.
No voices, ever, no touching at all in any way, and never any coldness, just fear at first. The last time I was yelling no, in my nightmare, and I snapped back, woke up, looked at my dog, and he was still asleep. It was weird.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Have you tried to erect any protective barriers or the like?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

What is a Demon?
*Note the word demon is only used because it is the Christian tag given to entities the early church did not understand and feared.

I agree with some of your stuff but not all of it.
Jesus gave the tag.
The early Church did understand because Paul was casting them out.

Alright, the current judeao-christian belief is that a demon (also known as a devil) is a spawn or henchman of satan

That is not Biblical. God created the angels and a third of them fell when Lucifer lied to them.

and that all demons are from the christian 'hell.'

That's not Biblical. They roam around on the earth.

According to them, they are all evil and work to destroy mankind.

That is correct.

So believe it or not - there are actually "good" demons out there.

That's not Biblical.
Also see the true and scientific book called, "The devil and Karen Kingston" on what demons really do. Here's the link:

The basis of what you are saying is that I'm arguing from a biblical or not biblical standpoint. I respect your views, but these things don't care about the information about them in the bible. My experiences tend to not jive with the bible as well.

I'm not saying the bible is bad - but I moved beyond that book and started doing further research.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Several months ago I had a dream that I thought I would never talk about. This seams to be the appropriate place.

The dream involves me sleeping on my side and presumably seeing clearly a being smiling and admiring my computer that was several feet away. It was like I was awake and watching this being, but I know it was a dream because I wear glasses and what I saw would be very blurry if I was awake.

The dream momentarily faded and when the dream activated again the being was aware of me and was scowling at me. It went into what I would describe as a portal and was followed by (weird, I know) a rabbit and 2 to 3 other animals.

The being was tall, 6-7 feet and was humanlike. What I really remember about it was it seemed there were lines on its face. Real, pencil-type lines that could have formed some kind of geometry.

Do you or anyone else have any idea what this was, besides being your typicle nightmare kind of dream.

It felt real and kinda freaked me out when I got up the next morning. I remembered it vividly.

I looked through the link provided, but there are so many and most do not have pictures.

I also looked at that type of website to identify it at the time.

Any help with it's identity would be appreciated.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Have you tried to erect any protective barriers or the like?

No, I sleep with 3 dogs in the bedroom, that gives me comfort against the real world, I was just hoping I had a strong enough sense of self to keep "me" in me. I had a cross I used to wear, a silver one, and I hung it on the wall when I broke out in sores in five places underneath where it lies when you are standing. Now I have a crystal instead. My friends thought it was rather funny when my skin reacted like that. I never had any religious upbringing, my Dad was a total atheist, my Mom was into the Rosicrucian studies. They have both passed away years ago.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CUin2013?

You said it had lines on its face? Do you remember if the lines were anywhere else other than it's face? Also, what color was the being?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

The basis of what you are saying is that I'm arguing from a biblical or not biblical standpoint. I respect your views, but these things don't care about the information about them in the bible. My experiences tend to not jive with the bible as well.
I'm not saying the bible is bad - but I moved beyond that book and started doing further research.

That's cool. But check out that book online. It will send chills down your spine.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
A Primer on Djinn

From arabic lore, a Djinn is a type of interfering spirit, often demonlike but not equivalent to a demon. Djinn are self-propogating and can be either good or evil. They possess supernatural powers and can be summoned in various magickal rites.

Life

The life span of a Djinn is much longer than that of humans, but they do die. They are both male and female and have children. They eat meat, bones and dung of animals. Although they can live anywhere on the planet, they prefer deserts, ruins and places of impurity such as graveyards, garbage dumps, bathrooms, camel pastures and hashish dens. They can also live in the houses where people live. They love to sit in places between the shade and the sunlight and move about when it actually gets dark outside.

Marriage

There seems to be a big controversy in Islam over whether or not it is lawful to marry a Djinn. A clan in the UAE claims to have descended from a female Djinn. Djinn do interfere in human relationships. If they fall in love with a human, they try to disrupt marriages and other relationships.

Possession

Ordinary human acts can kill or hurt Djinn without humans being aware of it and when that happens, sometimes the Djinn will possess the offender in order to take revenge on them. Although they are able to affect people's minds and bodies, they have no power over the soul. When possessed, the person appears to be insane and exhibits signs of anger, anxiety, and depression. A woman's voice will sound like a man's, and a man's voice will sound like a woman's. Physical symptoms include nausea after eating, headaches, frequent desire to fight, heavy shoulder and a constant feeling of dissatisfaction.

Asking the Djinn to leave may be enough to induce them to go, but in some cases an exorcism ritual can expel them from the body.

(This is paraphrased from an entry in The Encyclopedia of Demons & Demonology by Rosemary Ellen Guiley)

I pulled this because to date I have not personally encountered a Djinn.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

That's cool. But check out that book online. It will send chills down your spine.

No need to - I have two copies in my personal library I've already read through. Thanks for the offer though. I tend to stray away from reading books online - hate the screen glow with E-Books... there's just something about paper...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

You said it had lines on its face? Do you remember if the lines were anywhere else other than it's face? Also, what color was the being?

I think it was a brownish color. I did not see any other lines, there might have been a covering on its body - hair or clothing of some type.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I was going to say it was possibly a Djinn, amusingly enough considering the fact that a few questions were asked about them in this very thread.

What color were the lines on it's face?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join