It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thermal Energy Storage Device for Directed Energy Weapons Tested

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

That was a very informative post there

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
With some saying that energy weapons are the cause of 911 I thought it is only fair to post this as this technology is indeed in place. Was it the cause of 911? Personally I do not believe so. However, the technology is now a reality and moving closer to real world applications for sure.

"To put it into perspective, it’s the equivalent of melting about 20 pounds of ice in 13 seconds,” said Dr. Paul Clark, Manager, Advanced Power Systems of General Atomics."

lol...more examples of the Truther thought process.

Equating the current technological level whereby we can melt 20 lbs of ice in 13 seconds with, 10 years ago, bringing down a 1,200 ft. 50,000 ton steel constructed skyscraper.

Let's see...using that logic, the Wright brothers should have been able to, in 1903, take off from Kill Devil Hills in the Outer Banks of North Carolina with their new-fangled aeroplane and, instead of only flying 200 feet on their fourth flight, flown to New York City since 10 years later the aeronautical technology had advanced to the point that aircraft were flying hundreds of miles at over 100 miles per hour.

It just gets better and better! I need to do more sit-ups. My belly is aching from these things!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I thought there would be more interest in this:

"Navy demos laser powerful enough to shoot down aircraft."

dvice.com...

and this:

"Best spy vehicle ever?"

dvice.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Why is this in the 9/11 forum? It belongs in science & technology surely?

Mikelee, you even say that you don't believe this is related to 9/11 so what made you think it was a good idea to put it here? I really think it should be moved. There are about 12 people in the whole world who think this subject relates to 9/11.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwiffler

Because there are more than "12 people" who believe this. But it is interesting that such a weapon is being tested. And it does belong in this forum due to the fact that almost every thread on how the WTC Towers were destroyed, this subject seems to comes up.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by trebor451

That fact comes from a person with a Doctorate in Science nd then there is you with your anti topic rhetoric. Wonder whom I'll believe?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

That fact comes from a person with a Doctorate in Science nd then there is you with your anti topic rhetoric. Wonder whom I'll believe?

FYI...I'm not disputing the "fact" that we have a laser system now (now, as in 2010) that has the capability to store enough energy to melt 20 lbs of ice in 13 seconds. Great! Wow! How does that translate to the capability to store enough energy to destroy a 1,200 tall skyscraper made of steel? Why even bring that up? Why even equate the two? Why even post this?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by trebor451

FYI...I'm not disputing the "fact" that we have a laser system now (now, as in 2010) that has the capability to store enough energy to melt 20 lbs of ice in 13 seconds. Great! Wow! How does that translate to the capability to store enough energy to destroy a 1,200 tall skyscraper made of steel? Why even bring that up? Why even equate the two? Why even post this?

Trebor, it's my impression that it's a combination of a number of things.

One, you've got the totally illogical "If they can do THAT, then the sekret alyun tek we don't know about must be able to do 100,000,000x!" extrapolation. That actually makes sense to some truthers, and you see them wield it on nearly every thread, as if it were some sort of undeniable proof.

Two, not many truthers actually have a grasp on thermodynamics and physics, at any level. So you get people who bring up "sublimation", they look it up on wikipedia, and it immediately makes sense to them that this mass could sublimate in a few seconds. Ignoring, of course, that sublimation in most cases, and in all cases where there's a liquid phase at that pressure, is like watching paint peel. And for a lot of them, you don't even need to try to handwave sublimation or whatnot past them, they've seen Star Trek, and when the phaser is set on destroy, then it makes perfect sense that the building should glow, make a warbling noise, and vanish with a neat zoom effect. That the material will still be there isn't an issue.

Three, that lack of physics also doesn't allow them to ponder the energetics of the situation. First, of course, you'd have to posit the mechanism of "disintegration", there not being one should stop them in their tracks, but skipping past it, what amount of energy would one have to put into that mass to just convert it into vapor? That also should end the discussion at the back-of-an-envelope stage. But no. And, of course, they aren't conversant with, say, basic gas laws, so it doesn't bother them that in order to dump enough energy into the building to vaporize the materials in say, 1 or 2 seconds at most, would also increase the pressure of that vapor in a blink to thousands of atmospheres, flattening every building within miles. And of course, no one in the area would survive, much less would you have mysteriously unfried people in the street below.

Nope, on Star Trek, it goes "chiiiirp!", glows, and the disintegration stops at the edges of the building. That's good enough! Set phasers for dustify!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Let me get this straigh mike lee.......

You started numerous threads that pushed 'out there' conspiracies like pods, holograms, tv fakery which i might add no real truth investigator or 911 truther ever embraced. Then you start a thread about how you were a truther and now you believe the official story and now your back to energy weapons.

If i didnt know any better I would think that you are a 911 debunker posing as a truther to discredit the movement.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

It actually demonstrates how you along with others simply cannot understand what you read here.

First, as stated in this thread at the beginning, and you obviously missed or ignored, I posted this as information only. NOT as anything I believe in that happened on 911. The focal point of this topic is that the "energy" weapon has been tested and for a gentlemen's courtesy to others who believe in such weapons that were used on 911, it was done for them. Even though I do not believe that it was the case on 911.

Secondly, as with anyone who is performing active research to attain answers it is not unusual for beliefs to change based upon what one discovers. Unlike many here, who are simply rooted in one belief regardless of the lack of evidence to support their beliefs or thinking, others will connect with evidence they discover then re-form their beliefs. As I have done after looking deeper into the 911 debacle.

Thirdly, call me whatever makes you popular with your clique, I really don't care. I have never subscribed to any of the labels you people place upon others for the many myriad of reasons that simply make no sense other than to alienate people from talking baout what they wish to in this 911 forum.

Last, many people in this 911 forum subscribe to theorys that either have no evidence or, are made up from the mindset of promoting a conspiracy theory only. The latter does not do anything but muddy the waters we are all wading through towards the truth. Your entitled to your opinion and if you do not agree with mine then thats quite alright with me. And I respect your beliefs. Having stated this already but I will do so again, I do not believe the OS in it's total conclusion at all. No one should arrive at that conclusion either but, there is more concrete evidence to support a few explanations of what happened than to simply fight over non evidence based theorys that can never be proven. As is the case with many of these theorys floating around.

As a former career law enforcement officer I have allowed myself to drift away from much of the evidence I normally prefer, to explore some of my own and others opinions, theorys and have arrived at my own conclusions that most simply cannot or never will be proven to anyone's total satisfaction. There is a lot of unanswered questions & concerns regarding 911 and I as everyone else, have many questions that are still not answered. I do not trust our government's OS in many aspects of 911 but regarding those I have posted, I believe thats what happened and I'm satisfied even if others are not.

Have a good one SH.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Gosh do you just like to bitch & gripe or what?

Its related to some of the theorys here on ATS posted by members who think the weapon was around on 911. This clearly demostrates that it was not. Nothing more, nothing less.

[edit on 6/11/2010 by mikelee]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join