It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather has Conspiracy Theorists Strung Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Weather has Conspiracy Theorists Strung Out

www.theage.com.au

INEXPLICABLY odd images on Bureau of Meteorology radar. Cyclones off the Australian coast and the most intense storm to hit Melbourne in living memory. A controversial US military facility in Alaska suspected of research into weather control …

It sounds like the plot of a sci-fi conspiracy thriller. In the past five months, the Bureau of Meteorology's weather radar has indeed recorded a number of very strange patterns - rings, loops, starbursts - at a number of places, including Melbourne, Broome and central Queensland, suggestive of some sort of massive interference.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I am not much into all the HAARP theories going around but understand that there are some folks on ATS that are interested in the possibilities surrounding this project.

I wish the article included some images of the suspected anomalies that have been popping up on Australian weather radar, if someone knows of any, or any threads that have them please let us know.

www.theage.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Cloud Coverage Maps/Pictures

I'm not much into this either, but interesting reading sometimes when I'm bored.

EDIT:

More

[edit on 5-6-2010 by broahes]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
"Sci-fi conspiracy thriller"...that made me laugh. While I don't know anything about this particular case, HAARP, weather control and chemtrails are a very real thing which needs to be discussed in the public openly. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case again, just like in many cases. Are there any pictures available or any info on power outages or large power consumption from the facility during those observed anomalies?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
All the anomalies are known within the Bureau (my employer). Each has its own explanation, and each occurs more often than people think. Because we get the raw data (the radars actually sit on top of our met offices, or in towers next to the office), we probably see them more often than the general public, so none of this is new to us.

The below image is of the ring of fire anomaly, which occurs quite frequently with radars in Indonesia, but has only occured once here in Australia. It occurs when arcing is present in the magnetron

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb6f73d116c5.jpg[/atsimg]

The below two are more common examples of radar anomalies, caused by equipment malfunction (first one from Broome, the second from longreach or charleville, cant remember which)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f636f85d1e05.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e1caceb917d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Well....HAARP has become just another "catch-all" in the continuing blather from many, many conspiracy theorists. The rise of the Internet in the last decade (heard the Web referred to as the 'mesh' the other day...maybe that moniker might stick, as it continues to evolve?) just adds to the chaos, and misconceptions.

I'll remain somewhat sceptical, considering the source...although, this bit redeemed them at the end:

The executive officer of Australian Skeptics, Tim Mendham, pointed out that Mr Andrews ''believes in every conspiracy going - [end of the world in] 2012, crop circles, everything''.

I especially liked this assessment, it is so apt around here, too:

Mr Mendham said Mr Andrews, and others of his ilk, had no evidence to support their theories but it was no use pointing this out.''There's no way of arguing with someone who claims it's a cover-up,'' he said. ''No matter how much scientific evidence you give them, they can't give up. If someone gives them evidence disproving their theory they move sideways.''

LOL! How true!

Now, the coup-de-grace:

The Sunday Age tried to contact Mr Andrews, who is based in the US, but there was no reply. That could be because, according to his website, he was in Oregon for last weekend's 11th annual UFO Festival.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that...the UFO Festival, I mean).

I'd say, on first whim, that a more prosaic explanation, other than HAARP, would be far more likely for odd weather. History has recorded other strange, and unseasonable weather occurences, in the past....and before HAARP ever existed.

The el Nino / el Nina phenomenon in the Pacific Ocean, for instance, when active can alter quite a few weather patterns in the Northern Hemisphere.

I would think that more study of things similar, perhaps in some southern ocean waters, or on landmasses, or some high-altitude wind patterns, etc, could be investigated, and better attributed to these occurences than the HAARP array -- that's more than half-way around the World!

(And, HAARP's energy outputs are insufficient to achieve all of these 'effects' that so many claim it is capable of...even if it WERE possible!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit to see that Oz must be burning the midnight oil, Down Under! So, now that he's chimed in.....

[edit on 5 June 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Thanks broahes and Oz for linking to those ..

I can see how some would be freaking out if they were seeing these kinds of results off of the radar.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Interesting pictures, Ozman. They rather remind me of things I created with my Spirograph when I was a kid.

But if I understand you correctly, these aren't real "things" occurring in the atmosphere, but glitches in the radar?

Geometric patterns occurring in the atmosphere like that could lead in some interesting directions.. crop circles come to mind.. but they aren't real? Do I understand correctly?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hhott

Thats right

Weather radar are calibrated so they only pick up precipitation. Occasionally they pick up virga (precipitation not reaching the ground), and low cloud, but nothing like the images suggest.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I often see these as i look at radar often .after some messages were sent to the bureau they put up a message saying if you notice spirals on radar its due to interference.Here is a link to Colin Andrews website

www.colinandrews.net...

new topics

top topics

join