It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titan: Nasa scientists discover evidence 'that alien life exists on Saturn's moon'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

No actually... THanks for the sarcasm... Because it was on a news site... And you know what... It happens to be missing form that news site currently.....

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Don't you find that a bit odd? We should follow up and ask where the heck it is... Certainly the telegraph kept a copy someplace

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by amari
The photo that I had seen of the Planet Mercury's surface from the

Mariner 10 mission was presented by an individual who is an award

winning science writer and attended Cambridge. ^Y^

Thanks for the information, but I don't understand why you just didn't post it here. I have to say that source of the Titan photo is at best questionable. It could have very easily been photo-shopped, or not even a picture of Titan. I'm afraid the same may hold true for the Mercury photo.

But, I haven't seen either one so......

Anything is possible, I know what I had seen in the original photo of

the shoreline and if it makes you happy that you think it was photo

shopped so be it. The real question is when was the so called

Titan photo shopped or what ever they call it by mission control? ^Y^

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Not sure where you are going with this?

I want to see pictures of "ports" and "lighthouses"......what I don't want is for you (or anyone else) to tell me that the pictures where there........but that aren't any more.......and then to link me to a report that has absolutely nothing to do with your claims.

Where are the images of "ports" , "lighthouses" and statues of "deers heads"?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
F'd and the S.

Baby steps., but great news none-the-less.

Even if "people" have already "known" this and it's been discussed in other circles, the important thing here is that it's being acknowledge by NASA and thus will trickle down to common knowledge in society. Which means more research, missions and exploration. Last time I checked, NASA is the accepted primary authority on extraterrestrial research and exploration. That doesn't translate to them being competent or capable. But, they're who the general public understand as such. And that is what will ultimately secure further physical investigation.

"People" can theorize and observe data all day long, but until we witness life by direct observance, it's nothing but talking heads.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

I want to see pictures of "ports" and "lighthouses"......what I don't want is for you (or anyone else) to tell me that the pictures where there........but that aren't any more.......and then to link me to a report that has absolutely nothing to do with your claims.

The report i linked you to has a missing photo... The caption is "NASA captured this partial highly detailed view of a lake on Titan"

The photo is now missing,,, how much more in line with my claims can you get!!?!?!?!??

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

The original detailed photo that I had seen 5 1/2 years ago of Titan's

shoreline no longer exists containing ports, structures and a

lighthouse. Yes I have saved the photo of the deer humanoid statue

of the Planet Mercury taken by a fly by from the Mariner 10 mission.

The specific photo is from a compilation of photos he has presented

but I believe he did not realize the statue was in the photos or it

probably would have never made it to the public. I have never seen

this particular photo of Mercury on line but I hold it in my possession.

Why do you think NASA went to all that expense again to send the

Messenger Satellite Mission to Mercury? One reason is Mariner 10

showed signs of ice at both poles and the first fly by by Messenger in

2009 they again verified ice on the North and South Poles of the

oldest planet in the Solar system, Mercury.

NASA and myself know of this statue plus other statues, but the deer

humanoid statue is positively there on Mercury. NASA is intrigued by

the unique geology of Mercury among other things and this is why the

orbiting Messenger Mission is scheduled to map the planet Mercury

starting March of 2011.

I am sorry I do not comply to your wishes about knowing where the

original photo I had seen from Titan because it was changed and I

can not find the original. ^Y^

[edit on 5-6-2010 by amari]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Are these the images you were after?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f14df5056f3c.jpg[/atsimg]

There are more in this article...Titan Images.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Those are exactly the ones i saw before! Thank you so much!!!!

Now to examine them more closely!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakemil
ever wonder what alien life would taste like? I would love to cook and eat some of this new life, you know be the first to eat an alien. you guys on ats could settle for being the first to meet or discover alien life, but ill just settle for being the first human to eat an alien.

im not talking the intelegent kind, just like their version of a pig. things to think about if i ever get abducted

Hilarious.

I think whatever we're able to prepare from any life that might be on Titan would be more like Nori - roasted seaweed sheets - used in preparing sushi.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
We are barking up the wrong tree if we imagine that alien life in the universe must of necessity be based on water. But that may not be the case at all. They could be based on hydrocarbons and silicon and other combinations that we are unaware of.

That means their whole chemistry is radically different. The molecules must be made of a wider variety of elements than we use, but put together in smaller molecules.

I think its high time we start looking at out-of-the-box theories on the possibility of life in the universe and not basing everything entirely on Earth templates.

If there's evidence of life on Titan, there could be life on Saturn and probably other planets too. But perhaps not as we know it. It would be so radically different that we may not be able to even recognize it. But I guess it's only a matter of time when we discover that we are perhaps not alone after all!

Interesting and exciting times are ahead!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nophun

or with all the lies nasa tells, the truth is we are at war with the titans and there about to attack..........................

(giant leaps)

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I see the words "could" in the Nasa story but that is hardly conclusive evidence.. When someone comes up with an explanation/theory you can't just call it evidence, right? Just my opinion. So at least in that sense this headline from the infamous "telegraph" is just there to mislead.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
"They warned, however, that there could be other explanations for the findings."

That statement is a direct quote from JPL in the Telegraph article. Lets eliminate all the other explanations before we state categorically it is life.

This is typical of the mainstream media just trying to get some ratings and website hits to increase their advertising revenue by misrepresenting facts and manipulating peoples' emotions.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Apologies, the statement I quoted above is from someone at NASA Ames not NASA JPL.

Just to clarify things.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Hi Kandisky, the photos of Titan you have presented do not even

come close to the detail of the photo I originally had seen 5 1/2 years

ago. I will keep searching for the original and the photo that I remember

seeing showed perfect multiple rectangular docking ports parallel to the

shoreline and taken at a lower altitude. Thanks for posting someone

somewhere has had to have saved this photo I am telling about. ^Y^

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
why not send the next vogager to titan
even mars to the pyramid areas

why they dont make solar powered vogager
and also act as a tramsmitter so we can go beyond mars

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Until they have found some life, as in seen it or captured one of them there is no proof. By analyzing the atmosphere and guessing "oh bet there´s life here" isn´t good enough imo

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakemil
reply to post by john124

ever wonder what alien life would taste like? I would love to cook and eat some of this new life, you know be the first to eat an alien. you guys on ats could settle for being the first to meet or discover alien life, but ill just settle for being the first human to eat an alien.

im not talking the intelegent kind, just like their version of a pig. things to think about if i ever get abducted

Aliens taste just like CHICKEN!

[edit on 6-6-2010 by jupiter869]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
on new scientist now..
www.newscientist.com...

headline~
Hints of life found on Saturn moon

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
to me the big news is that it could be a non-oxygen based life form, which would-

1. mean there would be more life evolving out there, not just our type.

2. give credence to the idea that there could be many other different types of life besides the oxy/and hydrogen based

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join