It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titan: Nasa scientists discover evidence 'that alien life exists on Saturn's moon'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Titan: Nasa scientists discover evidence 'that alien life exists on Saturn's moon'

www.telegrap h.co.uk

Evidence that life exists on Titan, one of Saturn’s biggest moons, appears to have been uncovered by Nasa scientists.

Researchers at the space agency believe they have discovered vital clues that appeared to indicate that primitive aliens could be living on the planet.

Data from Nasa's Cassini probe has analysed the complex chemistry on the surface of Titan, which experts say is the only moon around the planet to have a dense atmosphere.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Here's the link to the NASA report - www.nasa.gov...

They have discovered that life forms could be breathing in the planet’s atmosphere and also feeding on its surface’s fuel.

Chris McKay, an astrobiologist at Nasa Ames Research Centre, at Moffett Field, California who led the research, said:

“We suggested hydrogen consumption because it's the obvious gas for life to consume on Titan, similar to the way we consume oxygen on Earth.
"If these signs do turn out to be a sign of life, it would be doubly exciting because it would represent a second form of life independent from water-based life on Earth.”

They say there could be other explanations, but lifeforms breathing and eating is a possible explanation as to why there's a lack of chemicals on the surface.

www.telegrap h.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-6-2010 by john124]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Wow.

It's not 100%, but if it turns out to be true, then today will be an enormously historic day in humanity's history.

The first contact (or at least the first contact made public).

Absolutely fascinating. I wonder how long it will be before they can confirm or deny the theory for certain.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Open article
ctrl + f
"alien" 0 results
"extra terrestr-" 0 results

Aw man, your title got me so excited. Then I read this:

"We have a lot of work to do to rule out possible non-biological explanations. It is more likely that a chemical process, without biology, can explain these results - for example, reactions involving mineral catalysts."

Dangit.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I think this is being discussed in a previous thread.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
lol funny because i read this
earlier on a different thread and people were already trying to debunk it. claiming that the info was taken from a fake news site now its up on nasa lmao @ them pwned anyways this isnt surprising at all maybe grays live there who the heck knows

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
We are talking microbial here not "grays".

Baby steps.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

ever wonder what alien life would taste like? I would love to cook and eat some of this new life, you know be the first to eat an alien. you guys on ats could settle for being the first to meet or discover alien life, but ill just settle for being the first human to eat an alien.

im not talking the intelegent kind, just like their version of a pig. things to think about if i ever get abducted

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
i dont really believe theres greys in titan. im just trying to say that most of us already know life is out there.. the universe is so massive.. anyways i once saw a show on the history channel on howlife would look like on titan. they showed some weird primate entities that are like bacteria

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakemil
reply to post by john124

ever wonder what alien life would taste like? I would love to cook and eat some of this new life, you know be the first to eat an alien. you guys on ats could settle for being the first to meet or discover alien life, but ill just settle for being the first human to eat an alien.

im not talking the intelegent kind, just like their version of a pig. things to think about if i ever get abducted

I'm with this guy, bring on the livestock.

Anyway, isn't this old news? Like Europa life and all that? I've been hearin about this for yrs, I see they've made no progress as usual

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jakemil

i do i would eat a grays heart aztec style
we already know the bastards carry human body parts on their ships. pregnate our women and implant us with alien tech

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

This is not evidence, Jesus Christ!!!

This is evidence that life could potentially live in that place.

I don't see any evidence of life..

If I missed it please fill me in.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Contact with microbes?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

im not talking the intelegent kind, just like their version of a pig...

Those would be humans, genius.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

reply to post by john124

ever wonder what alien life would taste like? I would love to cook and eat some of this new life, you know be the first to eat an alien.

That'd be something.

Even making a simple paste out of alien microbes would suffice. I'd eat it with Pâté and crackers just for the feeling of satisfaction I'd get from eating aliens with Pâté - the taste would be a secondary experience.

*Jake, hopefully we'll get our chance. If not us, our descendants will.

Oh yes, Aliens will be eaten.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by drwizardphd

Contact with microbes?

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of first contact with an alien species.

Not really the Star Trek "welcome to the Galactic Federation" sort of contact.

It is still an enormous step for humanity, if it turns out to be accurate.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Maybe you could share a platter with your Squirrels ?

This is great news that NASA is finally sharing what they have known for years even if it is some what vague.

Ocker

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

You could possibly the paste up with some spices and make a curry

Anyhow, very interesting info...Would be great if it turned out there was something living up there!! Mind you...it wouldn't be the first time NASA got it wrong

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nophun

No we are not. they specifically said something was "Breathing" up there.

This to me is a to big a leap to take with the available data. 5 years ago NASA would never had said anything like this.

They would have had a group of people working out any other ways this gas could have been used. ANY explanation, other than life.

I think they have more evidence, much more compelling evidence about this moon. to support this claim of exraterrestial life.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
reply to post by nophun

This to me is a to big a leap to take with the available data. 5 years ago NASA would never had said anything like this.

They would have had a group of people working out any other ways this gas could have been used. ANY explanation, other than life.

I think they have more evidence, much more compelling evidence about this moon. to support this claim of exraterrestial life.

Its funny that you say "NASA would never have said anything like this 5 years ago". Are you forgetting the discoveries of Europa's oceans and Enceladus' geysers? Or maybe the discovery that mars once was a wet planet, which was made a few years ago by the martian rovers. If you recall these discoveries, special emphasis has been placed on the possibility that these environments may have been / may be hospitable to forms of life. But there has been no smoking gun. I see it the exact opposite as you- NASA is using every possible resource to track down the scent of life elsewhere in the solar system, however fleeting.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join