It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prescott, Ariz., elementary school to 'whiten' image of child in mural

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Your absolutely right turkey, the info is about 2 weeks old, and yet we still hear about it daily huh? Unfortunately I hate to inform you, but the chances of Az., being overrun on any of their legislation is slim to none...but nice try to instigate an arguement~

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Surely as a moderator, you would know that a site of this magnitude is gonna have differences of opinions. You honestly cant expect adults exercising the 1st amendment to not argue or disagree?
Surely the designer of this site, regardless of rules and restrictions, wanted a little bantering, regardless of tone~
My point is, if these people wish to " be baited" as you claim, then thats their own ignorance~ Let'em...brings in good differences of perception~

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Perhaps you are one of those who just likes to throw the phrase straw man around when you dont actually know what it means. People with such tendencies usually resort to using that phrase when they are fresh out of original ideas.

I asked a simple question about someone being upset when an artist was asked to whiten an image. I was curious to know if that same person was upset when it went into reverse.... ie turning a white into a minority.

Nope. Apparently you forgot what you actually posted. What you did was "ask" if someone was offended by SOMETHING ELSE and then state that they would be a hypocrite if not.

You set up an argument - the 9/11 memorial - and then disparaged the imaginary person who was not offended then but is now. STRAW MAN.

You made up a fictional argument that NO ONE IN THIS THREAD MADE and then made a point against it.

Should I explain it a few more ways for you?

Let me show you.

Were you equally upset when they included a black featured statue in the 9/11 firefighter memorial? All 3 firefighters who actually raised the flag were white, but due to politically correct concerns, they included in black firefighter helping to raise the flag.

Where in the OP is this mentioned making it relevant? It seems whoefully off topic to me. Perhaps you can explain otherwise?

If you are not equally upset about that, then you are a hypocrite.

I see, because you already had your response ready for the imaginary person who did not agree with what you planned on arguing for. Unless you can show me the post where someone was being a hypocrite or justifying one over another? Can you do that? That would do nicely to fix the straw man thing for you. Find the real argument that you seem to think has been made thus labeling someone a potential hypocrite. U2U me when you get it all figured out so I do not have to waste time checking in on you. Thanks.

Now if you would like to start a thread about that, I would be happy to come there and explain to you that I, nor anyone else in this thread has said that that was ok when this is not.

This here is a completely separate event all on its own. The opinions expressed are ones of this, not anything that happened in NYC for 9/11. The very fact that the first thing you did was divert attention from the topic presented in the OP shows a severe lack in genuine interest in logical discourse.

It should not matter who goes to the school and how many. Obviously this child goes to that school so why on Earth should anyone justify whitening his picture?

How many of you would feel ok with your race being changed in a picture of you?

[edit on 5-6-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SurefireII

Not when it is clearly off topic and filled with snide comments. Debate and argument are not the same thing. You are welcome to passionate debate.

Please stay on topic.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

good point~

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I grew up in Prescott and have been an Arizonan for nearly all my life. I grew up in a very diverse neighborhood with many 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation Hispanic Americans. If the story is accurate, I am greatly embarassed for my small hometown that still has a very proud hispanic haritage.
On a side note- I left Prescott when I was 19 due to the great influx of new residents from California ( the small community quadrupled in size in just about five years).
Don't you dare try to call Arizonans racists in regards to 1070. The United States has always been a melting pot of cultures from around the world, peoples that waited in line and endured great hardships to have a chance to share what we still call the American Dream. Don't try to imply that a group of foreign invaders that have no respect for our laws ( some even fly the mexican flag in their yard) some how have a right to enjoy our great country all the while they spit on our laws and steal our resources.
Don't make this an issue of race!
Just wondering which laws I should be alowed to circumvent as an actual U.S. citizen. I can't avoid taxes, I can't avoid auto insurance ( Arizona requires mandatory auto isurance), I can't wad up my traffic violations and not appear, I can't use the hospitals like the free clinic, and my punishment for larger crimes isn't a one way airline ticket to Anywhere Mexico where I can be back at the border in twenty four hours to slip under the fence or swim the Rio Grande.
Don't tread on US!!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by illusions

If YOU, yourself were painting a HUGE and I mean HUGE mural
on the front of a public school,
would YOU, yourself not be considerate enough
to think of equally representing children of various races
so that children of all races would feel welcome?????

But they did...they used kids from the school and they are of different races. I don't think they have every single race represented...but that is probably because not every race goes to the school.

The thing is that it shouldn't be abour race at all...it should be about the students. Students were chosen to be honored on the mural...the town should be proud of the students regardless of the color of their sking.

This controversy isn't the fault of the students chosen, the artist that painted it, or the school that had it painted. It is the fault of the racist people that are complaining that a brown kid is on the mural and they want him whitewashed.

For anyone to say that it is the fault of the public servant that authorized the mural is just excusing the racists people who are complaining about this mural.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

This controversy isn't the fault of the students chosen, the artist that painted it, or the school that had it painted. It is the fault of the racist people that are complaining that a brown kid is on the mural and they want him whitewashed.

The controversy is the plan of the NWO that wants to destroy the American Middle Class. Cheap Hispanic and Mexican Indian labor is their method. The minimum wage in Mexico is 50 cents an hour so these people are happy to work in the US. America in 1960 was 89 percent white,9 percent black and 2 percent other. White people are now the minority in Ten percent of counties in the US.
Anyone born in the last 30 years that is posting here is living in world transmogrified by the NWO elite. The open borders policy is aimed at creating a Union between the USA and MExico.
This is a conspiracy site and this is a conspiracy.
The OP is deluded. He is in a jungle and cant see ten feet in front of him.

You would think that the inhabitants of a country would have a right as to who comes into that country. Yet they never were asked. Not once in the last 50 years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join