It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The more you know, the more you know... you don't know!"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hi everyone-

I picked this title for my introductory thread because they that is the phrase that I keep coming back to with every nugget of information that I am able to gather about how truly screwed up this world of ours truly is.

Basically, I find myself posting to this site because I was informed by a very trusted source, that this is one of the few places I can engage in intelligent conversation and debate about meaningful subjects.

I'm not much to worry about things that are out of my control, but I'm also not one that keeps his head in the sand in order to avoid doing anything... I'm actually quiet the opposite.

Considering how the government is systematically taking away all of my god given rights and means of controlling any aspect of my life...
I thought I'd reach out to other people that have wandered out of the fog of "un-reality" TV, corporate sponsored news broadcasts, and mindless regurgitation of similarly meaningless distractions to what is really affecting our lives and our futures.

So thank you for reading my initial rant. I look forward to hearing opinions that aren't feed to me through mass media and advertising agencies.

All the best,
maydayk15

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by maydayk15

Hi maydayk15, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS maydayk15 !

just wondering,what sort of things interest you?
anyway i hope you enjoy your time here and find this as useful a resource as i do.

~meathead

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Welcome to an awesome forum and fantastic community.

Enjoy your stay.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Hi Maydayk15,

Welcome to ATS. Your intro title struck a deep chord with me as one of my most profound realisations was that I would never 'know' - but had to keep going and trying anyway.

Think it's good not to worry about everything - not enough time for that. But to keep an awareness is great. (What's TV by the way? Don't think I've watched on for a coule of years now !

Peace

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I know. You know?

Welcome aboard.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Welcome aboard mayday!
You're right, ATS can be one of the most coherent and civilized locations on the internet for these forms of alternative topics. However, things can get a little hairy at times. My only advice would be to avoid posting anything that will promote hostility or provoke other members into derailing a topic or conversation. A well maintained board is due to well maintained threads. And ALL well maintained threads are due to well maintained discourse.
Other than that. Thumbs up and welcome to the jungle! Hope you find something super interesting and donate your thoughts and insight!
- patmac

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

its great to have you here with us and i look forward to seeing you around the boards,

And that trusted source im sure is correct in sending you here,
any friend of theres is a friend of ours,

Look forward to seeing you around,

Asala

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Welcome...I like your title...reminds me of one of my favorite quotes.

As for me, all I know is that I know nothing - Socrates

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Welcome!

Great to have another one willing to open his mind a bit.
I understand you are a great photographer, are we going to see some of those?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

Hey meathead-
Thanks for replying!

My interests are basically, not limited to and not in any particular order:

-Learning my rights, or if I ever really had any.
-The War on Terror- How can an army defeat an emotion?
-Outlawing derivatives and naked short selling. -Who deemed them legal to begin with?
-9/11- People are really satisfied with that explanation?
-etc
-etc

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

That is entirely possible!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

"-Learning my rights, or if I ever really had any.
-The War on Terror- How can an army defeat an emotion?
-Outlawing derivatives and naked short selling. -Who deemed them legal to begin with?
-9/11- People are really satisfied with that explanation?
-etc
-etc"

maydayk15,

Then i think you settled in the right place my friend! I myself just joined last month after lurking in the background for quite some time.
glad to have you aboard as the more people who contribute help flesh out emerging ideas.

~meathead

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by maydayk15
reply to post by locster

That is entirely possible!

I will be looking forward to that!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

maydayk15, welcome to ATS friend enjoy it to the fulliest and it is a well kept internet community you just got to know how to sift through the insanity and you will awaken to more things abroad worth knowing.

new topics

top topics

join