It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American flag burned...in England

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theomi

Originally posted by neo96
i wish someone to tell flag manufactures to start making flags out of flame retardent materials

flag burning especially ours is totally unacceptable.

people tout this is free speech but its not its hate speach.

i wonder what the brits would think that if i urinated then torched the union jack if they would have a problem with it.

See this is what i think is funny, when people drew muhammad its freedom of speech..
But burning a flag is not?

Thats not speech is it? if we truely condone freedom of action then how can we protest hitler killing the jews? kk Thnx

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos
I hope Americans see it for what it is, one lone idiot burning a flag. he acted on his own, I really hope they don't look into it any deeper than that.

We have alot of idiots here in the UK, they don't speak for anyone else but themselves.

well saud Tykonos,
as a scouser myself and a liverpool fan I will not apologise on behalf of what I endearingly term "a scumbag" who was acting purely to gain attention like a little schoolboy. You shouldn't get worked up about a person who has
a. a low IQ
b. odds on lived on benefits all his life because he can't be bothered to work
and
c. thinks what he does is funny as he believes everyone who sees it will think he is the height of political satire!
most fans although hating Hicks and Gillet for lumbering the club they love with one hell of a debt DO NOT blame America as a whole for this so don't take it to seriously.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
nothing like a few beers and a bit of a gathering and burning of other countries flags after a hard days work!

dont worry liverpoll fc a proper crap anyway..xxxlol

on a brighter note(lol) i predict the next nwo ffa will be very close to the building that houses the evidence from the SEC on goldman sacks... and any other major evidence thats stored around the states that they may want gone!

football is just as bad as religion!! it causes nothing but agro and it doesnt really get you anywhere in life!!

peace out

xx

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
if my memory serves me right this isnt the first time an american company has dumped its debt onto an english football club . i may be wrong but MUFC and pompey spring to mind

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Nationalism is stupid anyway.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lurch

I think Congress should pass a law authorizing the military to help those who wish to burn our flag, with a little napalm!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

You sound pretty brainwashed there, buddy.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
There is one thing that is 100% certain.

...I bet that scouser stole the flag

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby
There is one thing that is 100% certain.

oooooooooooohhhh! naughty lol, it's a possibility

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well I saw Channel 4 news and they were discussing the BP Scandal. I saw an american protestor standing on the union Flag on some steps. It may have been a painted flag but the intent was clear.

I guess we are now quits and possibly at war! Dual nationals like myself may be interned

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
Well I saw Channel 4 news and they were discussing the BP Scandal. I saw an american protestor standing on the union Flag on some steps. It may have been a painted flag but the intent was clear.

I guess we are now quits and possibly at war! Dual nationals like myself may be interned

I'm sure if you've got/into motorbikes and ask nice, they'll inter you on the Isle of Mann ready for the TT races

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Doesnt the owners also own the Tampa Bay Bucs? I live in Tampa and like football alot but Im not blaming them for trying a biz venture even if it ruined my team financially. In the end the Bucs still sux but it does not make me angry at the owner.

Think I am missing somthing from this story. What exactly does there debt have to do with anything?? Times are tuff and personally I am in debt as well but I would not want NIssan to boycott me cuss I own there car that I am in debt over. "spent 30k modding my Z and owe 9.5k on the mods alone"

What has this caused and how is it intentional?? Understanding this might help americans see your point of view instead of us only seeing flag burning tards.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Just goes to show no country has a monopoly on stupidity.

However, there is also a cultural difference in play.

Its worth noting that Brits generally don't attach the same deep meaning to flags that americans do. For example we don't at any point in our upbringing pledge allegiance to the flag etc. (or anything else for that matter). We don't take defacement of symbols particularly seriously.

When we see foreigners burning our flag its normally a source of amusement more than anything.

Its not intended as the magnitude of insult it may be mistaken for. These people aren't bright enough to figure it out...

[edit on 10-6-2010 by justwokeup]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

I'm sure if you've got/into motorbikes and ask nice, they'll inter you on the Isle of Mann ready for the TT races

Your wee spelling mistake made me chuckle...inter. Especially when it concerns motorbikes and about a thread about football protests.

Inter Milan fans took a lambretta scooter up to the 2nd tier of the San Siro and launched it onto the pitch at protest of how the club was being run.

...that's what a protest is all about. The Italians have got it nailed when it comes to protests.

All this stuff about the British being the most passionate people about football is just rubbish.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Your wee spelling mistake made me chuckle...inter. Especially when it concerns motorbikes and about a thread about football protests.

Inter Milan fans took a lambretta scooter up to the 2nd tier of the San Siro and launched it onto the pitch at protest of how the club was being run.

...that's what a protest is all about. The Italians have got it nailed when it comes to protests.

All this stuff about the British being the most passionate people about football is just rubbish.

Lol, thanks for catching the typo, tho I think given your story I've leave it as is
and am glad it made you chuckle... BTW thanks for the story, I learn something new all the time

I was in Italy in 90 and watched the Italy vs England game with a few hundred Italians (me the only England Suporter) in a motorway service station just outside Naples.. Amazing people, and your right about the passion.. I didn't care that we (England) lost the play off's, was a fantastic night and I ended up sleeping the beers off in my car..

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

I hope so! What a waste of money otherwise... I'll bet you can get a bag of scag for the price of a decent sized flag!
Hmmm... There's a business opportunity outside a few British football clubs going here. Selling American flags bundled up with lighter fuel & lighters. Or perhaps the stars & stripes pretreated with salt peter plus a blue touch paper on a corner.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum
reply to post by Knobby

I hope so! What a waste of money otherwise... I'll bet you can get a bag of scag for the price of a decent sized flag!
Hmmm... There's a business opportunity outside a few British football clubs going here. Selling American flags bundled up with lighter fuel & lighters. Or perhaps the stars & stripes pretreated with salt peter plus a blue touch paper on a corner.

put in a green and gold carrier bag and you'll make a mint at old trafford

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
too many people hold far too much respect for a simple piece of clloth which holds no real meaning other than the ones who gave it meaning decades back.. i have had many people absolutely outraged by this happening from time to time, and i guess i just dont get itl
And ohhh the 4th of July is craziness when you cant walk down a street of shops or houses or be passed by cars that are litterly plastered in the american flag, its disgusting over all, or maybe it just goes with my not being at all patriotic! it just seems excessive like nothing else...
great thread OP, thank you for sharing this

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by robbinsj
Doesnt the owners also own the Tampa Bay Bucs? I live in Tampa and like football alot but Im not blaming them for trying a biz venture even if it ruined my team financially. In the end the Bucs still sux but it does not make me angry at the owner.

Think I am missing somthing from this story. What exactly does there debt have to do with anything?? Times are tuff and personally I am in debt as well but I would not want NIssan to boycott me cuss I own there car that I am in debt over. "spent 30k modding my Z and owe 9.5k on the mods alone"

What has this caused and how is it intentional?? Understanding this might help americans see your point of view instead of us only seeing flag burning tards.

No, that is Malcolm Glazer and he owns Manchester United and he is in debt, he is borrowing the clubs money to finance his own debt. ManchesterUnited are now $1.1 billion in debt because of this guy.

action.joinmust.org...

[edit on 11-6-2010 by pazcat]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by airvicemarshal

You're entitled to your opinion, but I draw the line where you claim you speak for everyone in the UK. No one I know is currently angry with the American people. Maybe their government, but certainly not the American people. Right now as a Brit, I'm more p##### with BP and their total lack of respect for the environment. Basically everything you said has nothing to do with the American people, but everything to do with our previous government, who thankfully are no more.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join