It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A History of Israel and Palestine as Not Portrayed by the MSM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
*****Introduction: A Background to the Israeli / Palestinean Conflict*****

After reading the forums on AboveTopSecret, it certainly seems to me that the liberal mainstream media are attempting to purposefully provoke Israel into attacking their ships so that they can create an incident. It also appears to me that the populace seems to be eating up all the sound bytes the media throws them without even bothering to research the situation for themselves. Therefore, I felt it prudent to make an attempt at researching the history of Israel for myself.

In this thread, I will first examine the history of Israel post World War II, depicting a history of the Arab world that, as far as I can tell, purposefully attacks the Jews simply out of hatred.

I will attempt to find any motivations the Arab world might have besides simple hatred of Jews in its crusade against their country and justification for setting up the Jewish state as well, if either exist... viewpoints and information regarding this would be appreciated.

Also, after the history is examined, I will attempt to do some research into claims that I hear about the Jewish people are preventing basic resources such as food from entering Gaza and examine what happened on the Turkish vessel. It might also be interesting to find out what Obama's stance on Israel is. But this will probably have to happen in a second post.

****Part One: Hamas Rocket Attacks from the Gaza Strip Since 2001*****

Palestinean Hamas has fired over 8,600 rockets from the Gaza Strip into Israel. Not only that, their tactics aren't noble either.

"Khaled Jaabari, Gaza commander of the al-Aqsa Martyr's Brigades, said that the group uses Google Earth to determine targets. Rocket fire is often timed for the early morning when children head to school."

What are the Palestinian motives for the attack?

"[Hamas] regards the whole of historic Palestine as Islamic land and therefore views the state of Israel as an occupier, though it has offered a 10-year "truce" if Israel withdraws to the lines held before the war of 1967. It therefore generally justifies any actions against Israel, which has included suicide bombings and rocket attacks, as legitimate resistance. Specifically in Gaza, it argued that Israel's blockade justified a counter-attack by any means possible."

en.wikipedia.org...

*****Part Two: Israel and Egypt Blockade the Gaza Strip*****

What is this? It turns out that both Israel and Egypt have been blockading the Gaza strip since 2007, after Hamas won the Palestinean elections in 2006 and then attacked its rival Palestinean party, Fatah, and took control of the Palestinean territory in the Battle of Gaza. This was a messy battle, fought on both sides by Palestineans.

"Human Rights Watch accused both sides with violations of international humanitarian law, in some cases amounting to war crimes. The accusations include the targeting and killing of civilians, public executions of political opponents and captives, throwing prisoners off high-rise apartment buildings, fighting in hospitals, and shooting from a jeep marked with "TV" insignias. The International Committee of the Red Cross has denounced attacks in and around two hospitals in the northern part of the Gaza strip."

en.wikipedia.org...(2007)

What else is going on with this blockade? Well, it turns out that Israel has been very agreeable with Egypt, even agreeing to leave the border open even as the Palestineans continue to violate cease-fire agreements. It also turns out that Hamas itself seems to be sabatodging and stealing foreign aid.

"On 12 January, Hamas raided some 100 aid trucks entering Gaza, stole their contents and sold them to the highest bidders. On 20 January, gunmen from Hamas' armed wing seized 12 trucks loaded with humanitarian aid that had been donated by the Jordanian government to the Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, according to Jordanian and Palestinian Authority officials."

"On 3 February, 3,500 blankets and over 400 food parcels were confiscated by Hamas police personnel from an UNRWA distribution center. On the following day, the UN Emergency Relief Coordinator demanded that the aid be returned immediately. In a separate incident on 5 February, Hamas seized 200 tons of food from UNRWA aid supplies. The following day, UNRWA suspended its activities in Gaza. Hamas issued a statement stating that the incident was a misunderstanding between the drivers of the trucks and had been resolved through direct contact with the UNRWA. On 9 February, UNRWA lifted the suspension on the movement of its humanitarian supplies into Gaza, after the Hamas authorities returned all of the aid supplies confiscated."

en.wikipedia.org...

*****Part Three: The War of 1967 (Palestine's Justification for Attacks on Israel)*****

Apparently, this war involved Egypt threatening to invade Israel with the full intent of wiping them off the map, although this seems to have been provoked by border clashes between Israel and Syria.

"Following numerous border clashes between Israel and its Arab neighbours, particularly Syria, Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser expelled the United Nations Emergency Force (UNEF) from the Sinai Peninsula in May 1967. The peacekeeping force had been stationed there since 1957, following a British-French-Israeli invasion of Egypt which was launched during the Suez Crisis. Egypt amassed 1,000 tanks and nearly 100,000 soldiers on the Israeli border and closed the Straits of Tiran to all ships flying Israeli flags or carrying strategic materials, receiving strong support from other Arab nations. Israel responded with a similar mobilization that included the call up of 70,000 reservists to augment the regular IDF forces."

What led to this?

[edit on 3-6-2010 by darkbake]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
*****The 1956 War and Peacekeeping Forces Stationed in the Demilitarized Zone*****

"After the 1956 war, Egypt agreed to the stationing of a UN peacekeeping force in the Sinai, the United Nations Emergency Force, to keep that border region demilitarized, and prevent Palestinian fedayeen guerrillas from crossing the border into Israel."

"Egypt also agreed to reopen the Straits of Tiran to Israeli shipping, whose closure had been a significant catalyst in precipitating the Suez Crisis. As a result, the border between Egypt and Israel remained quiet for a while."

*****The Peacekeeping Efforts of the U.N. Fail*****

It also looks like the Arab countries hated Israel, for what seems to simply be a form of prejudice, something that liberal atheist / MSM are *supposed* to be against, but apparently only when it fits their agenda.

"Syria, aligned with the Soviet bloc, began sponsoring guerrilla raids on Israel in the early 1960s as part of its 'people's war of liberation', designed to deflect domestic opposition to the Ba'ath Party. Even after nearly two decades of its existence, no neighboring Arab country of Israel was willing to negotiate a peace agreement with Israel or accept its existence. Tunisian President Habib Bourgiba suggested in a speech in Jericho in 1965 that the Arab world should face reality and negotiate with Israel, but this was rejected by the other Arab countries."

In fact, Egypt's leader Nasser asserted that "We shall not enter Palestine with its soil covered in sand, we shall enter it with its soil saturated in blood." Palestine is what they were referring to Israel as.

So, although this looks pretty complicated, it appears that the Arab world pretty legitimately hated Israel at the time simply because of its religion, and wanted to wipe them off the map. Once again, border clash possibilities as well.

en.wikipedia.org...

*****Israel Returns to the Middle-East in the 1940's*****

What happened in the beginning?

Well, apparently Britain owned the land that is now Israel after World War II, and began to get fed up with the Jewish / Palestinean bickering. Here is something interesting:

"The newly created United Nations approved the Partition Plan for Palestine (United Nations General Assembly Resolution 181) on November 29, 1947, which sought to divide the country into two states—one Arab and one Jewish. Jerusalem was to be designated an international city—a corpus separatum—administered by the UN."

"The Jewish community accepted the plan,[69] but the Arab League and Arab Higher Committee rejected it. On December 1, 1947, the Arab Higher Committee proclaimed a three-day strike, and Arab bands began attacking Jewish targets. Jews were initially on the defensive as civil war broke out, but they gradually moved onto the offensive. The Palestinian Arab economy collapsed and 250,000 Palestinian-Arabs fled or were expelled."

en.wikipedia.org...

What does that mean? It means that Israel was willing to accept a joint Israeli / Palestinean state in the beginning, but the Palestineans would not have it, and even attacked Israeli targets unprovoked.

*****Conclusion: The Mainstream Media Sucks*****

Let me ask you this. Why doesn't the liberal media even consider looking into the facts of the history of Israel regarding this blockade? These facts were relatively easy to find, and I can't seem to figure out how Israel is any worse than the Arab nations.

However, this is a complicated issue, I believe more research should be done into the aspects of the current blockade of the Gaza strip, as well as more into the Palestine perspective of the historical events mentioned earlier.

... But the same time the liberal media is ragging on Israel, some countries in the EU are in the process of banning burkas and Islamic prayer towers. So do they support Palestine and the Arab world at all, or are they just using their situation as a propoganda piece because it is a good opportunity to justify an attack against Israel? I find this to be a legitimate question.

Or, are the MSM and liberal athesit elite setting the stage for a populist hard-line conservative leader to emerge, empowered by a populace that is tired of the atheist movement? Simply stating possibilities.

www.youtube.com...

www.acus.org...

www.italianinsider.it...

Other than the somewhat less mainstream message about the MSM I hope this discussion helps bring a little more light into the situation in Gaza.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
interesting post but could you maybe re edit and get rid of the annoying line breaks to make it easier to read?

Just a thought

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite

No problem, I am working on editing it right now. I am also going to have to head to bed and do the second part sometime this weekend. Also, if anyone else wants to add some research showing things from a more Palestinean perspective, that would be appreciated.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
In reference to current events your missing one part of the story...

One major historical tipping point in the creation of Israel that relates directly to these ships.. That of the events surrounding the SS Exodus, which was shadowed from Europe to Palestine by the Royal Navy before being boarded and captured by the British jsut off Palestinian waters.

Edit line which is incorrect
*Unlike Israel, the British decided not to break international law by boarding the ship in international waters*
Correct line is
Britain boarded the SS Exodus 20 miles from Palestine in international water.

The ensuring international condemnation created the tipping point that created the State of Israel (supported by the US/UN)

Now looking at recent events only ONE ship fought back.. the cruise ship..
ever thought of why?

and the answer is much more complicated than it is simply full of terrorists,

what they where trying to recreate the situation surrounding the SS Exodus, and using it against Israel... and IMHO they have done pretty well.

So if you support the boarding of this vessel you support the boarding of the SS Exodus..

If you support these ships right of passage then you support the right of passage of Jews to Israel.

But the problem I have is that Israel knows the historical importance of these events, so I keep asking WHY they embarked on a course of action that mimics the boarding and capture SS Exodus..

Why they are running said risks of international condemnation, isolation and alienation, if there is not something more behind this.. and more so by doing this in international waters.

IMHO there is much much more to this than meets the eye.

[edit on 3/6/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

That is interesting, I had heard of this but did not make the connection. I believe there is definitely more to this than meets the eye. I welcome more posts with information.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
You have done a history of Israel and Palestine without any mention the Balfour Declaration of 1917.

This was the decleration of Israel as a state.

"His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavors to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country."[1]

A clear recognition of a Palestinian nation is mentioned here Palestine.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Very nice, this article leads into the section on 1947.

"His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavors to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country."

Which brings us to 1947, although between 1918 and 1947, Jewish people migrated to Palestine in order to escape the growing anti-semitism in Europe. This includes the voyage mentioned by an earlier poster by the SS Exodus, which was brining Jewish people from Europe illegally.

en.wikipedia.org...

"In 1947, Great Britain decided to turn its Mandate over to the United Nations, which, in the same year, adopted Resolution 181, partitioning the land into two states, one Arab and one Jewish. Israel agreed to the partition, but Arab countries and Palestinian Arabs did not, resulting in the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, the first in a series of wars fought between Israel and the Arab world. It would take thirty years for an Arab country to recognize Israel— through United States mediation during the 1978 Camp David Accords, Israel and Egypt signed a peace treaty. Nevertheless, "the Arab world reacted angrily to Sadat's separate peace with Israel and refused to endorse or participate in it. The Arab League moved its headquarters from Cairo and most of its members broke ties with Egypt, ushering in nearly a decade of Egyptian isolation." The Balfour Declaration thus had many implications."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Your welcome, I it is interesting how similar the 2 events have played out 60 years apart, both pretty much being stage managed....

The SS Exodus was so potent that even Paul Newman stared in a film of the events. If anything that was the tipping point that ended the British mandate in Palestine.

I know it's wiki, but there are many links on web relating to the SS Exodus.
en.wikipedia.org...

The question tho is why has Israel placed itself in that situation deliberately.

[edit on 3/6/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think you are being deliberately misleading.

Why do you not mention the Zionist movement that started in Europe well before WW2 that clearly preached taking Palestine by force. That the founding fathers of Israel also killed and bombed British citizens to further their cause. That some were hung for this, but most escaped and went on to be the first commanders in the IDF .

Or did you forget all that ?

Good thing I am here to remind you

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

I have only quickly skimmed through your post, but my first impression is that are saying that basically Muslims hate Jews and this is the basic problem.

Can you explain how it is then that Muslims and Jews currently live in harmony in many countries of the world and even in Palestaine they lived happily together up until the Jews decided to grab some land for themselves and designate it a Jewish state. You don't think that might be the real cause for hatred.

If I woke up tomorrow in the UK and the Muslims had announced they were declaring a part of the UK as being for Muslims only ... I would hate muslims for doing it and fight them all the way.

Wouldn't matter if it was muslims, jews, or any religion or race group they would be hated by the rest if they tried to take over.

The Jews were granted a small area on the condition they didnt disrupt the population alreday living there. Since then the Jews have driven everyone else out and pushed the border into neighbouring territory with no concern for anybody but themselves.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

A bit of speculation here from me... when you consider the UKs new Foreign secretary William Hague has been in conversation with the US on the next/right course of action to ease the Gaza blockade...

and my speculation is that British/US forces will replace the IDF in patrolling/inspection activities in Gaza..

www.alertnet.org...

Imagine, war about to kick off on all sides, and Britain/US place their forces (as peace keepers) in the area.

This is a good idea, except to say it should be a NATO or UN peacekeeping force, not just UK/USA ... paid for out the Israeli budget

[edit on 3-6-2010 by bigyin]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Only one problem with the peacekeeping force.

Hamas stated they would fight any occupying force, even peacekeepers.

These people are now extremist in every way and can not comprehend any middle ground. I think some of them do not want peace, or they might have to get a job.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I would agree, but considering the invasion of Iraq without a real mandate, the talking up of conflict with Turkey (a NATO member) and the lack of success of the UN peace keepers on the Israel/Lebanon border, the only viable option as a bit of speculation is for Britain and US to take up the role.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
I think you are being deliberately misleading.

Why do you not mention the Zionist movement...

Or did you forget all that ?

Good thing I am here to remind you

Indeed. I took on a sensitive topic. I would like this thread to present information from both sides, as I admit, I didn't know about what you mentioned. Maybe by the end of the thread I'll have a better understanding of the situation between Israel and Palestine. The 20th century was a bloody one, I am sure there were many factions involved in bloodshed, the whole thing is giving me a headache right about now.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The thing is certain extreme ideas attract a criminal element. We saw that in Ireland with the IRA. We saw that with Zionism and we are now seeing that with Hamas.

It is the desperation of the average person who really does want change, that these people take advantage of.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
To make long story short,whatever happens in Middle East is everyone else's fault.Israel is (again) the victim here.

Here are the real victims:

www.thewe.cc...

This site comes with the following warning:NOT FOR VIEWING BY CHILDREN OR PERSONS WITH WEAK HEARTS

The problem here is that everyone talks politics.Israel did this,the hamas did that.Has anyone of you ever considered that this madness has destroyed the lives and the future of REAL people?That because Israel wants a bigger piece of land(that doesn't belong to them) is killing children,
children that under different circumstances could have a bright future.

Dear OP,we all know history,and i personally research the history that is not written in books.I read between the lines and always watch the background.
What i have seen up to now is that the Nazis were boyscouts compared to the Israelis(again i'm not talking about the normal people,i'm talking about the goverment,the army,the lobby and their decisions).

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Expect to be called a zionist conspirator by people who can't fathom the very definition of Objective observation in the Israel-palestine conflict.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This particular video did in Israel for me. I seriously doubt that the Hamas would actually kill Peace activists.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

You can watch all the videos.

new topics

top topics

join