It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think nuclear energy should be used more, or not used at all?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I think nuclear energy shouldnt be used because of enviromental issues. It gives of nuclear watse wich can not be stored safley forever, and other problems it creates. I think we should use other means to get energy, like solar energy.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I think we should look at water and other things as energy sources, even gov. research for cold fusion...I think we should have nuc power until we are able to develop something else...

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hydroelectricity is a good source of energy. Or powerplants that wold run on hydrogen insted of fuel for engines to produce power. I thikn it would produce power fater and more of it.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Please remove. Double post

[edit on 043030p://ex30 by AD5673]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
we have found other sources for power after discovering nuclear power which are less harmful to us and the environment i think those avenues should be looked into before leaning towards more nuclear power use.

geothermal power is a proven winner but it doesnt work just anywhere, unless you're in iceland.

just using that as an example.

i think we can find other sources for our power needs that arent nuclear.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think that along with free English writing classes for AD5673, we should continue to utilize nuclear energy. It is a vast source of energy which we can ill afford to underutilize presently(given our strained power grid i.e. Eastern US and Canadian blackout last summer...can't wait for this years version). Coal burning electrical generation stations are AWFUL for the environment. We should continue to explore new means of energy creation; however, for the mass production required, currently nuclear energy is our best option.

My $0.02
Peace,
Lukefj

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Lukefj]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

geothermal power is a proven winner but it doesnt work just anywhere, unless you're in iceland.

Can you provide a link or naything about it? I would like to read it.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This link should provide this thread with some interesting topics for discussion: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lukefj

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Thanks but they havent made one reply yet.

top topics

join