It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Natalie Holloway Suspect Joran Van Der Sloot Accused of Peru Murder

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This guy is just one big sick-o...... Read this:

Federal prosecutors today announced a criminal complaint and arrest warrant for Joran van der Sloot, a suspect in the death of Mountain Brook teen Natalee Holloway.

Van der Sloot, a Dutchman, is charged with wire fraud and extortion for soliciting money on a promise that he would reveal the location of Natalee Holloway's body in Aruba and the circumstances of her death.

The U.S. Attorney's office and FBI said that on May 15 van der Sloot extorted $15,000 as a partial payment, wired from Birmingham to the Netherlands.

The total amount he was to be paid was $250,000. The information that van der Sloot has provided to that unnamed individual was false, federal authorities said.

The announcement comes the same day Van der Sloot was arrested in Chile in the murder of Stephany Flores, 21. Flores was killed in a Lima hotel Sunday, five years to the day after Holloway disappeared.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
the guy is a psychopath. should have gone to jail a long time ago

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I was checking to see if there were anymore updates after his arrest.

Here is a sick little twist to the story. He's also been charged with extortion in Alabama, for trying to collect $250,000.00 for giving up some information on the whereabouts of Natalie Holloway.

www.cbsnews.com...

This guy is a true peice of work!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Wow, This story changes so fast and furious that it is not funny. I have been following it ever since and now it appears that Joran is in custody as Chilean police detained him and took him to Santiago, Chile. Reports that I read noted his hair had changed from black to red and that he is sporting a new haircut as well. He was calm, did not resist arrest, and his attorney is advising everyone not to jump to conclusions. But the police in Peru claim to have enough evidence to connect him to the death of Stephany, whose neck was broken, and tramua brought against her back and lower body region. This time blood was not mentioned. Amazing at the variety of stories about her death.

This story is so fascinating to me. How does this Joran do it? On CNN a discussion was made with the cab driver who took him from Lima to the bordertown. He was also arrested while riding in a taxi on route 68.

There is no doubt that if he did do this murder, he will be convicted and probably get the death penalty. Who can pull him out of this one?

He is either the stupidest guy alive or the unluckiest as well! If he did commit the crime as reported, he is plainly insane beyond belief! But that won't get him off in Peru...sounds too much like Ted Bundy to me. I always thought that Ted Bundy went to Florida because they have the death penalty, and I think that Joran may have gone to Peru for a similar challenge to the law...Just plainly insane!

Crazy, crazy!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Well, you do say something important here, and that is the time when Joran checked out of the room, and when the girl was found in the room. What if you are right, and she had been brought in there after he had checked out? Is this all supposition on your imagination part, or is it for real that that is what happened?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LiteraryOneTwo

There is no doubt that if he did do this murder, he will be convicted and probably get the death penalty. Who can pull him out of this one?

No, he will not get the death penalty. Peru abolished it in 1979:

Peru Death Penalty Abolished in 1979

Peru is one of the many Latin American countries who signed on to the American Convention on Human Rights "Pact of San Jose, Costa Rica" in 1979, officially abolishing the death penalty for all but a few offenses. In the time since signing, Peru has not executed any prisoners.

The country's stance on capital punishment has come to the attention of the many people following the case of Dutch national Joran van der Sloot, currently the prime suspect in the Sunday morning murder of a 21-year-old woman in Lima, Peru. Van der Sloot was arrested in Santiago, Chile on Thursday and is currently awaiting extradition to Peru, where even if he is found guilty of murder, he will not face the death penalty.

www.zimbio.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by EGO84

I know Peru and part of Chile. Chileans are very civilized and organized. Any jail in Peru will be awsome for this guy. Let me explain it, a young white boy???....they will fight to dead for "him-her", LOL.

I know certain Dutch guys that ended up in a South American prison because of drugs trafficing. And they seem to love it there, they prefer it to being in the Netherlands. Although they are nutcases.

Can't be that bad then!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I am not sure whether the death penalty is worse than spending the rest of your life in a Peruvian jail. We can only hope he'll not be extradited to the Netherlands. Fortunately enough, there is no extradition treaty between Peru and the Netherlands. If there were, his stay would have been very comfortable. Sadly, prisoners in this country get pretty much everything they wish for.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
well,,The wire fraud/extortion really doesnt make him look good...
(I'll tell you how she died and where her body is for 250k)

This scum is sick,,,!

Im beyond words...

His lawyer tells everyone not to jump to speculation!!!!!!
(TELL ME HOW ONE CAN NOT WITH HIS ANTICS)

(my opinion) He is involved somehow/someway in this murder wether he did it or someone else...

He's in serious trouble and I beleive they got'em by the balls this time..

I know,,we will have to wait for some more facts from the case...

This crime I beleive wasnt pre-meditated,,,it was an explosion of anger and done in haste,,Im sure he made a lot of boo boo's of mistakes.

I read a post that he looked so calm,,,,I dont want to take that opinion outta text if I assume you think he is innocent cause he looked calm????

Well,,A lot of criminals dont show a residue of remorse for their crimes or get shaky and sob all over,,,

He also tried to change his appearence,,,(pathetic attempt for a last ditch effort),,,to bad he coudnt find a big wig and a fake beard and a lether jacket type disguise....

I dont by the idea someone framed nor accept the hypothisis that he went to his hotel and found her dead and assumed they think he did it so he is gonna pack his bags and blow Dodge city....

Especially now where with the Natalee case with the extortion.

This sicko has more holes in him than a sponge...

We'll just have to wait for more facts..

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Dutch prisons are a paradise! Which doesn't really make crime pay.

1. His lawyer made a statement claiming Joran did not confess to the murder of the Peruvian girl. Which was claimed by one of his online power buddies.

2. Plus the date-rape pills were found in HER car, which was 50 blocks from the hotel. Why would he leave date-rape pills in her car?

3. He tried to trick mother Holloway into 250.000 dollars in exchange for information about Natalie. Which most likely would have sent mother Holloway over the edge.

Doesn't this more or less add up to Joran being set up? If mother Holloway has 250.000 dollars to pay for information, she has enough money to take him down too. And she has the motive to do so too.

Whether Joran deserves to be punished for Natalie Holloway is not up to us. Because as so many people love to use karma as an argument, wait and see this karma bites you in the arse for being so judgemental.

But this is now about the Peruvian girl. And is she was used because of Natalie Holloway, then I really think there are more twiste people out there than Joran.

Most likely most of you will ignore certain facts and possibilities in this case because you can only focus on one thing, Natalie Holloway. Which really makes me wonder whether you really care about the murder of this Peruvian girl.

Deny ignorance?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This story is getting more and more bizarre. Dutch police have raided the house of reality show winner Jaap Amesz who did an interview with Joran van der Sloot last year. He even persuaded Van der Sloot to do a lie detector test. The media says they were after the tapes of this interview and results of the lie detector test, at the request of the US justice department.

It seems that someone wants him in jail very desperately.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EGO84

1. His lawyer made a statement claiming Joran did not confess to the murder of the Peruvian girl. Which was claimed by one of his online power buddies.

My reply: so what...I could care less what his lawyer has to say,,,as of now the only one who should be listening to his lawyer is Joran himself.
I assume his lawyer will tell him to try and stick to your alibi and dont keep changing it,your daddy's not here now so my job will be a lot tuffer.

2. Plus the date-rape pills were found in HER car, which was 50 blocks from the hotel. Why would he leave date-rape pills in her car?

my reply:

i dont know,,I left my wallet in my friends glove box once,,maybe he just forgot?
He's not on trial here for date rape pills...

3. He tried to trick mother Holloway into 250.000 dollars in exchange for information about Natalie. Which most likely would have sent mother Holloway over the edge.

Doesn't this more or less add up to Joran being set up? If mother Holloway has 250.000 dollars to pay for information, she has enough money to take him down too. And she has the motive to do so too.

My reply:
I think she went over the edge when He said he knew how she died and changed the story a few times,,,(he did that interveiw because he wanted to impress a drug dealer or friend he said?)

Only a complete retard would do something SICK like that.Ya Know,,,
Am I assuming you are saying she had that girl killed to get Joran??
Joran is an adult,,,now if this sicko got caught in a sting/extortion with natalee's mother and accepted money is his fault..
(what a dumbarse)

One could only wish YOU were the investigator if they commited a crime.

Whether Joran deserves to be punished for Natalie Holloway is not up to us. Because as so many people love to use karma as an argument, wait and see this karma bites you in the arse for being so judgemental.

My reply: Your right, on the natalee case,,,,,But after his sick twisted antics in the Holloway case I can see how may of us think he's guilty of this.

Im waiting for more facts as well,,,
I hate to bust your bubble but its looking more like joran's arse thats gonna be bit.

Maybe you should stick some money in an envelope and mail it to him to show your support instead,,,I dont think you'll be changing many minds here.

But this is now about the Peruvian girl. And is she was used because of Natalie Holloway, then I really think there are more twiste people out there than Joran.

My reply:So you are saying quite possibly she was killed to get Joran????
After reading your reply here,,i agree there are a lot of twisted people out there.

Most likely most of you will ignore certain facts and possibilities in this case because you can only focus on one thing, Natalie Holloway. Which really makes me wonder whether you really care about the murder of this Peruvian girl.

My Reply: We are ignoring certain facts??????

No,,we are not,,,,,obvious you are though,,,we all find it discusting and our hearts go out to the family of this horrific crime.

Deny ignorance?

DENY STUPIDITY

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I'm not defending Joran van der Sloot. I'm defending a possibilty of a normal discussion without everybody just passing judgement about what should happen to the guy, mostly based on personal opinon and not on all the facts of both cases.

Nor am I saying what mother Holloway did or did not have anything to do with the death of the Peruvian. I'm stating possibilities. As I've not made up my own mind up to what has happened with a 100% certainty. Just adding that things don't add up, and that this is not karma(as people are claiming).

Many people here are making comments that make the whole murder of the Peruvian girl seem like it was worth it just so that Joran would end up in jail for the "death" of Natalie Holloway. Say what you want... defend it if you wish... but that just makes most opinions on the matter very cheap and ignorant.

My own opinion is that he could and should have been arrested after confessing he knew what happened to Natalie. That alone should have been enough evident, but certain laws made that impossible.

Keep attacking me if you wish... it makes no difference at all. Let's just have a discussion about the subject at hand. Otherwise it will go nowhere and just be ruined.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EGO84

We all welcome(70% here) here everyones personal opinion/thoughts/ideas)

At my age Im still learning,,

I think you could agree with me this scumbag acted like a sicko during the Holloway case????
And I assume you can understand (???) why most here dont hold no sympathy towards him...

Now you are upset with facts???

Yet you make a possibilty opinion(throwing a bone into this thread) that he coulda been set up by the mother who had this girl killed to get Joran ,,,and we are all happy now????,,,,to get a conversation going??

We are pissed as hell this happened again,,,!!!

We,,most here are all open to possibilties with at least some common scense,,

We are going to have to wait for more facts,,,and if you want to play with possibilities that he is innocent thats your opinion!!!

Instead of you being upset with our replies here and saying we dont care about the Peruvian girl is sick to me because we are happy because of the Hollloway case and we get some kind of justice!!!???

Most here are not going to play stupid defense games for this scumbag,,,obvious you will...As I said,,we got to wait for more facts,,,

And throwing in Holloway's mother as a possiblity opinion she had the girl killed yet your upset with facts and us being judgemental??

Your sick!!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Why is it Joran is still running the streets. The Mrs. or Mr. Halloway should have locked him in their trunk, popped his knee caps, found out where Natalies body was (or her location) then they should have dumped him out in the ocean alive and let the sharks nibble on him...

Any volunteers? If he is freed, I will lead a team over there.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I think most of you Yanks just don't get the things I'm saying. Plus I'm not upset, this is just a discussion.

I only added the facts to this discussion and people wished to twist the facts, which got a certain discussion going. Fact is... he never claimed to have killed Natalie.. he claimed to know what killed her and what happened to her body. Most of you Yanks just don't want to accept this.

Me stating this fact is not me defending Joran. Thinking that the Peruvian murder is a bit odd... is based on everything I've seen about the guy, although that does not mean he couldn't and also the facts that have been shown so far. I'm not saying it's 100% sure he did not doing. I'm just stating... this has a VERY odd vibe for me.

He should have gone to jail years ago... But if he was set up... then you can cheer all you want... but two wrongs wouldn't make a right, or would it?

Personally if I would base my opinion about Americans and justice...on this topic, I would not be impressed with American justice. When I've been led to believe otherwise.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This is a video discussing Extortion Charges being brought in Alabama, due to Van de Sloot's trying to extort $250,000 from Beth Holloway for information concerning where her daughter's body is, or where she is.

If for some reason he should be freed of murder charges in Peru, he would be extradited to Alabama to face charges of Extortion.

Oops...forgot the link. Here:

www2.nbc13.com...

[edit on 6/4/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EGO84
I think most of you Yanks just don't get the things I'm saying. Plus I'm not upset, this is just a discussion.

I only added the facts to this discussion and people wished to twist the facts, which got a certain discussion going. Fact is... he never claimed to have killed Natalie.. he claimed to know what killed her and what happened to her body. Most of you Yanks just don't want to accept this.

No, you're right he never directly stated he killed her.
He did state he disposed of her body.
He did state that he kidnapped her.
He did state that he sold her into slavery.
He did state he colluded with his friends.
He did state he attempted to extort money from her mom.

But you're right. He never directly stated he killed her.

He should have gone to jail years ago... But if he was set up... then you can cheer all you want... but two wrongs wouldn't make a right, or would it?

Of course he wasn't set up but if he was...who cares? He's guilty of all the above items I've listed by his own admission so if he gets convicted of a murder he didn't commit, I'm willing to call it even.

Personally if I would base my opinion about Americans and justice...on this topic, I would not be impressed with American justice. When I've been led to believe otherwise.

There's a difference between justice and vengeance. I'm willing to settle for vengeance in this case

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
reply to post by mishigas

I am not sure whether the death penalty is worse than spending the rest of your life in a Peruvian jail. We can only hope he'll not be extradited to the Netherlands. Fortunately enough, there is no extradition treaty between Peru and the Netherlands. If there were, his stay would have been very comfortable. Sadly, prisoners in this country get pretty much everything they wish for.

He has two possible futures in store for him.

Future 1: The judges take pity on him and put him in isolation for the rest of his life (But in lieu of his past history this is extremely unlikely).

Future 2: He will be sentenced to life in prison but this will really just be a death sentence because he will be put into the general population of the prison. In this case he will not live to see his next birthday I guarantee the reader.

It will be a question of how many beatings and knife attacks his body can endure.

Oh, and this is after the guards have their way with him for the first day or two.

What you people are seeing right now is a walking ghost.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Btw, I've read several reports now. But can anybody confirm how the Peruvian girl REALLY died?

Because I read that she died from a blow to the head. While reports before said Joran phoned a (online poker) friend to tell him that he stabbed the girl several times.

If she wasn't stabbed several times... this could mean two things.

1. He's trying to place as much false information out there as possible to mess with the investigation.

2. Maybe he didn't call and the whole situation was a fix from the start.

And to the justice vs vengeance guy...and to all the people that agree with him. You lot need the same help/punishment that Joran needs, because that's just terrible and is exactly what I've been talking about the whole topic(while other nutjobs then come here to defend that kind of attitude)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join