It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS now an Israeli hate site?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

The home page of ATS now has more Israeli hatred threads than I care to count. It looks like the site is being used and abused by a coordinated effort to spread anti-Israeli propaganda.

At what point does the mods start shutting down threads and cleaning up the boards. Yeah, we get it, people tried to run the Israeli blockade and lost. Everyone has already made up their mind on this event. It seems only one or two threads is needed to discuss this issue.

What would you expect from the WOLRD when a country like Israel commits international crimes and murder??

Of course they will be lots of tread on the #1 subject in the world right now?

If you are not happy on what you see on ATS, go somewere else!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
So what, many on this site has talked abour muslims as if they are dogs, as well as christians, though much more islamic hatred.

Now I figure Israel is a nation, and when a nation does evil in peoples eyes we should be able to condem it.

I have condemed many nations who abuse their power, but not individuals or people generally becasue they may be a part of that nation.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread but it is relevent here.

I cant believe people are bringing out anti semitism as an excuse for peoples hatred of israel. Ever since Israel was founded 50 yrs ago or so Israel has proved not to be good neighbours with anyone and all middle east issues stem from that. Also I like to add is Britain has had its fair share of terrorism through the actions of the IRA and its breakaway groups. DO you see British troops firing blind into groups of people? DO you see British troops driving tanks through peoples houses? Do you see the british sending an air armada to blow up the IRA?DO you see the British Government having a blockade in Northern Ireland? ETC ETC....
Theres are ways of dealing with terrorism and Israels overkill is the problem and their attitude. Talks are the only way and if Israel cant talk to hamas just like the british government didnt want to talk to sinn fein. In the end they had no choice and eventually had to talk to sinn fein and things have improved politically. So when it comes to knowing how to deal with terrorism Israel hasnt a bloody clue....

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I live in germany. do you know how hard it is to talk about israel here? you can't say nothing. people call you anti semite as soon as you say israel and crime in one sentence.

politicians get "fired" when they critizise israel. our remote controlled pantsuit (angela merkel) just said something like "oh please,stop fighting,that's so mean".that was it. I just don't get why it's almost illegal to say the truth. there are war crimes and crimes against humanity happening. the election campaign in israel was extremely dubious...or it's normal to postulate a genocide for votes.but nobody cares. nobody dares to care.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rohdan
reply to post by poet1b

every time people critizise israel there's this "anti israel propaganda" argument. go educate yourself. there is severe criticism with good cause my friend.

there is a genocide happening and the world is watching. not one single "rogue state"" dares to act like israel does.

that makes me sick. I had a conversation with one of my professors today about that. He said that we students MUST exercise our right and talk about this mess. this has absolutley nothing to do with some kind of propaganda.absolutely nothing.

Therein lies the reasoning behind it all. Talking to (and believing in) professors is where many students make their errors in judgment. Most of the professors are idealogue wackos who espouse to the NWO. They wish you to exercise your right to free speech as long as you are espousing their ideals. If you do not believe what I am saying just try to express or support any other ideal contrary to their beliefs such as pro-Israel; pro-2nd Amendment or pro-Life. Watch what happens to your right of free speech.

You will learn as you get older that your opinions probably will change. Unlike those professors you will enter the daily grind and actually have to work for a living. You will see excesses caused by the corruption of TPTB and their LEO and you will be appalled and desirous of change. Who knows you may even become right-wing or libertarian.

I received my Masters at 48. I loved debating those professors whenever they spewed their leftish ideologue. I lost an 'A' only once for it but never suffered greatly for my exercise in free debate. It was worth it because I resented the garbage being inserted into the minds of our bright but inexperienced and naive youth.

The criticism of the Israelis began long before the facts were known and will continue even if they were exonerated by them.

No rogue states?
How about North Korea which murdered 46 South Korean sailors?
How about Iran has stated that it wishes to blow Israel off the map and obliterate the Jews?

Israelis are attacked everywhere all of the time. How that country of 3 million has survived all of these years surrounded by 300 million Muslims who wish them exterminated is the biggest surprise of all. Did it ever enter your mind that this MAY have been a direct provocation by anti-Israel propangandists to engender the usual anti-Israel rhetoric that has displayed itself so prominently here at ATS? Was it? I don't know. I don't have all of the facts yet. I will pass judgment when I do.

I get a kick out of all of the people who scream about the evils of racism but have no problem with spewing vile anti-Jew rhetoric. What hypocrites!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Pick and choose, pick and choose.

The motivation for this thread is questionable: When the board was littered with threads about North Korea where were you? When people were bashing Canada over Ann Coulter where were you? When threads bash the US where are you?

Why is it that the immediate response EVERYTIME to any comment about Israel is racism/anti-semitism? Yes there are some disturbing comments being made by some people, but not all. To provide a forum for open discussion about world events means that ALL events have a place, not just the PC.

The objective of this site is to spread knowledge to people beyond what the editted MSM will allow. Events in the Middle East, or any where around the globe, cannot ever be understood let alone resolved if there is only one side of the story available.

If you want open discussions come to ATS; if you want sunshine and lollipops turn on your TV.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability
reply to post by poet1b

I had taken a few days away from the news an the internet this weekend, and your right I come back to the boards and the front page definitely has alot of Israel talk about it.

What is up with this all?

You might want to turn on the news too, and not just this site.
You'd see what all the debate was about and that it was global.

Hot topic.
Interesting times and all.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Pointing out that Israel killed people the other day - and that's terrorism, is not hating. I used to give them the benefit of the doubt, especially over the 2008-09 Gaza war. Now I can believe the Hamas claims that the fanatic IDF drove tanks over dead children, and I even defended them not that long ago repeating the ridiculous Israeli propaganda that Gaza has everything it needs. I won't fall for that again.

The ATS majority been proven right time and time again. There's always a few that go too far with the hate, but the majority here are rational thinkers compared to our mainstream media.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rohdan

So Israel is a rogue state now is it !! Quite a few countrys in the World behave worse than Israel like CHINA parts of AFRICA many places in RUSSIA and KOREA to name a few they just have a more tried and tested way of keeping the voices quiet!!! I dont hear an uproar over these countrys yet incidents happen daily. Welcome to the real world.!!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Rohdan:

" Remote controlled pant suit"

Thats a very good description of the people who are signing away all that money, some of which I mentioned in my reply.

I wonder:
How much of that largess the poor in Isreal actually receive?

Perhaps the OP might enlighten?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magic Bullet
reply to post by Rohdan

So Israel is a rogue state now is it !! Quite a few countrys in the World behave worse than Israel like CHINA parts of AFRICA many places in RUSSIA and KOREA to name a few they just have a more tried and tested way of keeping the voices quiet!!! I dont hear an uproar over these countrys yet incidents happen daily. Welcome to the real world.!!

I've always criticised Russia and China, and Iran. Now Israel also deserve the same criticism, and it's long overdue. I completely disagree with pro-nazi comments, but that's the minority.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

And HAMAS are the innocents and peace bringers are they ,it would never cross there mind to put women or children in the firing line would it!! Or sell the freely given aid back to the Palestinians as the are so frightened to touch it because of the repercussions!! Get real Israel is dealing with an highly organized and technologically equipped terror group bent on wipeing them from the face of the earth.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Perhaps if Israel would stop violating laws, committing acts of war, and acted like adults, there wouldnt be so much anti-Israel sentiment around here.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Rohdan

Actually, it's not a rogue state.

It's a terrorist state.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Unfortunately, we are ALL accountable by our actions.

IF I run someone over in my car, and kill them, I am held responsible.

The sheer number of anti Israeli threads is reflective of the actions of IDF Commandos in breaking the International Law AND boarding those flag bearing vessels/ships In International Waters.

If you or I break the LAW then we shall be accountable as well.

And so should Israel. For Israel or any country is NOT above the LAW.

Plain and Simple,

Nuff Said.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
There are too many 'anti-Israel' threads. Eh!?

OK - why post another quite blatantly manipulative thread? Clearly you have formulated your opinion. I am with the vast majority of ATS's here in condemning Israel’s actions. We have more than enough reasons to back such opinions.

Enough is enough; Israel has had its chances to convince us.

This reeks of hypocrisy, so tell us, why post this thread?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

We're discussing a currently hot topic.
It is "Breaking News".

I don't get what you are aiming for here.

Are you saying people shouldn't discuss the controversy surrounding the incident with Israel and the flotillas heading to Gaza, or the reactions thereafter?

The MODs do a great job of policing the etiquette in those threads and insuring that it abides by T&C.

I think you are just seeing the word "Israel" in a thread title and jumping to an amazing conclusion that it is a hate-thread.

It's no different than all the threads with "United States" in the title and the discussions revolving around some of our current and controversial decisions or actions.

Did you take a peek inside any of these threads that you allege "hate Israelis"?
Note that this is regarding the polices around Israels leaders and not all Israelis?
Recognize that Israelis and Jews have also spoken out against the actions of Israels leaders?

Doesn't sound like you have.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Rohdan

first of all i want to say, that i do know about world's double moral standards. Israel is supported in a way that is kind of twisted. china and russia behave equally bad as israel. not worse. korea must face boycotts and UN resolutions because of criminal behavior. Russia is critizised all the time. States in africa (that aren't states anymore) are not supported. they are exploited. they buy our weapons and we eat their food. the african rulers get rich and don't give a damn. the killing and murdering are fast selling items.

I hope the difference is clear.

I can critizise ruanda. i can critizise russia. i can critizise china and north korea. people are fine with that.

I so cannot critizise israel.

rouge state? yes

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I haven't been told that commenting on Israels massive misappropriation of American aid is antisemitic hatespeech yet...

So, its OK to discuss Israel's national crimes without it being labeled as hate speech?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

reply to post by john124

And HAMAS are the innocents and peace bringers are they ,it would never cross there mind to put women or children in the firing line would it!! Or sell the freely given aid back to the Palestinians as the are so frightened to touch it because of the repercussions!! Get real Israel is dealing with an highly organized and technologically equipped terror group bent on wipeing them from the face of the earth.

You can't be serious? You think Israel should be the one worried about what kind of firepower Hamas has? How much funding and equipment do the Israeli's recieve from USA again? How many nukes do the Israeli's have again?What about the Israeli Air Force?

Have you seen pictures of the advanced "rockets" that the Palestinians use to combat the invasion of the Israeli's? There pathetic. They are bassically a last resort for people who have nothing to defend themselves with.

Tell me something if you were given the statistics of the casualties from this conflict without any prior biases towards the situation do you really think the Palestinians would be the ones accused of trying to wipe the Israeli's off the face of the earth.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join