It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS now an Israeli hate site?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The home page of ATS now has more Israeli hatred threads than I care to count. It looks like the site is being used and abused by a coordinated effort to spread anti-Israeli propaganda.

At what point does the mods start shutting down threads and cleaning up the boards. Yeah, we get it, people tried to run the Israeli blockade and lost. Everyone has already made up their mind on this event. It seems only one or two threads is needed to discuss this issue.

+68 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
There's been plenty from both sides of the issue.

This would be a fine example of a thread to close

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I had taken a few days away from the news an the internet this weekend, and your right I come back to the boards and the front page definitely has alot of Israel talk about it.

What is up with this all?

+27 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Do you think it is an organized effort by a group? or just a group of people who are making threads in protest of the Israel's act of violence committed in international waters?

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I suppose all in all it balances out with the amount of Anti-Muslim threads.
Mods seem to let all those go without issue so I see no problem in allowing the Anti-Israeli threads to continue.

+35 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

every time people critizise israel there's this "anti israel propaganda" argument. go educate yourself. there is severe criticism with good cause my friend.

there is a genocide happening and the world is watching. not one single "rogue state"" dares to act like israel does.

that makes me sick. I had a conversation with one of my professors today about that. He said that we students MUST exercise our right and talk about this mess. this has absolutley nothing to do with some kind of propaganda.absolutely nothing.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Three of the top four topics on the home page are anti-Israel.

Four of the top five are currently anti-Israel.\

9 of the first 14 on the home page are anti-Israeli threads.

This is pure ridiculous nonsense.

Most people are here to talk about UFOs and other types of mysteries, not some recent propaganda ploy.

+28 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
The home page of ATS now has more Israeli hatred threads than I care to count.

I can't concur. Of the 13 current topics on the site home, only four seem to qualify for the type of topics you describe, and one of those, not really.

The site home, and all other summary pages, are designed to reflect the ebb-and-flow of the topics our members flag as important. If we interfered with that member-drive editorial process, we'd open up a whole other unsavory can of worms.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Three of the top four topics on the home page are anti-Israel. Four of the top five are currently anti-Israel.\ 9 of the first 14 on the home page are anti-Israeli threads.

I would think that would be because of all the JIDF working flat out on them....Thus making the threads very popular.

They are kind of defeating the object.....Wouldn't you say ?

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well a lot of ATS members are angry at Israels recent actions as are people all around the world. Given that Israel and Palestine are always hot topics it's easy to see why we have so many threads. And calling ATS a hate site is ridiculous, the vast majority of ATS members have justifiable concerns about Israels policies and actions.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

It's your site, but I know that redundant topics are typically removed.

When over 50% of the home page topics are on the same subject, and the same side of the subject, it's overkill.

link   
I have to agree with Skeptic Overlord, although I have been objectively defending against the argument that Israel 'murdered' the victims.

I also respect the right of people's opinions on ATS, regardless of whether I agree with them or not.

Aslong as it is kept 'civil', the freedom to speak your mind without censorship is reason alone to sign up to ATS.

link   
It's just like the pro- or anti-choice threads when they heat up. Each side thinks the other is given favor, each side thinks the site is furthering the other side with propaganda.

The truth is, people are tired of hearing about israel and their license to do whatever they wish. and it's boiling over.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Just curious:

If one of the poor people who are forking over all this dough were to point out something like the following:

In light of the recent proof that Israel does have nuklear weapons:
www.guardian.co.uk...

"The 1976 Symington Amendment to the Foreign Appropriations Bill of 1961 forbids the United States from giving foreign aid to any nation that is developing nuclear technology outside the NNPT...

...Israel gets approximately $15 billion a year from the American taxpayers. ...

...That $15 billion is $30,000 for every man, woman and child in Israel."

Would that be construed as "hatespeech"?

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
its not because people hate the Jews, its because of the crimes committed by the Israeli government, hell if any other country does what Israel is doing then there will be hundreds of threads against that country.

obviously some people still have their dignity and they care about one another while you sit at home eating chips. I don't care if thousands of rockets land on Israel, they shouldn't have stolen the Palestinian land, they should destroy Palestinian farms, and they shouldn't bulldoze Palestinian houses.

they destroyed Gazaan food factories, schools, hospitals, then they built walls around them, cut off food and water supplies. starving a whole nation. million people.

i think there should be more threads exposing the Zionist agenda and evil crimes, and until the blockade on Gaza is lifted there will always be people who stand up for the oppressed and against the oppressors.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Also, and this is important, just because someone disagrees with how a given country or group went about something and creates a thread about it, doesn't necessarily mean they are anti-x.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by primus2012]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Do you believe anyone who criticises the actions of Israel is anti semetic? There is a reason for so many Threads criticising Israel at the moment. Maybe you should present your arguments in one of the many existing threads. You can bring forth you defence of Israel, rather than make assumptions about the posters on ATS

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

I don't know who is putting what out, but they have kicked this dead horse so many times, there isn't anything left.

Who has the money to plaster the internet with propaganda?

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

I totally agree. It is not anti-Israeli to crtiticize the actions and decisions of the government of Israel.

Just like it is not anti-American to criticize the actions and decisions of the US government.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Duplicate

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Moonguy]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join