It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neighbors Who Keep Curtains Closed Reported as Terror Suspects in UK

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

They are really trying to get people to grass on weed farmers under the laws of anti terrorism

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Mods Delete

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Maddogkull]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

LOL its amazing, i know.. and electricty throughout most homes even!
Very much agreed on the beauty of this land, i know i am in love with the place..and thank you for the bizarre laws, i have heard of a number of them since moving here.. such as it being illegal to kiss or show affection in town centres.. they arent actually enforced in this day and age, but still interesting i think..
I am fairly amused by something that happened yesterday just after replying here on this subject.. i have mentioned on other threads that i have been speaking with a couple of Jehova witness women for a few months now, and after replying here they showed up for a visit. At the end, as they were leaving one of them asked me curiously why i keep my curtains closed lol.. (we have a bay window that needs netting is the main reason they are closed, but even so they are white and the light comes through clearly, so she wasnt asking due to lack of light in the room) i explained about the lace netting i wanted to get there so we can use the part of the living room etc.. she carried on telling me of a nearby market that i might find some at, some decorating tips and that was that lol.. just found it oddly timed.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

I'd move to Wales near Snowdonia National Park like a shot, but I can't afford to do it right now. Maybe one day.

That's funny about them asking you about your curtains being closed in your window, I would have been tempted to tell them thats what all the terrorists are doing nowadays.

I know some of the laws still in existence today are crazy, time for reform i think.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

lol i should have..but those raised in America arent always the best at sarcasm so that could have backfired on me! are you in the UK, if its ok to ask? if not no worries..i always feel here in the small villages of Wales theres a sort of.. time warp going on, its fairly lazy, quiet, and all around chilled out compared to many places i hear of at least..

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
i think you brits need to find a better way than closed curtains or kids drawings LOL

this is beyond stupidity...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

I'm living in Manchester at the moment. I grew up in a small town surrounded by countryside, so I kind of miss it now and again.

lol, i know what you mean by it feeling a bit like a time warp living in small places like that. Nothng seems happen or change much. It has its appeal now as I've grown out of my mad night clubbing years and I'd love some peace and quiet, to wake up to fresh air coming through would be a bonus.

Some people who live in the city think village life is like this.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

Lol.. great clip, thanks for that, and yes many do have a similiar impression.. but i can understand at a certain point really desiring the quiet and the country more and more.. i couldnt move out of it, personally.. especially by the ocean to wake to fresh sea air coming in through the windows.. lovely-ness
i am sure its greatly different in the cities here, where i live i cant even imagine something such as the OP topic, happening here or anywhere i know of..a lot of people in the UK and Europe in general are A LOT less conditioned and manipulated than Americans, and thats being said after plenty of various meetings of people on both sides of the water! no one escapes it but its less than many people in the states who are entirely programmed. i am becoming more and more convinced its a test bed country for everything from food additives to GMOs to freedom restrictions, its about what tptb can actually get away with and they get away with a great deal more over there.. and this i only say because i have actually witnessed this over the past years of living in both places with people.. so i am not just talking out of me backside with no actual experience of this lol..America being a test bed however is just a theory i have considered, and looking at the place it seems un nervingly likely. they want terrorists, they need to go look in the damned white house.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join