It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcanic activity, earthqukes, oil spills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I wonder if it is possible that all of the volcanic and earthquake activity is realted to one phenomenon. Caused by what I don't know, but there seems to be a great increase in pressures and forces down below. I wonder if it is possible that this Horizon oil spill is actually, in part, the result of the those increased forces. Yes BP messed up, but perhaps the increased pressure was caused by the same phenomenon that is causing earthquakes and volcanic activity. I read that an offshore well in the North Sea is also reporting increased pressure.

Again this is not to absove BP, which should be held responsible for this, but perhaps there is more to the story...

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Silenceisall]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The earthquakes and volcanic activity has increased dramatticly this year and the news was saying the original oil rig explosion may have been caused by a methane gas pocket.

maybe this is the start of the pole shift?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If this is true then it might be wise to take measures to be able to plug these wells under greater pressure or start plugging them until they know wtf is going on. It's better to be safe than sorry.Safety meeting everyone.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well i was thinking something strange was going on with all the volcanic activity and earthquakes.

So i did a little researching into how many volcano's go off per year on average. I already know that the earthquake activity is normal.

I found that on average there will be around 60 or so volcanic eruptions/activity per year.

There have been since the Iceland volcano, 7 other eruptions. The first being 23/05/2010 to today 01/06/2010. So thats 7 volcanic eruptions in 9 days, is this normal???

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

The earthquakes are on the same pace to be at normal numbers but the thing I find strange is the number of quakes that have been happening in the same areas. This might mean that these are small quakes leading up to larger one

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

My own feeling is that the planet is now under great pressure. There are powerful energies now surging through society and the physical planet itself. There is always increased pressure during a time of great transition (such as during a birth), which I think we have entered. I do not think we are headed for destruction, but I think we may be in for a rough ride, until we get our intentions aligned with the universe.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Silenceisall]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
reply to post by boo1981

The earthquakes are on the same pace to be at normal numbers but the thing I find strange is the number of quakes that have been happening in the same areas. This might mean that these are small quakes leading up to larger one

You are right that the number of quakes is about the same, but what about the average magnitude?

If I get a chance, I will try to chart out the number X magnitude trendline... My guess is that the overall magnitude is increasing...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

a couple of months ago I found a article that says there are 1000 6.0 or greater quakes per year (on average)

I will try to find this article and post it

new topics

top topics

join