It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RESOLVED - CLOSE THREAD] Microsoft tracking AE911Truth website - sickening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
After watching a disturbingly biased 9/11 Conspiracy Theory: Fact or Fiction special on the History Channel. I decided to do a little more research on the evidence of nano-thermate/nano-thermite found in New York (since this fact or fiction special did not even give it a mere mention, or mention the pools of molten metal under the twin towers and Bldg 7).

I went to a few websites and when I opened AE911Truth.org I was forced to take a Microsoft Add-on... I didn't take it yet and wondered if anyone else has come across this sort of thing.

I know my IP can be tracked, it's part of our world, but this feels a little TOO CLOSE TO HOME When one of the prime 9/11 truth sites makes a wave like this.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

"disturbingly biased" I agree, I watched it last night, even the narrator made remarks about Truthers, it was towards the end she said they have no evidence to back up their claims, she didn't say blah blah blah said they have no evidence to back up their claims she said it herself! Ya it really pissed me off!

Edit: I'm not sure i'v never gotten one of those before!

[edit on 31-5-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
you have to click the details thing and see what it is, might be java or flash.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by theuhstuf

It's from Microsoft and just gave a big string of hex digits. No explanation.
I can't do a thing on the site without clicking accept, not even scroll!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I agree with 'theuhstuf' if the site was composed of flash or java then you will have to download something, and thus something will have to be added to your browser. Because it's being added and it's on said computer with the protection on, you'd have to 'okay' it.

Though if it was neither of those to then one would probably suspect something. If you could tell us do you have Java? I'm inspecting the elements of the first page and it seems like that website does have Java. So if you don't have Java then it's a possibility all it was trying to do was ask you to install it.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Try going to it with a different browser. No one in their right mind uses IE, for obvious reasons.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

I just tried it on my Internet Explorer and wasn't promoted to add something.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I changed title to say it's resolved - nothing going on here.

After rebooting it was still there so I agreed to it just to see what would happen. Turns out after accepting the first prompt it was a Flash driver of some sort. I declined and eveything's fine.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morgan Le Fay
Try going to it with a different browser. No one in their right mind uses IE, for obvious reasons.

I agree - but on the other hand, after years working for Cisco, I fully recognize there is NO SUCH THING as internet security without tremendous steps to be untracked. I'm not willing to do all that, change operating systems to a handwritten java, lynux, unix something that my family can't use just to avoid being tracked.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Anyone who knows a little about computers *should not* use IE...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I think your real concern is using IE *shudders*

here let me help ya out.

www.getfirefox.com
www.google.com/chrome

Microsoft IS the man

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Well.. Better get Chrome outta there too.. Why do you trust Google and don't trust MS? Does datamining ring a bell?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by warlok]

top topics

join