It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by area6

If this happened, and from the rappelling video, it's certainly plausible, it explains the casualties.

Israel had no right to stop that ship, or to block it from entering Gaza.

It wasn't in Israeli waters, and the ship had every right to enter Gaza.

But we all know Israel doesn't follow International laws, while it is asking Iran to be bombed because it is pursuing nuclear technology.

Go to hell "the Zionist regime".

I curse for your fall.

I will pray tonight, and I ask all to join me in this prayer, since we have no other hope. The Gazans have no other hope, the Palestinians have no other hope.

Since we all know Israel will not be touched since the US has unilateral backing of Israel at all costs.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
It's times like this one cant help but wonder if Hitler knew about all of this years ago.....

Sorry, but I just reported you to the mods. This is not ok! I do NOT agree with Israel's leadership one bit, but you've gone too far. Nobody's actions justify genocide. Epic fail on your part

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
between North Korea downing a South Korean ship the other day ( our ally ) then this with Israel (our ally) I could very well see this sparking WWIII

Turkey is a member of NATO and an ally as well(from way back in the cold war days)...pay attention world, see how the US backs its long term alliances (read:Treaty).

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauempire

Originally posted by PatesHatriots
reply to post by tauempire

So Israel murders innocent people and when people say that's messed up, you label them as ""anti-semite."

Say, aren't you the guy who posts all the Pro-Israel propaganda? Do clue us in to how Israel was right and just in this incident.

No but im saying this is turning into a anti-semite thread...thats what its turning into.

It is turning into a hate fest!

You people are practically advocating for war dude!

"ISRAEL MUST PAY", "ISRAEL IS GETTING WHAT IS COMING TO THEM"

"EUROPE MUST FLEX ITS MUSCLES"

"COWARDS"

"MURDERERS"

"I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM FACE [insert whatever army you think could wipe israel off the face of the eart]"

GIVE ME A BREAK!

[edit on 30-5-2010 by tauempire]

[edit on 30-5-2010 by tauempire]

Good work! That's a very nice summary of the truth.

link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

A couple of questions:

1. What does the Israeli government have on the rest of the world to let them get away with things like this?:

rt.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.guardian.co.uk...
etc, etc, etc

2. Why does the Israeli government continue to get billions in "aid from the US?

3. If Turkey is a NATO member and Turkish ships were attacked, how does that play out with the rest of the NATO members?

I will stop here before I receive a visit to my house from the ADL accusing me of being a terrorist.

link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Originally posted by D.E.M.
The Turks have called an emergency meeting to discuss response (The ship attacked was turkish).

No news source as of yet, hopefully this won't turn into a war by tomorrow.

No war will break out. The Turks will respond by protesting at the UN. A resolution condemning Israel will be proposed and subsequently vetoed by the United States and Great Britain.

/shrug

The US certainly would veto any action, but the UK has a history of abstaining in such resoltuions against Israel. We're not as die hard fans of them as the Yanks are.

Also, one has to wander what the legitmacy of such action by Israel is. Just because ships enter their waters it does not give them the right to attack them. International Law gives ships the right of passage if their intentions are not hostile, even to warships, although not surprisingly Israel isn't a signatory to the Law of the Sea convention, much like it isn't part of the NPT.

link   
This could be the GREAT MISTAKE that Webots had predicted for Israel.

Also, Turkey is no country to trifle with. I've been there...Armed to the teeth and not afraid to use those arms.

But shooting unarmed civilians and politicians in international waters???

Can anyone say CRAZY ZIONISTS three times quickly?

Those damned Zionists knew that the activists were in no way armed or dangerous. To jump on those boats guns blazing is beyond comprehension to a sane person... A sane person.

Hell, they must have forgotten that they weren't in Israel doing what they regularly do to people there this time.

Israel might have just cooked its goose this time. It's amazing that it's gotten away with as much as it has up to this date but big money talks hey? Just ask our brave US politicians who work regularly with AIPAC. We all know who they are.

Edited for a spelling error due to my very angry emotions right now.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by warequalsmurder]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well, I think it's safe to say this is going to be avoided by the MSM. If they do pick it up, they're going to portray it as if Israel wiped out some "terrorists." The support we Americans give to Israel is repulsive.

link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

A few snippets:

Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor said that after a security check, permitted humanitarian aid confiscated from the boats will be transferred to Gaza through authorized channels. However, Israel would not transfer items it has banned from Gaza under its blockade rules. Palmor said that for example, cement would be allowed only if it is tied to a specific project.

I saw that, and it sounds nice, but how did (according to some sources) as many as ten unarmed people get killed in international waters?

How does it sound nice? The palestinians did not get cement for 3 years. How is that nice when you can't rebuilt what they destroy? And palestinians can consider themselves lucky if half the stuff sent reaches them.
But no matter what happens it is a victory for the palestinians, more people will understand how Israel treats them like animals and when people in power reach the tipping point, something will be done.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by TheOracle]

link   
"According to one unconfirmed report, the other protest vessels have been intercepted and are being led to Israel."

source

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

How did they provoke them? Did they have weapons pointed at the Israeli ships?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I keep seeing different numbers of dead thrown around (like it matters). But some are saying up to 15 dead.

And this was in International waters? With European dignitaries on board? And a ship was "Turkish"?

What the hell?

The rabid Zionists are at it again. Frothing at the mouth and shooting civilians again.

If true, this is an International incident that could get REALLY ugly.

Israel's true colors are shown again....and these guys are our "Friends"?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Another report just in says 10 Killed:

10 Deaths Reported as Israel Attacks Aid Flotilla

By ISABEL KERSHNER
Published: May 31, 2010

JERUSALEM — The Israeli Navy attacked a flotilla carrying hundreds of pro-Palestinian activists and thousands of tons of supplies for Gaza on Monday morning, news agencies reported, killing 10 people and wounding at least 30.

The warships first intercepted the aid flotilla shortly before midnight on Sunday, surprising the boats in international waters, according to activists on one vessel.

Israel had vowed not to let the flotilla reach the shores of Gaza, where the Islamic militant group Hamas holds sway.
NY Times

Might want to update the title with that casualty information.

The last paragraph in the excerpt from the NY Times also supports the claim that they were in international waters and not even on the shores of Gaza.

Did they really go too far this time?

How long before better spin control, and the Israeli Internet Defense storms web forum news threads to the point of derailing the whole topic?

Don't let them and don't let your anger sway you to say regrettable things.
This needs to be discussed without "antisemitism" being involved.

- Lee

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

And now... Kurdish-Israeli trained militants attacked a Turkish military base, early this morning, killing 6 soldiers.
I'm sure Turkey will be thrilled by that

Death toll now at 16, more than 60 injured. Israel still shooting at the boats it seems.

Turkey should send a few subs and destroy any ship/helico shooting at the boats then ask Israel if they want to continue.

link   
Israel is playing the game of bashing other nations knowing it will always be backed up by his big and strong brother USA. I wonder what they will do "IF" USA say: "Sorry Israel from now on, you are on your own"

link   

Originally posted by stumason
Also, one has to wander what the legitmacy of such action by Israel is. Just because ships enter their waters

Let me stop you there, the flotilla was 90 miles off the coast and in International Waters at the time of the attack...not Israeli waters, not Palestinian waters(which are seperate from Israel believe it or not).

By definition this piracy and an act of war on NATO, of course law and treaties mean jack when dealing with Israel.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

How do you know the poster is a liberal? The most rabid anti-Israel people are right-wing.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Wow

I knew they weren't going to make it to Gaza, but I figured just the usual kidnapping was in order, not killing.

After all the footage showing the old, important civilians and aid supplies, they still kill people.

Makes me sick.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by D.E.M.
The Turks have called an emergency meeting to discuss response (The ship attacked was turkish).

No news source as of yet, hopefully this won't turn into a war by tomorrow.

No war will break out. The Turks will respond by protesting at the UN. A resolution condemning Israel will be proposed and subsequently vetoed by the United States and Great Britain.

/shrug

The US certainly would veto any action, but the UK has a history of abstaining in such resoltuions against Israel. We're not as die hard fans of them as the Yanks are.

Also, one has to wander what the legitmacy of such action by Israel is. Just because ships enter their waters it does not give them the right to attack them. International Law gives ships the right of passage if their intentions are not hostile, even to warships, although not surprisingly Israel isn't a signatory to the Law of the Sea convention, much like it isn't part of the NPT.

The flotilla never entered Israeli or Palestinian waters. .

As to any further questions of legality:

UN rights chief: Israel's blockade of Gaza illegal
(philstar.com) Updated August 14, 2009 09:03 PM

GENEVA (AP) — United Nations human rights chief Navi Pillay today accused Israel of violating the rules of warfare with its blockade stopping people and goods from moving in or out of the Gaza Strip.

In a 34-page report on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Pillay also called on Israel to stop expanding its West Bank settlements and punish all settlers who attack Palestinians.

Israeli Ambassador Aharon Leshno-Yaar rejected the findings of the UN high commissioner for human rights. He said the report reflected the anti-Israel bias of the UN Human Rights Council that commissioned it, and failed to note recent Israeli moves to ease restrictions on Palestinians.

Leshno-Yaar, Israel's ambassador to the United Nations in Geneva, said Pillay "didn't make any effort to investigate things herself, which is quite unfortunate."

Pillay said the Gaza blockade amounts to collective punishment of civilians, which is prohibited under the Geneva Conventions on the conduct of warfare and occupation.

www.philstar.com...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This is disgusting.

Firing on an aid convoy in international waters is an act of war. Heck, if those vessels had nukes on them it would still be illegal to board them in international waters.

Israel should pay dearly for this. Turkey needs to stand up, and not in the useless organization that is the U.N. Sanctions and harsh words do NO justice to 10+ innocent people murdered with no viable provocation.

These murderers are no better than Somali pirates now. I can only hope they'll be treated as such.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join