It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mose and Aaron

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hello people

I thought a long time now about a new thread I will start, but simple didnt found a good reason. Guess I had to do enough with reading.
To the point reading.
There exist many conversations about the bible.
They fought and still fight wars cause the bible exist.
But?
Did anybody really ever read that book?
Or only learned into school?
I made the decision that if I want to talk about the bible, understand it and find the secrets in there, I ve to read that book. From the beginning to the end. To Alpha and Omega..
Shure, Im not finished with that experimence, but I try!

Now to the point with Aaron and Mose.

After reading that book, I recognized that there were 2 prophets. Not only 1. Everybody only know Mose. Everybody know the story with Mose and the red sea. But many people dont know that there were Aaron too. His brother. The one who spoke to the jews. Who also brought them out of Egypt. Or made also the same signs (Exodus 7:19, 8:1,12).
Its an interesting point.
Cause now only Mose is important for people. They only know Mose the prophet who made the miracles into Egypt and brought the jews out of Egypt and went with them 40 years through the desert.

Nobody remember Aaron.
And why not?
Thats my question here I will bring up.

Why did they forget Aaron?

Here a link about Aaron..shure.. cant only be Wiki

en.wikipedia.org...

Nia Wind

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NW111

I don't think everyone forgot Aaron. I certainly didn't as I named my youngest son after him.

Moses had the power in being instructed directly by God. Aaron was the front man but everyone knew that Moses was the one in charge. It would be like Obama and Gibbs (horrid example). Gibbs is the press secretary and Obama is the one in charge. No one talks about Gibbs.

My 2c.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NW111

In the Jewish tradition, Aaron was more popular with the people. He was "the great communicator." Moses was more of a cerebral guy with "uncircumcised lips" i.e. he had some sort of speech impediment. There are many instances in the Bible where Aaron does the talking for Moses, whether it be talking before the Pharoh or before the Israelites.

Whether or not you chose to believe there is any historical accuracy behind the Bible or the story of Aaron and Moses is for another debate. The Aaron-Moses dichotomy does point out that the person that is well like today may be nearly forgotten tomorrow. Substance and ideas survive the passage of time while glitz and sparkle fade. Perhaps this is why Aaron is more of a peripheral character while Moses takes center stage.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I remember reading about Aaron and Moses. If I recall Aaron spoke for Moses because of his speech issue. Moses still did all the miracles and signs from God.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If i remember correctly from school days, Aharon was mediator between Moshe and people. Moshe spoke to God. And Aharon participated (though unwillingly) in creation of golden calf.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
We're also told that Moses was "very meek-
more than all men that were on the face of the earth".
Numbers ch12 v3
This was another reason for wanting somebody else to do the talking.

You will find that the priests all regard themselves as descendants of Aaron, so at least they've got a reason to remember him

[edit on 30-5-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

What does "meek" stand for?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

"Meek" is another word for "shy". Opposite of "pushy".

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Thanks for answering my question.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

After reading that book, I recognized that there were 2 prophets. Not only 1
reply to post by NW111

I have read the Bible all the way through for the same reason you stated you were doing so now.
But 2 prophets? Aren't there more than that? What were Isaiah and Ezekiel, and Jeremiah, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Micah, etc., etc. ??

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
What do you mean?

Aaron is very highly regarded.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

After reading that book, I recognized that there were 2 prophets. Not only 1
reply to post by NW111

I have read the Bible all the way through for the same reason you stated you were doing so now.
But 2 prophets? Aren't there more than that? What were Isaiah and Ezekiel, and Jeremiah, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Micah, etc., etc. ??
I think when he says "book", he meant Exodus, not the entire Bible. I could be misinformed though. Secondly, that's only the tip of the iceberg of the prophets in the scriptures.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

"Meek" is another word for "shy". Opposite of "pushy".

No, meek is the opposite of "prideful". It has nothing to do with one's outspokenness.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
right!

it's also a way to say "gentle".
as in "the meek shall inherit the earth."
meaning those who are not aggressive, violent, and/or mean

but i don't find the word "meek" mentioned even one time in the book of Exodus, and just once in all the 5 books of Moses, which are the first 5 books in the OT.

(Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.) (Numbers 12:3)

Strong's defines it as gentle/humble. However, considering Moses, himself, is traditionally considered the author of the book Numbers, how humble can a person be who describes themselves as humble?

Gentle he might have been, but the overall impression i have of Moses is one of a determined individual with a very set mind and a tendency toward losing his temper.

Moses is one of my top heroes of all time, for reasons i've never been able to fully articulate. He was just a unique person who did some memorable things that literally changed the course of human history, imo.

i admire Aaron, as well, because his role took a lot of guts. Above all, they were both human beings, men, who rose above the call of duty and did things most men would balk at.

my understanding of why Aaron was Moses' mouthpiece was simply because Moses was one of those people who did not like to address large crowds and did not feel he was a man of eloquent speech.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yes, the opposite of prideful, as in humbling themselves, or having that attitude, that others are better than yourself. Etc

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Helly guys!

First off all: Thank you very much for your comments to my little thoughts

Btw... The "he" is a "she" means simple: Im a girl

@ararisq
Nice to hear
.. Yes, not everybody forgot that name. Think only at Tolkins "Lord of the rings".. Isnt the king called Aaron?
Yeah they dont forgot Aaron. They dont forgot the name. But mostly they forgot who Aaron was.

@hotpinkurinalmint
I dont know much about the jewesh Tradidion, but i trust you in that way. Therefor its more interesting that now Mose has the "leading" position into that little story.
Mose was the guy who saw God first. (Exodus 4.10-18) Then god spoke to Aaron and he went into the desert to Mose. Aaron also had the same visions about God and talked to him too.
Also he was able to talk to the oldes from the jewesh.
My point is, that normally Aaron would have the position which has Mose now. Normally.. But why not? Thats the point my thoughts run arround..

@Romantic_Rebel
Nope.. Also Aaron did some miracles. Exodus 7.8-10 He through the stick at the feeds of the pharao and the stick got a snake.

@ZeroKnowledge
Yes, Aaron was the mediator. But he also spoke with God and made miracles.. Mose was too shy to speak to the oldest.. God got mad with him and said he shall go and look for his brother Aaron. But then God also talked with Aaron. ...?

@DISRAELI
Yeah, maybe the priests.. but what is with the rest of the world? The "society" or normals.. whatever you wanna call it.
They pretty forgot that Aaron even exist!

@Chamberf=6
I meant only the book Exodus. Not the whole bible.
There exist many many prophets in there
My thoughts run through Mose and Aaron. Cause they were brothers.
Im not shure if there was another pair of prophets-brothers. Please tell me if im wrong here.

@NOTurTypical
Yeah.. its only the tip of the iceberg. In my opinion a very interesting tip. I dont know how it works in the us or other where.. but here in Europe they pretty simple dont know Aaron, but always talk loud out of Mose..

meek or not meek... Please dont forget that Im an Austrian. Which means I read the bible into the German Version...
Is a way different as the english Version.

@queenannie38
Thx for the point.. I forgot that Mose wrote Numbers..
Im only so intersted into them both, cause they were brothers. Like Kain and Able.. only they didnt kill eachother

Prophet-brothers!

*still thinking about that
Nia

top topics

join