It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nassim Haramein's Delegate Program

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
90% of the thread = ridicule
10% of the thread = honest discussion

You avoided an honest discussion of Russell's "Universal", which is disappointing! I want to hear your take on the theory that sex is the driving force of energy generation inside stars, and formation of ice caps on Mars. I'm also quite puzzled by electromagnetic properties of sex, which Russell says are significant. You brought up this author, and all of a sudden you keep mum. And you have the nerve to complain about lack of discussion???

Of course there is plenty of other sorts of babble in this works, like "Man is Mind. Mind is God. Life is Eternal". But it's the point about the sexual energy that resides inside an iron bar (as Russell has discovered) that kind of stands out. If I didn't feel like subjecting that to ridicule, I'd probably be quite a sick person myself.

edit on 11-4-2011 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Surely you know that the terms male and female regarding physics is only an analogy to such things as explosion vs. implosion, outward vs. inward - duality.

You're not serious; you're being facetious, as usual.

Get real.

Soooooooooooo tiresome.

Again, the subject of the thread is the role of spirituality.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I guess the rules are: Mary can quote anything she wants and it's serious discussion matter.

But if you or I quote the exact same source she just quoted, but a different passage, we're accused of ridicule.

Mary, most of my previous post was from quotes from or discussion about sources you've been promoting. You complain about the lack of serious discussion but frankly you rarely discuss anything, so you have to accept your responsibility for that.

Your typical thread contributions go like this:
"I was reading AAA by author AAA and found it interesting:

quote from author AAA
Thoughts?"

Next post
"I like this curmudgeon BBB:

quote from author BBB
"

etc.

Not much discussion. I recall one instance where you actually discussed something, and I complimented you on actually expressing your own ideas rather than just regurgitating what someone else said. And I think you received my sincere compliment well, but unfortunately that positive reinforcement hasn't led to much additional real discussion from you.

I can only speculate on why you seem so reluctant to discuss it, but based on clues you've provided it may be because you don't understand the subject matter very well. You can't really blame anyone else for that. I've even posted links to free online resources where you can learn what those mainstream scientists and mathematicians think, so you'll be in a better position to argue against them. But the only argument you've offered that I can recall is this one (I know you've commented on my pictures, but aren't they worth a thousand words?"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fef9e755e01e.jpg[/atsimg]
Skewed views of science

The renegades who have proven mainstream science wrong again and again have themselves learned the mainstream science first, because how can you prove something wrong which you yourself do not understand? So nobody's asking you to agree with mainstream science, just to learn what you're dismissing and to use something more than intuition to dismiss it. I hope you don't think that's too unreasonable.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Again, let's get on-topic.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

. . . how to meditate and . . . influence. . . work.

This is the topic.

Not alternative vs. mainstream science and who's right and who's wrong.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Surely you know that the terms male and female regarding physics is only an analogy to such things as explosion vs. implosion, outward vs. inward - duality.

In physics, we don't use terms "male" and "female", with notable exception of electrical connectors in a variety of applications. What Russel does do is hijack the dictionary for the purpose of philosophizing. Example:

Sex is unsatisfied when the electro-magnetic forces of matter in motion are unequal, and it is satisfied when those forces are equal

What are "electro-magnetic forces of matter"? Forces created by matter, or experienced by same and why does it necessarily needs to be in motion? And with regard to what? And what "deity" needs to be satisfied? What does sex have to do with electromagnetism? It's just a completely arbitrary use of words. Replace "sex" with "cosmic flatulence" and the phrases in that book won't change much, in that they won't acquire any real meaning.

A lightning flash is the power of sex equalizing positive and negative electro-magnetic disturbances of equilibrium between two oppositely and unequally charged storm clouds

Only a person obsessed with sex can see it in any and all phenomena around him. Freud would be amazed. Sometimes, an electrical discharge is just an electrical discharge, you know?

In motion-in-inertia, sex desire is negative

Again, the Universe is permeated with desire, according to Russell.

All form is form of sex

Oh Gosh... This guy was something...

Sound is a dimension

Another hijack.

Chemists have found that some of the elements will consent to unite with some other elements only with persuasion while they are very desirous of uniting with other elements

Those naughty elements!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Again, let's get on-topic.

OK, I oblige. This is in the OP:

Meditation techniques based on this knowledge will also be offered as an invaluable tool to aid in further integration, as you learn how to more effectively tap into the vacuum energy and the curvature of space and time and connect to your own personal singularity.

Mary, what's your own personal singularity?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I know what you're doing.

I'm not taking the bait.

You're very clever.

But you're still trying to derail the thread.

Do you believe meditation is a way of getting information that cannot be derived in any other way?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

. . . singularity.

From what I've been able to gather, "singularity" means neutral point.

That's the significance of the pineal gland vs. the left and right brain, perhaps - mediating between the two in order to achieve balance.

I'm looking for insights people have about this.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

. . . singularity.

From what I've been able to gather, "singularity" means neutral point.

What are you sources and method of reasoning to ascertain that? There are multiple uses of this word, but I don't recall to ever have heard it as denoting something neutral.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

It's the opinion of a person whose opinion I respect.

What do you think is the meaning of the word within the context of meditation - a personal singularity?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

It's the opinion of a person whose opinion I respect.

Ah, so you like to express your blind belief in something that you simply can't begin to understand? And you called yourself a researcher and investigator more times than I can comfortably count? And you accused others of being slaves to somebody else's notions? Sheesh...

What do you think is the meaning of the word within the context of meditation - a personal singularity?

I think that's a complete bullsh!t. I used to practice meditation for quite a while, on a regular basis, first myself, than in a Buddhist temple under the guidance of a monk. So I'm sort of speaking from experience. What the likes of Haramein are trying to sell you (sometimes at a profit, indeed) is psychobabble with no substance but lots of important-sounding words -- like "singularity".

I do think that meditation is useful and important, but I cringe when I see something like:

as you learn how to more effectively tap into the vacuum energy and the curvature of space and time and connect to your own personal singularity

It's a perversion of the mediation as a technique, all in order to satisfy the dumbed-down New Age crowd.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Ah, so you like to express your blind belief in something that you simply can't begin to understand?

I can't begin to understand?

You're the authority on the subject, I take it?

Originally posted by buddhasystem And you called yourself a researcher and investigator more times than I can comfortably count?

Yes, I am. I ask alot of questions. I go looking for answers.

And you accused others of being slaves to somebody else's notions? Sheesh...

No slave here. I think for myself. Don't try to figure everything out by myself. I'm on the forum to learn as well as share my findings.

I do think that meditation is useful and important . . .

Does it provide information to a scientist he/she does not get in the lab, reading, talking to others, or any other input?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Buddhasystem -

Why are you here? You are a most unkind and sick person. Go do some real work, quit wasting your time here.

You completely do not understand anything I have told you the entire time.

You are not familiar with the source material, nor are you qualified to speak about it since you deny the context it clearly exists within.

Go read some Wilhelm Reich. Release your own bio-energy... its obvious that it is all cooped up inside you. Your character structure is so predictable, and you put up such hasty and blind barriers to shield your nucleus(ego) from harm.

The universe is built upon 'sex' - the union of opposites. This is so obviously an alchemical and hermetic concept within a clear and discernable academic context of esotericism, that you continually come off as an ignorant bastard every time you let your fingers work to preserve your character. I am sure you will pick apart one section of this post and blow it up and conflate it with my entire premise yet again...

You are incapable of critical thinking about what you read. No, let me rephrase that... you won't critically think about what you don't want to read.

The only question is why you keep coming back? If you think its a dead horse, then why beat it?

To me, this is clearly a psychological symptom of the suppressed individuation process. There is a deep part inside of you that slightly recognizes the obvious truths expressed by many of the quotes and people we discuss... But the main part - the part with the drive to survive and perpetuate itself - this part of you won't accept the threat the other poses to its own dominant existence.

So the deep down part keeps itching to find a possible kernel of something useful here... while the sadistic majority continually takes over in a blinding attempt to eradicate all opposition to its existence - all the while passing itself off as a noble effort to deny ignorance. In reality, it is denial and poor intellectual honesty.

You think the horse is dead, that the game is won, that you are right, and that you are on top.

Wake up, Mr. Green.

Keep consuming.

The greatest con that he ever pulled, was making you believe... that he, is you.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
Buddhasystem -

Why are you here? You are a most unkind and sick person.

Or really? For calling out sheer idiocy of Rodin, Haramein and other such pseudo-science? If sticking with fact and scientific method is called sickness, that's pretty telling of where you are coming from.

Go do some real work, quit wasting your time here.

My time here is not wasted. Maybe somebody will read the critique I provided here, at some point in time, and won't become a stupid zombie proclaiming that "a vortex is an intersection of dimensions", "there is a black hole inside every atom" (sound familiar?), or "singularity is a neutral point", or "using your own personal singularity will allow you to better control curvature of space-time during meditation", or anything related to Rodin's doughnut solving all of humanity's problems in one go. And that would be a good result to my effort.

You are right, I don't follow psychobabble about "macro to micro, each particle is a subharmonic" and other such nonsense.

You are not familiar with the source material,

Oh yes I am, I did go to the pain of reading some of it, it just hurts how stupid it is.

Your character structure is so predictable

Yep, I'm consistent.

and you put up such hasty and blind barriers to shield your nucleus(ego) from harm

You can't possibly harm my ego, dude. It's way beyond your capacity (which I don't know what it is, but it doesn't seem significant in the field being discussed here).

that you continually come off as an ignorant bastard

That's a hell of an argument, of course! Absolutely best you can do.

edit on 13-4-2011 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

You got more tricks than a clown's pocket, don't you Mr. Green.

Have fun. See you in the real world.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
Buddhasystem -

Why are you here? You are a most unkind and sick person. Go do some real work, quit wasting your time here.

Buddhasystem isn't being unkind or sick. He's just trying to explain that a great deal of what is said here by Mary and yourself is fanciful bullsh1t, either meaningless or outright false.

The fact that he doesn't express agreement on any of your views doesn't mean that he doesn't understand it. There's a big difference! Claiming that he doesn't understand any of the issues you're talking about is utterly crazy.

I guess you'd love to have the forum to yourself, to spout whatever your views are and not have them challenged. Unfortunately this is a public forum.

Luckily for you, it is just a talking shop, so you can play around with whatever silly views you like here. In the real world, where people actually need to rely on things being true, where people need to use real understanding to make things happen, where people need to know how things work in order to fix them, or to understand the delicate dynamical process in human bodies in order to heal them... in fact when anyone needs to be relied on for anything other than story-telling... they'll use real science, and not the opinionated tribal garbage you love so much.

Of course they will.

I know you don't care. You want your stories and your psychobabble, and you don't want anyone to disagree with the people who present your favourite ideas. But when you and the people who present your favourite ideas talk such cr@p, I'm very glad someone is speaking out.

Anyway, this thread is on Haramein. Haramein is an absolute fake. Nothing of his has, is or ever will be relied on by anyone – except, of course, other story-tellers. And no work of his has been or ever will be judged acceptable by any academic establishment – except of course his own crooked institution, which needs to promote his ideas to stay afloat, regardless of how ill-informed they are, regardless of all the blatant reasons why they're untrue, and worst of all regardless of how many people they have to mislead to do it.

It's all been said a million times already to deaf ears. There it is again.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobathon
Haramein is an absolute fake.

Baloney.

Sooooo tiresome.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Baloney.
Says the person who is unable to debate the physics due to a lack of physics knowledge.

Regarding meditation, it's a great tool, but not good enough to give Haramein insight enough to explain 39 orders of magnitude difference between his theory and observation regarding the proton mass. He should have resolved that discrepancy before publishing his paper.

Hope springs eternal.
If eternity is the amount of time you're willing to wait for Haramein to explain the "discrepancy", you're more patient than I am. But that's probably a good estimate of how long it will take for him to come up with an explanation that fits the facts, which is another way of saying it will never happen. If he had an explanation, he would have already given it to us, instead of saying he'll get around to it someday.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

He's about as real as reptilian Illuminati vampires are.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join