It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the last week-end of the Euro

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
And this week is the Bilderberg meeting.

If that were to happen, it would be a HUGE BLOW to those pieces of filth globalists.

And it would benefit the greek people and the european people, which most of them don't want the euro.

Let's hope the Greek government DOES THIS AND SET FREE THE EUROPEAN CONTINENT OF THOSE FASCISTS.

Greece urged to give up euro

THE Greek government has been advised by British economists to leave the euro and default on its €300 billion (£255 billion) debt to save its economy.

Greek politicians have played down the prospect of abandoning the euro, which could lead to the break-up of the single currency.

Speaking from Athens yesterday, Doug McWilliams, chief executive of the CEBR, said: “Leaving the euro would mean the new currency will fall by a minimum of 15%. But as the national debt is valued in euros, this would raise the debt from its current level of 120% of GDP to 140% overnight.

Greece’s departure from the euro would prove disastrous for German and French banks, to which it owes billions of euros.

McWilliams called the move “virtually inevitable” and said other members may follow.

“The only question is the timing,” he said. “The other issue is the extent of contagion. Spain would probably be forced to follow suit, and probably Portugal and Italy, though the Italian debt position is less serious.

“Could this be the last weekend of the single currency? Quite possibly, yes.”

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

But the thing I fear from the globalists is to pull off world war 3 or a big false-flag to stop all this. Like a wounded beast, the more they are cornered, the more dangerous they are.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
What if all these nations just announced the following. "Well, we quit using the euro, and since all of our debt was in euros, poof! Sorry suckers!!!"

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Thanks for the post. S&F.

The real question is what happens after all of this. Will this usher in a new era of economic liberty where currencies are backed up by something tangible or will this instead create the perfect climate for more government control & oversight of the economy?

This is one of the last comments from your source. A very good question indeed. I'm guessing that it will more than likely be the later, and there will be a push for more government intervention.

I could see Spain following Greece within days if this does indeed happen.

Good find.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

The US dollar increased for its longest string of monthly against the euro during the Friday currency trading session. It has not had this number of daily gains against the euro since 2000. The move away from the euro is due to investor concerns about the large amounts of debt in the euro zone as well as the fiscal cutbacks that are so significant that need to occur throughout Europe. The move away from riskier assets like the euro forced investors to turn to the safe haven of the US dollar.

Euro too risky as dollar moves up

Coming after Spain's downgrade in credit rating...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
This makes me question, what role did having a sole European currency play in the Greek collapse? Would Europe be facing the same economic collapse if each nation still had its own currency?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
What if all these nations just announced the following. "Well, we quit using the euro, and since all of our debt was in euros, poof! Sorry suckers!!!"

That would be great, IMHO. The Greek Dracma was a beautiful work of art. My friends called it "monopoly money" and denied it's real beauty.
I don't know what backed it up, at the time, but my friends considered it trash and spent it like it was trash. Me, however, put it to good use while I was in Greece.

Yeh, but I'm talking about 20 years ago.

Frig a Euro, and if it comes, Frig an Amero.

Every country needs to create a value for their currency. You don' t like it?
Don't trade in that currency.

If I have a big carved rock sitting somewhere, and everyone knows this is my rock, and they value it, and then we trade upon this rock, then so be it. But don't tell me a Euro in Belgium, for example, is worth the same as a Euro in Greece. It ain't so. And a US dollar in Kentucky is worth the same as a US dollar in, say, Argentina or China, is worth the same. Not even. Just more games.

Ya got something to back up your claims? Didn't think so. Meanwhile, everyone on my island knows that big carved rock is of value.

A single currency across borders doesn't mean it's the same value. It's a game, folks. It does nothing, but create a global governance. And, that, in my opinion, is not good.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by broahes
reply to post by Vitchilo

Thanks for the post. S&F.

The real question is what happens after all of this. Will this usher in a new era of economic liberty where currencies are backed up by something tangible or will this instead create the perfect climate for more government control & oversight of the economy?

This is one of the last comments from your source. A very good question indeed. I'm guessing that it will more than likely be the later, and there will be a push for more government intervention.

I could see Spain following Greece within days if this does indeed happen.

Good find.

I think you're right. I agree it's a good question, and wherever there is a question there is uncertainty, but looking at the past for examples, I really don't think TPTB are going to lose their grip in an "economic meltdown" scenario. What do you suppose they talk about behind closed doors, at their Bilderberg meetings, IMF conferences, etc? How great Karl Marx was? No. They are constantly scheming, playing damage control, modifying approaches, utilizing powerful think tanks, recruiting like-minded reprobates, assessing and analyzing and always trying to stay three steps ahead. Overall they are extremely motivated individuals. They are crazy, not stupid.

What further disturbs me is the fact that there is an underground industry of black projects, funded by a global drug trade which could very well process over a trillion dollars annually. What will happen to this industry, how will they respond, if the global economy collapses? Even scarier, in the name of preserving the status quo, what might they do to try and prevent it?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The bilderberg groups control the economy, as you know. It's how they operate. SO if the eruo ever break up, it is because they decided to.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter

In fact it will be worse if they leave the euro, because they will have to pay their debt in euro with a weaker currency...

Don't forget Papandreou is a bildelberg group attendant. So if he leaves the euro it's in TPTB interests.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ickylevel
The bilderberg groups control the economy, as you know. It's how they operate. SO if the eruo ever break up, it is because they decided to.

Oh yeah. The Masters of the Universe. Everything is under control

Like the oil leak...

It was intended.

Must've been.

Bilderberg is messy as any other messy government. They just pretend to be so important, meeting in secrecy and farting out confident smiles.

I'd like to see them all in one airplane

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
This makes me question, what role did having a sole European currency play in the Greek collapse? Would Europe be facing the same economic collapse if each nation still had its own currency?

The Greek economy hasn't collapsed because of the Euro and the Euro only. If they still had the Drachma, there be no options left for the Greek government to finance its debts and their country have collapsed long ago.

If each nation was still to have its own currency, countries such as Germany and my own (the Netherlands) would have probably been better off. The D-mark and Guilder were among the strongest currencies in Europe, both countries have a strong fiscal policy, a strong economic foundation and (had) relatively low debts.

Now we are made to pay for countries that lived too long beyond their means and created a big financial mess. We are made to pay for this with a very small chance of ever retrieving a single penny. We don't bear responsible for the incompetence of other peoples and it is exactly like this CEO says:

Larry Fink, chief executive of money manager BlackRock Inc.:

“We’re frightened at this moment to see how this can all play out with these countries already in a fragile position ... Now they’re going to have to bring down their deficits in the tens of billions of dollars to stabilize their country, but will that destabilize their social fabric? ... The real question is how long can Netherlands, France and Germany support these Southern Rim countries.”

sour ce

I cannot answer that question, but I do know one thing: nothing is infinite and considering that a trillion was required reduce volatility as a result of the Greek mess, one could only wonder how many trillions are necessary if countries such as Italy and Spain collapse.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

As I understand it, the fact that Greece did not not have its own currency took away a very important tool/option for them.

They did not have the option of creating more of their own currency, by borrowing through their own banking systems, to pay back certain portions of their foreign debt. This would be inflationary, of course, but they would be able to try to manage the process by turning up or down their borrowings based on their domestic economy's actual inflation reaction to the measure.

They could have used this new Greek currency to buy Euros to help manage their Euro debt.

Instead, they had to rely on other owners of Euros (like Germany) to bail them out - even though their debt exceeds their GDP, which means they will be on the brink of default for a long time - and might be forced to walk away from their foreign debt in order to sustain their own people/Country.

My two U.S. cents worth anyway...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Man, how often must someone tell you the same thing? Your countries BENEFIT from Greeks "bailout" Your countries borrow money from the IMF at aprox. 2-3% interrest and lend it to Greece and others with 5-6%. Thats a win situation for you. Stop being fooled by the divide and conquer speak you re beeing fed

Stop playing the victim here.

Germany is well aware of this scam, so is the Netherlands. The banks are your enemies, not smal countries like Portugal, Greece and the like

This vid pretty much says it all

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Dynamitrios]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Who gave them those loans?
Who taunted them into borrowing?
What were they promised and what did they actually do with all that money?
Can we see on what they spent that humongous sum?

This is all Paper-Collapse.
The economy system based on debt as main currency inevitably has to end like this. It works fine in the beginning, but in the endgame, it simply loses ground. These people who insist on this kind of economy better learn when to stop.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamitrios
reply to post by Mdv2

Man, how often must someone tell you the same thing? Your countries BENEFIT from Greeks "bailout" Your countries borrow money from the IMF at aprox. 2-3% interrest and lend it to Greece and others with 5-6%. Thats a win situation for you. Stop being fooled by the divide and conquer speak you re beeing fed

Stop playing the victim here.

Germany is well aware of this scam, so is the Netherlands. The banks are your enemies, not smal countries like Portugal, Greece and the like

It is far from a win-win situation, because I, and many others don't expect the money borrowed to Greece to be ever returned. Our last minister of finance also assured us the the 30 billion they borrowed to a failed bank would be returned with interest. However, the CEO of this very same bank has only yesterday suggested that it will probably not be possible to ever repay that amount.

The same will happen to Greece, you guys are never ever going to be able to pay off these debts.

Could you provide some sources to support your claim that Eurozone countries borrow the money they use to bail out Greece from the IMF? The billions we donate to Greece are borrowed on the international capital markets, they are not coming from the IMF.

The fact remains that your country should have had its financial affairs in order, because if you would, you would now not be in this situation. Perhaps it is true that those behind the IMF exploit the Greek situation, but it is Greece alone that gave them the stick they are now being beaten with.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

And it would benefit the greek people and the european people, which most of them don't want the euro.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

Eh, I want the Euro. I'm a European. Do I not count? Please explain. I don't hear anyone in my country shouting that they don't want the Euro. On the contrary, it's made life much much easier in many ways.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by J.Clear]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
damn, so it is true Europe is failing!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

For starters, This should be interresting for you

The billions we donate to Greece are borrowed on the international capital markets, they are not coming from the IMF.

Correct, my bad.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Dynamitrios]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
When you project the system of "exchange" onto a time line, you get the System of DEBT. It grows out of proportion, in all direction, it doesn't really create the wanted "pyramid" structure, it goes beyond that. TPTB have no idea how things work. They own tons of debt and call it money/power - that is banking. The blown up empty bag which explodes with a very loud bang. The whole global civilization is falling apart.

There is no way out of this trap created by unintelligent elites and their faithful slaves.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

I wouldnt call them unintelligent, this is a pretty well thought out con-job, credits where they are due.

Now imagine if they would use their wit to work for the good of humanity, man this place would be a paradise for everything that lives on this planet

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join