It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel stations nuclear missile subs off Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I dare Israel to push the button, I freekin dare them!

It would be a pre-emptive strike which would already anger the world, but for a nuclear pre-emptive strike? The whole world would be going crazy and anyone associated with Israel after that will have a target on them.

I guarantee you all of Israel's 'allies' will scurry out the back door if Israel drops the bomb.

Israel is not that silly.

They'll ensure support by staging a false flag attack first.

I wonder which American ship Israel will take out this time . . .

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Guys if war does break out when will it and how do you see it going down?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

This isn't a game.. To make a statement like this is to severely underestimate the devastation that would come from a nuclear strike. All to what? Turn the world against Israel? They are doing a fine job of that on their own..

Statements like this are to be left on the playground.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
So after all these years of chest pumping, are finally going to see some action? I'm not advocating nuclear war, just saying that all of the back and forth threats are getting old. Honestly, I think that without nukes, Israel doesn't stand a chance against Iran.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

oh god, i hope they nuke them already, this place has been a scourge to civilization since the days of greece

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

oh god, i hope they nuke them already, this place has been a scourge to civilization since the days of greece

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakemil

See my statement a few posts up.. I will direct it to you as well..

Edited for clarity:

Originally posted by broahes
This isn't a game.. To make a statement like this is to severely underestimate the devastation that would come from a nuclear strike. All to what? Turn the world against Israel? They are doing a fine job of that on their own..

Statements like this are to be left on the playground.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by broahes]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by broahes

Dont care about your statements, its a serious game but it is just that, a game. sorry my friend sometimes in reality people are less concerned then what you might think or wish, and im talkign about both sides. in reality we live in a state of anarchy, and once your hated nwos and israel bad guys fall apart, some other bigger badder bad guy will show up and take its place, and will probably kill off you and your family in the process to make grazzing room for their own kind

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
How much more of this buildup can there be before everything lights off? Nearly all of the pieces are in place, and they won't stay at peak readiness for very long. I agree, it will be in June.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jakemil

Wow Jakemil, that's wishing death and destruction on an awful lot of innocents...or simple Islamic sheeple.

The problem with Nukes is that they are very blunt instruments which can't help but destroy huge swaths of humanity...and plants, and animals, and waterways, and soil, and atmosphere. And given that in the event of their use, the leadership is going to be burrowed deep in blast-proof bunkers...the true perpetrators of the reasons for unleashing this power, will likely go unscathed.

It kind of brings to mind acts like the firebombing of Dresdon in WWII.

Say what you will about U.S. and/or British war actions over the last couple of decades, but they have increasingly used methods and technologies designed to (try to) take out combatants (almost) only.

If/when the day comes that somebody does "go back" to using nukes, it is going to get really ugly around the world, really fast.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakemil
reply to post by broahes

Dont care about your statements, its a serious game but it is just that, a game. sorry my friend sometimes in reality people are less concerned then what you might think or wish, and im talkign about both sides. in reality we live in a state of anarchy,

No doubt about that. And no, we don't live in a state of anarchy.. far from it. It's funny that you would make that statement to an anarchist.

and once your hated nwos and israel bad guys fall apart, some other bigger badder bad guy will show up and take its place, and will probably kill off you and your family in the process to make grazzing room for their own kind

The last part here we can agree on.

Aside from the fact of course that I don't hate Israel, I couldn't agree more.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Should be interesting, because Iran now has several Russian Kilo class submarines, and no doubt also have passive sonar and hydrophones placed around their coastline. The straits of Hormuz are also a serious bottleneck for submarines as well as surface craft. So it should be possible to track these Israeli submarines.

The Kilos are extremely quiet boats, and essentially undetectable at low speed. Perfect for stalking in shallow water.
These modern Kilos, in the hands of Chinese and Russian crews and also the Aussie Collins Class subs have several times defeated US carrier battle fleets at full antisubmarine warfare alert, in war games.

If they can sneak up on a US carrier battle fleet at full alert status, they will have little trouble ambushing the Israelis in home waters.

Wouldn't it be a real pity if one of these Israeli submarines and it's nuclear cargo became lost at sea without any trace.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

the problem with your statemenet is that your assuming the nuclear warheads are going to be used stratigically, and not tactically. if they used nuclear warheads on key military facilities and nuclear development sites it would be of little consiquence to the civilians in that country, and then a second strike with conventional weapons on military and government targets in populated areas. the nuclear winter senario is based of of the assumption that you use nukes on combustible areas like cities, and not an airbase in the desert situated in the mountains.

generally speaking there are many uses sergically you can used nuclear weapons with, and most countries know that. now you can see with our discusion why nuclear proliferation is such a serious topic, because if all countries had nukes and they all thought like this, which they will, you will have a nuclear free for all in the third world.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by broahes

i was refering to a state of anarchy in the international relations context, not a personal anarchy that you might be advocating. we definitly do live in a tribal existence, man is very tribal, and you know what happens when your tribe loses and your at the mercy of another tribe

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Has anyone played that game Civilization (III)?

When you wanted to go to war with someone, the best way to do it (so as to avoid international backlash) was to get them to declare/initiate war with you instead.

What Israel is doing is no different.

"Stockholm, a modern-day city symphony
A dying mother nature once sang this hymn for me
Its all vanity to try and uplift the crowd
Ain't no use, no one can stop them now
She quoted Bob Marley and I came to the conclusion
Total destruction is the only solution"

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
Has anyone played that game Civilization (III)?

When you wanted to go to war with someone, the best way to do it (so as to avoid international backlash) was to get them to declare/initiate war with you instead.

What Israel is doing is no different.

"Stockholm, a modern-day city symphony
A dying mother nature once sang this hymn for me
Its all vanity to try and uplift the crowd
Ain't no use, no one can stop them now
She quoted Bob Marley and I came to the conclusion
Total destruction is the only solution"

I find Europa Universalis III to be a much better game to play world with

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I want Israel to stop their war crimes as much as anybody, but please, can we NOT do it by killing 40 million civilians in a nuclear war?

Pretty please?

And in other news, the aid flotilla backed by Turkey arrives monday Israel time. There's some reports saying that Turkey's air force will protect them... that could lead to something really bad.

we definitly do live in a tribal existence

We are not tribal in the west IMO. Why is police getting away with abuse of power of people all the time and everyone is watching them do it without doing anything? Why when someone is dying on the side of the road, nobody helps them?

We have lost our tribal spirit in the west, that's for sure.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

Yeah, how would Israel deal with that sort of humiliation? I suspect with a massive spasm of immediate military aggression. The attack would be over before even anybody here at ATS knew about it, and the MSM wouldn't say a peep about it until a proper propaganda piece could be crapped out in, say, a month or two.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
They are bluffing. Rahm Emanuel is over there right now snapping towels in a gay bar probably. They won't do anything.

Iran, on the other hand, is a bunch of psychos. I hope they destroy Israel. If they could actually launch missiles at Israel and beat that dirtbag country back into the stone age I would jump for joy. Israel is the most racist and most mentally retarded country on the planet. I'd put Kenya above them.

*Snip*

Mod Note: The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

[edit on 5/30/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

The problem with this kind of blustering rhetoric this time around, as I see it, is that we are actually on the verge of seeing this level of death, destruction and mayhem.

I think that Iran and their allies are deadly serious about purging Israel, and under the right circumstances are capable of bringing that about. I think that Israel is deadly serious about protecting itself, and not being wiped off the face of the Earth.

I think that the line in the sand, is the Iranian insistence on becoming a nuclear power (or one kind or another). The clock is really ticking this time.

Israelis committing significant forces (and more we do not know about certainly) in an offensive posture...one that is not long-term sustainable. The U.S. may be doing the same thing...right now.

So, perhaps we should act a tad more humble in our expressed wishes for these people or those people getting wiped out...because we are seriously likely about to become witnesses to the carnage (and may even become embroiled ourselves).

Bravado is easy and free when the danger is not yet real.

Maybe this time, though, it's real.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join