It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do lights always respond to me? Please help shed some light!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The chi thing makes sense since the better my mood the bigger the black out area, from one bulb to a whole block....

I forgot to mention getting mad though, all but one of the 6 lights on the bar lighting or whatever it os called in the bathroom pop at once and burn out, same with the chandelleer, but this was only when my ex was around, I don't get mad much anymore...

Also, before my ex came around, (as he was SOOO abusive really lowered my vibration for a while) I got free cable, lol..... sounds funny I now, but no rabbit ears or anything....

On one hand though it really sucked becasue I avoided the news at all cost back then, before 911, and they interupted the dang teletubbies with that, soooo sadly I saw something I never wanted to see..... I tried every channel but it was everywhere.... by the time I turned off the TV it was too late..... I had turned form someone like tinkerbell, fluttering around full of life, to a wilted flower...... I am sure you all rember that feeling..... knowing right away that it was manufactured etc.... knowing there was no way it was a terrorist attack etc... anyhoo, back on subject..... it has taken years to raise my vibration back this much since my world view changed so much, but this time around I am learning to keep up my vibes no matter what... the oil thing brought me down for a bit, but I am trying to see a positive futre still no matter what trials we go through first etc...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
i didnt think anyone else experianced this, but it happens to me too, i walk by a treetlight it goesoff, i walk to the next it goes off, and so on and turn backon after i leave the area ( roughly about 10-20meters)

it happens when i am walking home (cause thats the only time i am out at night) i listen to my ipod,and music makes me feel strange, like i feel this energy building up, i cannot discribe it, but i am at peace but tense, words are to small to share the feeling it is simpley there

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Wow, I always just assumed they were suppose to do that. Ok well, then, Hi, I also seem to be apart of this. It's been happening to me for as long as I can remeber and I always remember it seeming strange to me... Thing is, I always seem to know when the ligths are gonna freak out, ... like it will draw my attention, I'll be staring at it, then poof off it goes...or on... w/e...

Wow the things you read on ATS. I seriously thought it was the lights over heating and turning off as a fail-safe or something..

OOoo.. nothing Freaky story.... Had this POS toyota that always had eletrical problems... one night I was walking to the car, when I got close the freaking headlights came on.... keys in my hand car locked... wtf!!!!
thats been bugging me for years!

oh hi btw !! still sorta new here....

edit: spelling

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Eternity_Awaits]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Lights go off around me too all the time -.-
PCs and any electronics also like to act up and mess up around me as well.
power off/on , freezing, ect. ect.

I have to say it is your energy field. Cause when I stand by Radios or any kind of transmitting devices they tend to work better or worse when anybody else can stand by it and it doesn't do anything at all.

I talked to a few Skeptics at JREF and they told me it had to do with the amount of water is on your skin. IT affects the field that emits off your body.

*Your not gifted, Your not a alien*
You just blessed with that lucky type of skin that helps emit more energy from your body/ aura or whatever you wish to call it

ps. when i find article on it I will post it, found this out 2 years ago so info is in my pc junked up somewhere lol.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I worked in the lighting industry for a number of years and to sum it up, you have no special powers. Street lighting and fluorescent lighting use a ballast. Changing the ballasts is expensive in comparison to changing the bulb. As cities lose more money you will see more blinking lights. I have been in store parking lots that were blinking like a Christmas tree with 30 year old fixtures and new bulbs. A ballast will have a transformer and a capacitor. Sometimes just replacing the capacitor will solve this problem. Now if this happens with an incandescent bulb, you might have something.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Some lights also do have a thermal protection to protect from fires.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jeramyu

I've also experienced this phenomenon (and still do). Mostly with street lights but also indoors. I was told by a paranormal expert that spirits like to 'siphon' the energy from lights (among other things) and that I was mostly likely being followed by such spirits at any given time. This coincides with when I first started using a Ouija board, which I was very interested in about 5 or 6 years ago.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
BillfromCovina,you are absolutely right and ABSOLUTELY WRONG.

You make a technical point that you try to use to explain something that requires parameters greater than you can provide to be explained.

We all know about the sensors,thats obvious.

I also shut lights out ,all types not just street lights,I also turn on lights during the day or make their sensors flicker,what you are saying is supportive of us having some unusual ability because it IS THE WEAKENED SENSORS THAT ARE LIKE A COMPASS DIRECTING US TO THE CAUSE OF OUR DILEMMA,you are the pro,why would we be more able to manipulate a weaker sensor.
Dont dispute that we do it that is a given

Go to your local bigbox hardware store and look at the display of twenty light sensitive security fixtures put on display together including the motion detector lights,after you stop moving all the lights should go out.

When I go anywhere near the display ALL THE LIGHTS START SWITCHING ON AND OFF SOME IN A RAPID MANNER,OTHERS INTERMITTENTLY.

I have a relative that sets off security alarms in department stores.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I am so glad I stumbled across this thread! This has been happening to me for years. Street lights will go off or turn on as I pass by. Never thought to talk about it with anyone though.

For me, it usually happens when I'm feeling very upbeat, not angry or upset.

Have a new addition lately though, now it's the lights in the freezers at the grocery store. Not one or two, whole banks will take turns going out and coming back on going up and down the aisle... nothing orderly mind you.
Noticed it once, no big deal... bad bulbs, whatever but then it got to be routine and I came to realize it was happening even in brand new stores.

No problems with watch batteries, no OTHER lights on and off (once a touch lamp but, it was really windy and I think that much static electricity had built up in the air), just streetlights and now freezer lights.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
For about four years, every time I walked outside of my house (at night) or even looked out of my bedroom window, the street light just to the left of my house would turn off... just like clockwork... every darn time I was anywhere near that thing it would turn off. It was the only light on my entire street that ever did this.

I was beginning to think I was superhuman, until one night when it just stopped (as in, the light stayed on). As it turns out, the light was just losing its juice and after four long years it was finally replaced. Sadly, I was not superhuman. It was all one giant coincidence. But then, a couple of nights later, I noticed a street light across the street doing the exact same thing as mine had been doing for the past four years... maybe the last four years were not just a coincidence afterall?!

A few days later I was out walking my dog and ran into a neighbour from across the street (who has way less patience than I) and he brought up said light. He said he called whomever it is you call about those things to complain and was told that one of the rocket scientists in charge of replacing the light pulled the old switcheroo on the two lights in question (apparently he was bragging about his accomplishment). They assured him that the individual responsible had been 'dealt with' and they apologized for any inconvenience and would be out to replace the light within the next few days. Two months later, they came, they fixed, and now all of the lights on my street shine bright.

Now, I'm not saying your case is like mine, as I do genuinely believe that what is happening to you does in fact happen to some. But, for the most part, I think people are too quick to pass this phenomenon off as something "paranormal" (or whatever you wish to call it)... it could be as simple as my situation... very stupidly, I will admit, I never took into account what the light was doing when I wasn't looking at it.

There are so many street lights out there to maintain, and although I enjoy taking cheap shots here and there at those responsible to maintain them, it must be a pretty big job keeping track of all of them. Have you ever tried calling in to report a malfunctioning one? I think they are all numbered as well and you can tell them the exact street light that is acting up by giving them its number. If they come to check it out and it turns out to be working fine, then it could be some pretty good proof that it is you that is causing the light to flicker.

Maybe, one day, you should take a video camera out with you and try and document what is happening... that may be a good starting point on your road to figuring out what is really going on.

All the best!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Thanks for mentioning the grocery store display lights I forgot about the produce section,ha,ha,ha.I also seem to relate it to extreme emotional broadcasting by us.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think that it's just a coincidence that the lights happened to turn off when you were under them and you've made a connection between the two events (you being there and the lights going off) that doesn't really exist.

As a little experiment, to see if you have any effect on the lights go for a walk tonight(preferably somewhere with a lot of lights). Count the number of lights that turn off when you pass them and then count the number of lights that stayed on.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I was driving home the other morning and as i was specifically thinking about the odds of an entire row of lights going out as I "just happened"to be passing them,ABOUT TWO CITY BLOCKS WORTH OF LIGHTS ON BOTH SIDES OF ME WENT OUT IN SEQUENCE GOING AWAY FROM ME.

I think we can do this almost on demand if we want.Its just hard for us to tune in .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join